TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Looks like that little coaster is going to be able to compete with rides twice its size! It's awesome to what Fun Spot's turning into; I really can not wait to get back there now.

Had a lot of fun hanging out at the park for a couple of hours last night. Each time we go, I am more and more impressed with how nice the expansion is and how quickly everything is coming along.

While many enthusiasts have been riding Iron Rattler, GateKeeper and Outlaw Run these last few weeks, nothing can compare to the soft-opening of a Junior Vekoma!

FS2.jpg.c29b18975bc7d342a237d84a1264642f.jpg

Seriously it was a really fun little ride with an interesting layout and some surprising moments. The pricetag for one lap is pretty steep at $9 a pop.

What else is there to do while standing around waiting for WL to test than to beg the GCI guys to let you climb in their box?

FS4.jpg.b7ed017340a7ee1b67b67835f36a91dc.jpg

Robb was able to mount his cameras on multiple parts of the train.

FS1.jpg.2114c4e463f548ca806428099e0eaf08.jpg

Lucky riders!

FS3.jpg.baa6552222e7dce1b70a8d707156c6d2.jpg

Had so much fun last Monday with everyone! Got a lot of laps in on Flyer, Rip Tide, and even the GoKarts. Had to leave an hour early sadly but looking forward to more in a couple days. Just a question Robb, as long as we were there for pretty much all the filming on the first one, we are still good for this coming Monday, right? Same times? I hated having to leave for work at 4:20 and miss out on the group shot on top of the Skycoaster building.

-Greg

Just checked out the POV video and that train really seems to haul through the course. I really like the little twisty section on the return trip right before the train turns right and towards the brake run.

That's supposed to be a ninety dregree bank on the turnaround? It didn't look like it but neither does the ones on Gravity Group's coasters when you ride them.

I think I qualify for the first to be addicted to the White Lightning. Yesterday evening GCI wanted to log some laps on the trains, so I went along for the ride. I now have 35 runs, 25 of them in a row. The more I rode, the more I liked it. You literally float through the right bank at the bottom of the drop. What a great ride!

Inspection today!

I think I qualify for the first to be addicted to the White Lightning. Yesterday evening GCI wanted to log some laps on the trains, so I went along for the ride. I now have 35 runs, 25 of them in a row. The more I rode, the more I liked it. You literally float through the right bank at the bottom of the drop. What a great ride!

Inspection today!

Great to hear! (I agree wholeheartedly!)

Inspection today!

Sounds great!

Why is Florida so faaaaaar?

I am sure there is an unlimited ride all day band for the rides there. Any know how much it costs?

Wristbands are $39.95 for the day, but they have deals all the time apparently. I do know that on their big "opening day" event on June 8, wristbands will be $10 if you purchase one between 10-12 a.m. I just went ahead and bought a season pass, figured I would be visiting enough in the next year to get my money's worth.

First, congratulations to Fun Spot and GCI on a fabulous new coaster! This thing has something for everyone to love and will surely attract families, teens, spring breakers and of, course, enthusiasts. I feel lucky to live nearby.

HUGE kudos to Robb, Elissa, Jake and Jack for their professional and in-depth coverage at today's shoot. The TPR Crew is the most knowledgeable, efficient, thorough and personable group I've come across in my professional life in the industry and personal experience as an "extra" on past shoots. These guys worked really, really hard all day long and should be proud of the time and effort they put into capturing still and b-roll shots.

One last shout-out to all my fellow riders today...everyone was in good spirits so early in the morning and was really understanding about switching seats and the small amount of downtime we experienced. Way to represent!

All in all a really great day for the park, GCI, TPR and, well, me . Now, for a nap.