TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

I would love to see a Vekoma stingray in the US

This is my favorite of the more realistic options so far! I hate getting my hopes up but that would be a really great addition to the park.

I'm sure whatever they do will be impressive though. So far they have yet to disappoint.

That was during IAAPA. Pretty sure they weren't the only company there.

Where did I state they were the only ones there? All I said was "you never know"

You never said, but the context of your post certainly implied it...

Fun Spot hosted a "facility tour" that included unlimited rides, food, and booze. It's safe to say they weren't the only manufacturer there...so I guess anything is possible because reps from ride companies visited the park!

Ok, this is my new front-runner for Fun Spot's 2016 coaster! Apparently, the rumor is that there were two ordered for 2016, so it would make sense if Fun Spot were to be the second one! I think it'd be a great addition for the park, personally!

Ok, this is my new front-runner for Fun Spot's 2016 coaster! Apparently, the rumor is that there were two ordered for 2016, so it would make sense if Fun Spot were to be the second one! I think it'd be a great addition for the park, personally!

I'm LOVING this rumor more and more!!! I can also see the PR for Fun Spot saying not only do we have the only wooden coaster in Orlando, we also have a coaster with the Steepest Drop in Orlando.

• 2 months later...

^Disney to Fun Spot is a good 20 minute drive in times of no traffic. Fun Spot is in the general area closer to Universal. During the city's busier traffic times, typically 4PM-7PM on weekdays, it can take an hour or more.

Assuming that you mean Uber, being a large city with a large tourism population, you can pretty much Uber anywhere in Orlando to any other part of Orlando. Thanksgiving week itself can get a little bit busy, but the week following shouldn't be too bad.

• 1 month later...
Went and hit fun spot for white lightning the first time on Friday and wow was I impressed. Wasn't very long but was just packed with action from beginning to end. Would have loved to have gotten more than one ride if it wasn't nine bucks a ride.

Totally agree about White Lightning being impressive. It is without doubt the best woodie in Florida haha. I share your thoughts about the prices at the park as well. When I visited we didn't go until late in the evening and it was still full price for a wristband and instantly showed me why a park that was open so late was almost deserted at that time. If prices were a bit lower I could imagine the park being packed in the evenings.

Edited by StealthFan

Went and hit fun spot for white lightning the first time on Friday and wow was I impressed. Wasn't very long but was just packed with action from beginning to end. Would have loved to have gotten more than one ride if it wasn't nine bucks a ride.

Totally agree about White Lightning being impressive. It is without doubt the best woodie in Florida haha. I share your thoughts about the prices at the park as well. When I visited we didn't go until late in the evening and it was still full price for a wristband and instantly showed me why a park that was open so late was almost deserted at that time. If prices were a bit lower I could imagine the park being packed in the evenings.

Last week was my first visit to the new Fun Spot (did the Go Karts 10 years ago) and I have to say that I was really impressed! Honestly the wristband isn't a bad deal if you spend enough time to hit enough of the attractions. We did two of the Go Kart tracks, the enterprise, a couple of laps on the Freedom Flyer, a couple more on White Lightning (we had the train to ourselves---multiple dispatches with no problems!), the kiddie coaster credit, the screamin swing, kiddie rides with Jacob, and the skycoaster twice in a few hours!

The staff were super friendly and always quick to run to whatever ride we wanted to operate. I wish we had something like this closer to me in the valley here in L.A.

^Disney to Fun Spot is a good 20 minute drive in times of no traffic. Fun Spot is in the general area closer to Universal. During the city's busier traffic times, typically 4PM-7PM on weekdays, it can take an hour or more.

What?!?!?

It would NEVER take "an hour or more" to get to Fun Spot! Worst case scenario if there is traffic on I-4, you can either take Turkey Lake Rd or Apopka Vineline to Sand Lake and then a left on I-Drive. At the MOST it may take you like 30-35 minutes during peak times to get from the farthest point of Disney property to Fun Spot. There are so many different ways to get around Orlando when there is traffic that if it took you "an hour or more" to get from Disney to Fun Spot, you have made some serious wrong turns!

1424303489_ScreenShot2015-11-24at02_05_38.thumb.png.29ef8de3e6edc3098f809070d8667d3d.png

1370828039_ScreenShot2015-11-24at02_07_38.png.092ccd955d1ed34dd1b9e034c316d7d5.png

Edited by robbalvey

It would NEVER take "an hour or more" to get to Fun Spot! Worst case scenario if there is traffic on I-4, you can either take Turkey Lake Rd or Apopka Vineline to Sand Lake and then a left on I-Drive. At the MOST it may take you like 30-35 minutes during peak times to get from the farthest point of Disney property to Fun Spot. There are so many different ways to get around Orlando when there is traffic that if it took you "an hour or more" to get from Disney to Fun Spot, you have made some serious wrong turns!

Yeah, I even got caught in Interstate 4's slow-moving traffic on my way there from Walt Disney World property the other day, and it still only took me about 25 minutes.

Finally got to visit the park a few weeks back. I was really impressed at the park, and especially the employees! They were all really great, friendly, and as we were leaving one of them even remembered Jacob's name and yelled bye to him!

Edited by jray21

• 3 weeks later...