TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

I like the look of the front of those trains, very unique compared to other GCI trains. My son is a big fan of trains and railroads and hopefully before long will be tall enough to ride this. What are the height restrictions for this coaster?

Yeah! for White Lightning! Love the look of the front of the train. Had a great time yesterday thanks to Robb and crew and to Fun Spot. I must say I really am impressed with what Fun Spot has done. I know others have commented on how fast and fun White Lightning is, and how good Freedom Flyer is, but I feel I need to give a little love to some of the other rides there too. Sort of a mini trip report. Sorry no pics tho. We returned later in the day hoping to catch a few rides on White Lightning but Mother Nature was being very stormy and cranky and it was not to be.

Some of the other rides. Rip Curl - wow, fast and with wicked Air Time! Going both forwards And backwards. There's also a very spinny Tilt a Whirl, a zippy Scrambler with a very nice long cycle, and a paratrooper that, in an overheard quote, "I didnt know a Paratrooper could go that fast". It also runs forwards and backwards. We did the Bumper Boats and turned it into "an unacceptable amount of wetness" for some, Did the different Go Cart tracks. A whole bunch 'o' fun especially doing the Quad Helix in the rain. Insane ! Sliding all over the place. Also did the giant wheel, good view that you can see how close you are to "another" park just literally across the freeway.

No food pics either, but the Fries are great and only $3. Good and thick, crispy outside and, "Its Huge !!" LOL. Also the ride attendents were attentive and seemed to be enjoying their jobs. Kudos to the Lady? at Freedom Flyer. Beware, that ride is a pickpocket. As we boarded , we found a cell phone in the seat, chuckled and turned it in to her. After our multiple rides we headed to the other end of the park . it was about a half hour later we realized my partner lost his keys. We retraced our steps and as we neared the Flyer the attendent was flagging us down asking if we lost our keys. Yup, sure enough we another victim of the seat that eats! Thanks. I didn't catch her name but I believe she's the attendent in the station of WL in the last pic posted.

All in all a very fun time. So much that we plan on going back many times especially opening day in june. Hope to get rides in on the Enterprise and Sky Coaster too.

Edited by robbalvey

Yes, White Lightning is officially open. We're getting great feedback from the riders, lots of multiple trips and plenty of screams. I've heard the word "awesome" used a number of times.

Height requirement for WL is 48" tall.

Foam seats are just for a cleaner, more streamlined look. Plus they allow for the embossed logos. We don't have any information on how well they will hold up over time compared to upholstery.

The current theming of the trains are a temporary graphical representation of the actual dimensional fronts which are being fabricated. You may occasionally see this version if we have issues or need to do work on the trains. Side panel graphics are not installed yet, either.

Also look for lots of new railroad theming at the station area in the near future.

SkyCoaster and Enterprise are also on line now.

Freedom Flyer is having its station cover installed today. When you fly over the station you will see a huge FF logo on top of the cover.

Hope to see you out there! It's HUGE!

Picked up an annual pass last night and headed back to the park with some friends. The ride is already picking up speed! It was noticeably faster from the commercial shoot the day before. The crowds there are practically non-existent right now so we were able to basically just sit on the ride as long as there wasn't someone waiting for our row. The price of the annual pass was offset just last night, as the amount of times we rode everything in the park more than paid for it on a per ride basis!

Fun Spot has a winner here, and I'm happy it's only 10 minutes from our house. I see many trips over the next year!

What I find interesting is that they chose a theme based on the Santa Fe Warbonnet paint scheme, rather than something from Florida; like the Orange Blossom Special. I guess it's just that the Warbonnet pain scheme is more easily recognizable among the various railroad paint schemes.

Note I'm just linking to images to what I found on Google; these aren't my images...

Compare 1st, The Warbonnet with 2, The Orange Blossom Special:

I guess it's just that the Warbonnet pain scheme is more easily recognizable

I'm 100% sure that's it. I mean, I would have had zero clue about any of the other stuff you mentioned. I'm sure they were simply for what looked more like a "train."

Great ride tonight. What a fun coaster. Fast and had me smiling the whol way. Fun Spot have got themselves a hit.

The ride attendants were great as well. They were letting me know which seats they thought were the best to ride.

Got to ride it six times in a row, no wait.

Freedom Fighter was not my favorite. Rode it once and felt it.

^Have you ridden Flying School/Swamp Thing at LegoLand Florida/Cyprus Gardens? FF is a larger layout by the same company, so I'm curious if it is a rough and head-banging as FS.

Freedom Flyer is lap bar only and super smooth.

^Have you ridden Flying School/Swamp Thing at LegoLand Florida/Cyprus Gardens? FF is a larger layout by the same company, so I'm curious if it is a rough and head-banging as FS.

Freedom Flyer is lap bar only and super smooth.

Agreed. The seats were comfy and no head banging like at Cypress Gardens. Still came off a bit dizzy.

I really like this park a lot! It's great to just pop in for a few laps on a GREAT little wooden coaster and know that

1) Parking will take 2 seconds

2) There will most likely be no wait to get on the coasters

3) The employees seem genuinely glad that you spend time there.

And I am really glad I bought my season pass back in November for 1/2 price! It has paid for itself many times over already!

For my GCI rankings:

Thunderhead

American Thunder (Evel Knievel)

Prowler

Lightning Racer

Kentucky Rumbler

White Lightning

Apocalypse (Terminator)

Wildcat

Roar

Gwazi

While it looks like White Lightning is low on my list, I have it at #16 on my overall woodie list (which includes over 70). Definitely a great ride.