TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

You don't need a wave pool, install a wave river. Don't compete with Aquarica or Typhoon/Blizzard. These are huge hits at Shlitterbahn and I think other manufacturers are copying them now. I would outline the entire water park area with one. Go for a huge all in one structure like Montezuma put in at Cowabunga in Draper.

I went to the park on I Drive for the first time recently. This is a real class act of a park, small but packed with fun. They have a well rounded ride selection to meet all ages and the staff was very friendly. My son and I had a blast and we also enjoy their other park next to Old Town. I see great things for this little gem of a park chain.

• 2 months later...

Looks like Fun Spot have invested some serious money by installing incredibly bright LED's to line the White Lightening coaster to increase visibility. Looking GREAT in my opinion

The Mako Madness video on Youtube shows they chase through a rainbow pattern, would be cool to see if they can be programmed into Red, White and Blue. That would be super awesome.

FunSpot.thumb.jpg.2d33727efb4835bab30edc33c7e40e84.jpg

Edited by eddytheviper

That looks great.

I've got to be honest. There are plenty of reasons to be jealous of anyone who lives in Orlando and while you don't think of it very often, Fun Spot should be high on that list. Where else can you be out grocery shopping and randomly be like "Hey let's go ride a great coaster on the way home" and be back in the. At 10 minutes later. Plus the park is open every day all year until Midnight.

I love Fun Spot and I'm jealous of everyone that lives near it. I wish we had something like that.

We are looking forward to our first visit to fun spot this summer. The only problem is that we are only going to spend an hour or two in the park (mainly for the coasters).

Do they sell individual ride tickets, or do you have to buy a ride band? Only thing I see listed on the website is a all day ride band, but others have said something about tickets.

^ yes, they do sell individual ride tickets. Another option you may not have been aware of is the anniversary sale they have every year. (I am assuming they will again this year.) The deal is usually on a saturday early to mid June-ish. The cost of an wrist band is the same as that years anniversary. This will be year 17, so the cost will most likely be $17. The band is good for a year and can be purchased online. Just print out your ticket and redeem at the ticket booth. This is a much cheaper option and gets you lots of re-rides.

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing earth shattering to report. Just a cool article on MSN today on 20 can't miss attractions in Orlando. Of course it lists all the usual suspects like Hulk, Manta , Rock N Rollercoaster, but I found it neat that the first can't miss attraction they listed was White Lightning, with a nice little write up.

• 2 months later...

I saw that too and was wondering why it was so under the radar. Looks like a great addition, tho I wish it was going to the Orlando one. BTW, This Saturday, june 11 is the 18 year anniversary bash. Tickets for both parks can be bought for 18 dollars each, and you can buy multiple tickets on site or on line. Great deal.

So, it's like that vomit-inducing contraption that Quassy got last season.

You're cool, Fun Spot, but I think I'll pass on that one.

• 2 months later...

I just visited the park today to do three things: play some redemption games and the KISS pinball game (that tilts too easily), ride some flats, and finally ride WHITE LIGHTNING!!! Well, I did all that, so I can die happy or just retire from riding and amusement park flying.

While the park has enough as it stands, we all know we'll be asking for more new attractions. I did see a grassy field that was fenced off and I couldn't help but dream what else could they put in there. Two things come to mind: a log flume and a custom made dark ride.

I went during the day, but I bet it's even super at night!

WHITE LIGHTNING - Can you survive it's strike?

^I have so much love for WHITE LIGHTNING in my heart! It does me well to hear you speak of it such! Also, it's my 9 year old daughter's current favorite coaster, and we marathoned it together, so I think that's partly why I feel so fondly of it!

I just visited the park today to do three things: play some redemption games and the KISS pinball game (that tilts too easily), ride some flats, and finally ride WHITE LIGHTNING!!! Well, I did all that, so I can die happy or just retire from riding and amusement park flying.

While the park has enough as it stands, we all know we'll be asking for more new attractions. I did see a grassy field that was fenced off and I couldn't help but dream what else could they put in there. Two things come to mind: a log flume and a custom made dark ride.

I went during the day, but I bet it's even super at night!

WHITE LIGHTNING - Can you survive it's strike?

The last concert art they posted showed a small water park there and the log flume over where the current parking lot is with a few flat in there

• 1 month later...