TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Finally got to visit this park over the weekend. This is a great little park. Very clean, great ride selection and friendly staff. That White Lightning coaster was a blast. I can't believe how fast that ride goes through that layout. Freedom Flyer wasn't half bad either with decent speed. All in all a well rounded park.

• 2 weeks later...

Falcon's Creative Group Designs Long Range Development Master Plan for Fun Spot Orlando

ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwired - January 11, 2016) - Falcon's Creative Group is excited to announce our involvement in the design of a new long range development master plan for Fun Spot Orlando.

"It was a special experience to work with Fun Spot. Their passion for their guests and team is so inspirational. The new master plan will give guests a chance to step into different eras and experiences all under one ultimate storyline, Americana. We are very excited to see Fun Spot grow in the upcoming years and make an impact in the Orlando theme park community," says Designer, Brandi Monard.

The proposed master plan includes six new themes that will be applied across the entire park. These themes were brought to life by Falcon's in an effort to create thematic narratives that will transport guests to classic American past and present time periods. The goal was to enhance the park's current family fun experience and create new areas that contribute to the Fun Spot brand. The future expansion will continue to bring fresh and exciting experiences to Fun Spot guests.

"It was important for us to help sculpt Fun Spot's vision to build upon their existing brand and personality, while elevating their offerings to guests locally and around the world," says Creative Director, Joshua Adcock.

The expansion of Fun Spot Orlando is set to take place in the coming years, and will also incorporate new food and beverage partners, coasters, water rides and much more.

Fun_Spot_Boardwalk-8cfaab69ed1cb89ab5ee078f808e7b48.thumb.jpg.c93027eef92d70d71262b35203e99fca.jpg

Fun_Spot_MP_Aerial_View_1-fc32054c786189aca97cb91871dd513e.thumb.jpg.2f167bf11ce33778a0f5e10fb7f80590.jpg

Fun_Spot_MP_Aerial_View_2-366ca42a331ca3cc846c528542d3f0a4.thumb.jpg.411fa82b0e6eb75c1974fe0bf1aa1866.jpg

Cleaned up this thread a bit so there would be a REAL announcement instead of just someone posting "holy crap" with a link. Sorry I had to remove all the other posts that came after it, but feel free to re-post what you said.

In the future, if you guys could all do us a HUUUUUUUGE favor (pun intended) when you post something that is an announcement for a new ride or expansion, please make it look like the one I posted above, not a couple of words and a link. That will get deleted because that's not very informative and not the kind of content we want here. Thank you!

Oops, sorry Robb. My sentiment remains the same however... holy crap! It's incredible watching this park transform from a small F.E.C into a major amusement park. I'm thrilled for them and I'm not sure what this says about me but I'm personally more excited about the Sky Ride than anything else. It's great to see a park install (presumably) a brand new one.

I'm not even going to begin to ask what is and is not what kind of coaster/attraction since it's just concept art but from the look of things it appears that they're planning to expand into the vacant lot across the road from the existing parking lot. Should be interesting, I like Fun Spot but have honestly only been a handful of times since it's been opened, but something new would certainly get me back through the gates again.

It's great that Fun Spot is expanding but still setting itself apart from the other Orlando parks by being "a place you just go to for a few hours because it's fun" instead of being "a place you spend your life savings on". Just the kind of place I like!

I'm bummed out I skipped Fun Spot during my visit. I planned to go after a day at Universal, but I had a fastpass later that night for Seven Dwarfs that I didn't want to miss out on. I'll make sure I get some spins on White Lightning during my next trip!

I'm excited to see them evolve into a full "theme park". I was very impressed by the service of the ride ops on my last visit---there were no more than 50 people in the whole park, but those ride ops were running around to whatever ride we wanted to ride and being super friendly.

Love fun spot as its a great airport day park or evening after Universal or Sea World park or great 1st day park after you have driven up from a cruise port lol.

Concept art could change but fun spot has said it wants a log ride , water park and coaster. so I guess this is an idea they wanted to share. I bet all the comments and feed back is taken on-board. Only think missing is a

hotel lol .

Go Fun spot see you in 2018!

Stu K

I guess the water park is the only part of the plans that's a bit puzzling to me, that plot of land in the concept art and on the map is a bit small and it seems like there are plenty of great water parks in town so I'm not sure how that fits into the model of what Fun Spot is now as a place you kind of stop into for a few hours but don't spend a full day at. Then again with Wet n Wild closing maybe there is a place for something like that. I'm sure Volcano Falls or whatever it's called will be priced higher such that it's included in the overall Universal Resort pricing structure so maybe there is a market for a smaller more affordable park option.

