TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
^A quick look at google maps confirms that you are spot on!

See what he did there? He used the word spot to elaborate where the attraction is going to be at Fun SPOT. Hence... ...comedy ensued. And laughter erupted from the masses!

And that's HUGE!

• 2 weeks later...

I was at Fun Spot late last Thursday the 12th to get my credits. Caught the Universal fireworks while riding the coasters. Loved White Lighting. A solid classic ride. Every town should have one like this. Freedom is good for what it is. The Gator Spot (love the meshing of names there) seems to be death rolling along. One question, was that area to be the once projected waterpark portion of the park? This park screams for a S&S El Loco or Eurofighter like Iron Shark. Will love to visit again in 2017 But with more time.

A White Castle stand make perfect sense there. Maybe a Nathan's Famous stand as well.

Here's a few things we tweeted out today from the White Castle Crave Mobile at Fun Spot! It will be at the Orlando location the 19th/20th and Kissimmee 21st/22nd. Get there EARLY! When we left people said they had been waiting 90 minutes!

[vine]

[/vine]

B-N9uKcIMAAPK1y.jpg:large

This morning @FunSpotAmerica I'm having some @WhiteCastle then gonna ride White Lightning! Yes!!! #CraveMobile

B-OCA1JCcAAv8YO.jpg:large

For the first in #Orlando, @WhiteCastle is OPEN @FunSpotAmerica! AWESOME!!! #CraveMobile @CraveMobile2

B-OCSOXCQAANNxe.jpg:large

The @WhiteCastle @CraveMobile2 has a pretty good line at 11am! @FunSpotAmerica

B-OFtT6CQAA2UfR.jpg:large

You know what #Orlando craves? @WhiteCastle!!! Get 'em NOW @FunSpotAmerica #CraveMobile

B-OQoCXIMAA2zzv.jpg:large

We are about to satisfy our crave! @FunSpotAmerica @WhiteCastle #CraveMobile

B-OS8ZnCAAAsny0.jpg:large

What does TPR crave? @WhiteCastle that's what! Get 'em NOW @FunSpotAmerica 19/20th Orlando 21/22nd Kissimmee

B-OcmCaCIAAuPsG.jpg:large

Roller coasters & @WhiteCastle! We have satisfied our crave @FunSpotAmerica! #CraveMobile is here NOW!

IMG_9689.thumb.JPG.e3ee63022aeb346fa29961b1bf7c78ef.JPG

And here was the line when we left!

IMG_9671.thumb.JPG.0080d8915a452e6f6e7bb9f600212f9c.JPG

Delicious!

Edited by robbalvey

I'm not drunk right now so I'll withhold my comment on White Castle beef sliders. But having the CraveMobile there appears to be a PR/Marketing home run.

Although I love their Chicken Sliders (not available at mobile locales)

Edited by larrygator

They better be some damn awesome burgers though if people are willing to queue for that long.

The thing is they are far from awesome, just unique to many people in the area.

Remind me of the mania around Krispy Kreme when they moved into new cities, they are not that good.

^Yep. I'm not a White Castle fan, either, but if people want to wait 90 minutes for a box of little burgers, that's their choice; as you said, Larry, it's a "novelty."

Edited by cfc

They better be some damn awesome burgers though if people are willing to queue for that long.

The thing is they are far from awesome, just unique to many people in the area.

I would actually rather have White Castle than just about most other burgers, to be honest. I actually really *like* them and we have been known to go out of our way for them when we are in areas that have them.

I personally would MUCH rather have a White Castle burger than In N Out, Burger King, Wendy's, Steak N Shake, and many other fast food burger places.

While some might say it's an "acquired taste" this most certainly proves there are a lot of people how there who have acquired that taste.

Edited by robbalvey