TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

A couple of things about the trains which are unique to White Lightning. If you notice in the front view photo of the blue trains, the left armrest area is different from the right. We collaborated with GCI to make this design change. The corner of the armrest on the left is cut off at a 45* angle and an additional pad is under a redesigned bar. We think this gives a little more elbow room and is more comfortable. We also used molded foam seats instead of upholstery. If you notice when you ride, the Fun Spot America logo is embossed in the backrest and the White Lightning logo is embossed in the little elbow side pad. Jeff also incorporated a lightning bolt into the side bar bracket flange. We're still working on the themed fronts and graphics for the trains. So, all in all, a number of unique new design aspects to the GCI trains on the White Lightning.

1241262034_2013-05-1918_57.03-5.thumb.jpg.1163b790e8380dc891f6e2b63b95f6b6.jpg

Had a great time participating in these past two shoots, really a great time! White Lightning really hauls and is definitely a gem. Anyone notice that the lightning bolt on the side is actually black? Can't wait to see how the themed fronts and graphics look! IT'S HUGE!

Had a BLAST this morning riding White Lightning! Ended up with 18 rides, and I couldn't be happier to have this ride 10 minutes from our house. Congrats to GCI and Fun Spot for a great addition, and props to Robb, Elissa, Jake and Jack for great and professional coverage. Awesome day!

A couple of things about the trains which are unique to White Lightning. If you notice in the front view photo of the blue trains, the left armrest area is different from the right. We collaborated with GCI to make this design change. The corner of the armrest on the left is cut off at a 45* angle and an additional pad is under a redesigned bar. We think this gives a little more elbow room and is more comfortable. We also used molded foam seats instead of upholstery. If you notice when you ride, the Fun Spot America logo is embossed in the backrest and the White Lightning logo is embossed in the little elbow side pad. Jeff also incorporated a lightning bolt into the side bar bracket flange.

I was wondering about that new design on the side of the seats. Interesting; nice to have the inside story! Why the foam padding over upholstery?

We're still working on the themed fronts and graphics for the trains. So, all in all, a number of unique new design aspects to the GCI trains on the White Lightning.

Look forward to seeing that!

I was wondering about that new design on the side of the seats. Interesting; nice to have the inside story! Why the foam padding over upholstery?

Not to speak for the park or anything, but I think it's because they were worried the regular upholstery used on Millennium Flyers could possibly wear out much more quickly than other parks because it's open year round in Florida humidity. To that note, I have no idea how well the upholstery held up on Gwazi's new trains, but I think they also have a semi-indoor transfer area, whereas Fun Spot doesn't.

I am sure there is an unlimited ride all day band for the rides there. Any know how much it costs?

Wristbands are $39.95 for the day, but they have deals all the time apparently. I do know that on their big "opening day" event on June 8, wristbands will be $10 if you purchase one between 10-12 a.m. I just went ahead and bought a season pass, figured I would be visiting enough in the next year to get my money's worth.

The price on June 8th is $15 if you purchase from 8:30am - Noon. You can purchase up to 6 vouchers for future use. Doors open at 8:30am. Ceremony begins at 9:30am and rides open at 10:00am.

Thanks for being an annual pass holder! Don't forget we have an annual pass party on June 6th from 4 - 8pm.

Awesome and incredible fun with everyone on Lightning! Definitely looking forward to riding it again and again. Also got some laughs out of our little TPR takeovers of Flyer, carousel (its a bright big beautiful tomorrow), and Rip Curl the stationary version. Bench the Ride!!!

-Greg

White Lightning has passed inspection and will open at 5pm tonight

Do you know if they'll be keeping it open, or if it will just be a soft opening? If it stays open I hope to make it over to Orlando on Friday.

As a side note, on Fun Spot's new site, what does the second promotion do? It's not quite clear.

http://www.funspotattractions.com/pricing/online-coupons/

White Lightning has passed inspection and will open at 5pm tonight

Do you know if they'll be keeping it open, or if it will just be a soft opening? If it stays open I hope to make it over to Orlando on Friday.

As a side note, on Fun Spot's new site, what does the second promotion do? It's not quite clear.

http://www.funspotattractions.com/pricing/online-coupons/

I'm pretty sure it's going to stay open.