TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Fun Spot dropped their first train on Freedom Flyer today and it was great to be invited down to get video footage to share with all of you!

Please keep in mind this is the first time the wheels have ever hit the tracks, so the ride will run slower than when it opens to the public. Also take note that this run is to test the functionality of the ride, so many of the rides systems aren't quite in place. That's why they are pushing the train out of the station!

It's always cool to be around to see this kind of thing happen because most of the time there aren't cameras to capture initial test runs! Enjoy!

I guess it's simply standard Vekoma construct, but I'm glad to see it up and running already.

It's pretty neat how they got a camera to capture the very first test run; I know not very many parks do that.

It's actually not a standard Vekoma. The only other park in the world that has this layout is Grona Lund.

And yeah, it was pretty neat how they let me put a camera on to capture the first test run!

Not only do I love the look of this massive addition to this park, but I think the way they are interacting with TPR and the community is amazing! Constant updates that wouldn't be possible without the work of TPR and the park in collaboration to keep us all informed help build the hype. I think it's only going to help the park be successful with this expansion and all future expansions. Keep it up

I think it's way cool that you have such an awesome relationship with the Fun Spot that they ask you to come down and do these documenting shots with them. It takes a long time to cultivate that kind of friendship. Kudos on the awesome footage, but more importantly, kudos on your well deserved and well earned opportunities. Fun Spot is in great hands.

Does Kvasten have such a sudden stop going into the brake run?

I love the foot choppers the supports provide on the little figure eight, not to mention LAP BARS!

I'm going to assume it is that way because they have yet to be adjusted.

Does Kvasten have such a sudden stop going into the brake run?

I love the foot choppers the supports provide on the little figure eight, not to mention LAP BARS!

I'm going to assume it is that way because they have yet to be adjusted.

Yes, Kvasten have the same sudden stop

Its a nice ride ( but short) and the hills along with lap bars is great.

It's funny, you say it'll run faster to shut up the complainers who don't understand first-test videos - but the whole time I was watching, all I was thinking was that it already looks perfect!

I was just thinking that, it already looks to be decently fast, so if this is just going to go faster. I am so here for it. It looks like a perfect family coaster.

Really looking forward to riding these new additions to Orlando soon! So great that we will have a sweet little woodie now.

Hope I get an email to do at least one of the filmings, unless the selections have already been sent. Robb, any info there?

-Shady

Just FYI, the soft opening phase of the park began last night. The expansion area is open to the public. The relocated and new flat rides are running, although the coasters are not open yet. The Freedom Flyer could possibly be running next weekend. Lots of work still to be done before the official Grand Opening on June 8th, permanent fencing, signage, theming, etc.