^I see the water park as actually being the most successful area of the park. All the tourists basically live in or have their bathing suits at the ready. You need some cool water relief 8 months out of the year, and it absolutely fills a need for a low cost water park. Anyone remember Water Mania on 192? I see it filling that niche.

^I think a water park attached to Fun Spot has a far stronger chance of success than any of the local "water parks" attached to some of the I-Drive area resort hotels (like CoCo Key) ever have. Fun Spot manages to draw a consistent audience, and like you said, most tourists are at the ready with their swimwear to dive in when the opportunity arises. This makes total sense for Fun Spot.

Yeah I get what you all are saying and I think a smaller lower priced park would do great in Orlando I just hope they build a full fledged "smaller" lower priced water park and not just throw in a few slides with a pool for the sake of having a water park option. I guess the other thing I was thinking was that a lot of resorts and hotels in the Orlando market now have really nice pool areas with water slides and lazy rivers and splash pads and stuff that kind of fill that niche in a way, it's not just the major Disney properties anymore. The old water park concept plans from Fun Spot looked like a great "smaller" water park option with some really unique slide complexes and all, but this recent concept art it didn't look like much more than a typical resort complex squeezed into the rides expansion. Again I know concept art is just concept art and it's all subject to change but I hope if they are going to add a water park section they do it right.

I just looked up Watermania on 192 and yeah I don't remember that place at all. The more I think about it Wet N Wild will have a million visitors per year up until the day it closes so there is certainly a market there, I just hope what Fun Spot builds capitalizes on that market and doesn't get lost in the mix.

I'm excited about the growth of Fun Spot and glad they've gone with the themed areas idea also. It's awesome to see how fast this location is expanding. I saw a few commercial looking buildings in the artwork, so I'm looking forward to what those will be also. There's a few other things that pop into my mind with the expansion though...

1) The parking garage. Would it be a pay to park garage? Is it strictly for Fun Spot? My guess is it will be a pay to park garage, because the overflow from the Outlet Mall would take at least half the parking spots, if not more. From a business stand point, if people who are not Fun Spot customers are willing to pay for it then I think Fun Spot should bank off of that.

2) Will there be a bridge going over Fun Spot Dr. to connect the two sides? From the concept art I saw a crosswalk by White Lightning but no bridge anywhere. I think the better idea would be to have a bridge so traffic isn't interrupted.

3) I think it's great we'll have a cheaper park to visit in Orlando, but I hope there's enough security to keep the park at an enjoyable environment.

I'm looking forward to hearing more details about the development! I can't help but compare the overall size of what will be Fun Spot to Opryland USA that used to be in Nashville. Opryland might've is a little larger I believe.

The parking garage. Would it be a pay to park garage? Is it strictly for Fun Spot? My guess is it will be a pay to park garage, because the overflow from the Outlet Mall would take at least half the parking spots, if not more. From a business stand point, if people who are not Fun Spot customers are willing to pay for it then I think Fun Spot should bank off of that.

They could do something where they knock X amount of dollars off of an all-day pass or something if you show your parking ticket.

1) The parking garage. Would it be a pay to park garage? Is it strictly for Fun Spot? My guess is it will be a pay to park garage, because the overflow from the Outlet Mall would take at least half the parking spots, if not more. From a business stand point, if people who are not Fun Spot customers are willing to pay for it then I think Fun Spot should bank off of that.

2) Will there be a bridge going over Fun Spot Dr. to connect the two sides? From the concept art I saw a crosswalk by White Lightning but no bridge anywhere. I think the better idea would be to have a bridge so traffic isn't interrupted.

1.) While the outlets would probably spill over a few cars during the busy season, I feel like charging for parking at Fun Spot would be counterintuitive as the park has always touted its affordability including free access to the park, with guests only having to pay for the attractions and experiences you choose to enjoy. The parking garage seems more like the park would be making a significant effort to position itself for future expansion beyond this master plan, because the parking garage would allow for the existing parking lot parcels to be leveraged for additional park development.

2.) From what has been referenced in the press releases and concept art, it looks like there would be some kind of ride experience that would take you to the expansion plot across the ride (the Sky Buckets). That being said, I could certainly see an elevated path being added if the plot was being used for more than a few additional attractions.

^The outlets are busier than you think! And if there was a nice garage there it would be filled with outlet workers and shoppers. I think Fun Spot could do something where they validate a parking charge and make money from the outlet shoppers. Many of which would pay a few bucks to have a nice safe, shaded spot.

^I see the water park as actually being the most successful area of the park. All the tourists basically live in or have their bathing suits at the ready. You need some cool water relief 8 months out of the year, and it absolutely fills a need for a low cost water park. Anyone remember Water Mania on 192? I see it filling that niche.

Agreed! Orlando always needs new ways for people to cool off.