TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

I am a staff member of a furry convention that happen in Orlando this past week (Megaplex at the Orlando Airport Marriott). One of my Con-roomies talked to Fun Spot America and they allowed him to organize a unoffical fursuit ride on White Lighting and Freedom Flyer.

This is actually going on as we speak! Here is a photo he just sent me. Gotta say, I really love Fun Spot and what they do to get business! He says he should have video and more photos later on!

480021_3311835292566_525691237_n.jpg.df5195651b79475ca3e1c18527cb43b1.jpg

I am a staff member of a furry convention that happen in Orlando this past week (Megaplex at the Orlando Airport Marriott). One of my Con-roomies talked to Fun Spot America and they allowed him to organize a unoffical fursuit ride on White Lighting and Freedom Flyer.

This is actually going on as we speak! Here is a photo he just sent me. Gotta say, I really love Fun Spot and what they do to get business! He says he should have video and more photos later on!

Gotta be honest - this photo really does beat the whole bowling pin thing. God help us all if there is a video.

I just hate to think what these furries would do to that poor bowling pin if they ran into it behind a strip mall on I-Drive somewhere.

i have got to get back down there! drove rite by the place leaving Disney.i was going to pull in until I got talked into going to that outlet mall.my wife just HAD to have a new purse rite that second lol.raining when we got done.

This looks like a blast; I wish that I had been there!

Gotta be honest - this photo really does beat the whole bowling pin thing.

Beats it in that "so creepy, I feel like I need to take a shower" kind of way? Yes!

Between bronies, mermen, and furries there needs to be a new smiley icon for "so creepy I need shower"....

Believe me, I understand that most people in this world find us horrifying and disgusting. I'm not to worried about the forums stance on us. I've meet a lot of you at the Fun Spot filming session before and you're all cool. If there is a video, I'll post it anyway. Thanks guys!

I just am loving Fun Spot more and more due to the things they are willing to do.

Beats it in that "so creepy, I feel like I need to take a shower" kind of way? Yes!

This is easily the most true and accurate statement that anyone will post on the internet today.

dt

Oh, wow. Wish I could have been there for that. Really surprised that Funspot actually allowed that; I know others that have tried to set that kind of thing up at parks, and don't know anyone that's had any success; most are far too afraid of the liabilities (safety issues with limited vision, or getting tails caught in moving parts, etc). Funspot is either insane, or just that awesome; maybe both.

As far as everyone else, how do you survive on the internet if you're that easily creeped out?

Between bronies, mermen, and furries there needs to be a new smiley icon for "so creepy I need shower"....

Edited by Wes

Oh, wow. Wish I could have been there for that. Really surprised that Funspot actually allowed that; I know others that have tried to set that kind of thing up at parks, and don't know anyone that's had any success; most are far too afraid of the liabilities (safety issues with limited vision, or getting tails caught in moving parts, etc). Funspot is either insane, or just that awesome; maybe both.

As far as everyone else, how do you survive on the internet if you're that easily creeped out?

As it turns out, they have always been extremely lax on that. Previous Megaplex's we've done the

and
. Granted, this is the first time we were allowed on the coasters. As it turns out, they were able to skycoaster this time around too. I would attach the photos, but it's just going to add to the clutter, so I'm deciding against it.

As it turns out, they have always been extremely lax on that. Previous Megaplex's we've done the

and
. Granted, this is the first time we were allowed on the coasters. As it turns out, they were able to skycoaster this time around too. I would attach the photos, but it's just going to add to the clutter, so I'm deciding against it.

Well, it's the first time they've -had- coasters. Still, my opinion of the place is just going up more and more. Maybe I'll make it to Megaplex one of these years soon.

Okay, let's change the subject and talk about the possible future for Fun Spot Action Park. Now after that the park is starting to generate more $$$, now the next question should be - what will they do for an encore?

My vote would be for a dark ride, regardless if it's a walkthrough or a ride.

WHITE LIGHTING!!! Can you survive its strike?

Speaking about Future, any one have any information based on their waterpark phase? Is that still a go? or no? I personally would prefer them to develop more of the FEC side with other rides and attractions. I feel what is definitely missing is a log flume for certain, and if I could truly have it my way a shuttle loop but highly impossible.

I've never been (might go if people think it's any good? How expensive would it be to pay per ride?) But based on there current line up I defiantly think that a water ride, preferably a log flume, would be the way to go. It would complete the line up and it's so warm in Florida it would be a great way to cool off.

I'd be amazed if they make a themed attraction of any kind... But then again, I would've NEVER in all the years Fun Spot has been open guessed that they would triple their land size in order to build two coasters, a skycoaster and to add even more flats.

At this point, I won't put anything past Fun Spot short of them buying Hard Rock Park and reopening it as a pay-per-attraction offering...

Come to think of it, that's probably not a bad idea!

It would be so awesome for them to buy the Dania Beach Hurricane and put it on the new expansion area. Cause it just going to waste here in Miami, and it's a wonderful coaster.

The Hard Rock idea I don't think that would be very wise of them to do, that would be a lot of money and if nobody payed any attention to it when it was HRP nobody going to pay any attention to as Fun Spot, maybe they can purchase one of there attractions like the Magic Mushroom Ride, re-theme an name like the Sawgrass Gliders!

^I was totally joking! The only thing Hard Rock Park is destined for at this point is an asset liquidation!

As for the Dania Beach Hurricane, I'd love to see it salvaged, but I think it would be wasted money and land for Fun Spot here. The ride they just built is honestly better than the Hurricane and the Hurricane takes up far too much space. If you look at how Fun Spot squeezes in their attractions, they could probably put a ton of new flat rides and a go-kart track (and maybe even another coaster) in the same footprint as the Hurricane. At the end of the day, the value per acre of land for them is far more significant if they can put multiple attractions on a plot.