TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

More Freedom Flyer is up today. The structure was built by Chance Rides in Wichita, Kansas. Trains are from Vekoma.

But the ride design is that of a Vekoma Junior Suspended, right?

I'm pretty sure that Chance handles the manufacturing (not the design) of Vekoma rides for the United States.

It's definitely a clone of Kvasten.

Edited by A.J.

This whole project really looks great, I can't wait to check it out when it opens.

This may be a dumb questions, but is the Waterpark schedule to open at the beginning of June with the rides section, or that a separate phase of the project for the future?

The one with the water park is an old image. This one is more accurate as to what will open in June, except the Yo-Yo is out and the Paratrooper will probably move to that spot. The Screaming Swing is on hold. The Enterprise is going to be installed, but its exact date of completion is not known (maybe by the grand re-opening). It requires a substantial pit with engineered footers. The water park is a possible use of some of the undeveloped land, but the purchase of a second 10 acres has influenced our future plans.

1621193155_plot46NElogosm.thumb.jpg.edd99a1a149be62ea8c5e730f83ee06a.jpg

Fun Spot America render

The one with the water park is an old image. This one is more accurate as to what will open in June, except the Yo-Yo is out and the Paratrooper will probably move to that spot. The Screaming Swing is on hold. The Enterprise is going to be installed, but its exact date of completion is not known (maybe by the grand re-opening). It requires a substantial pit with engineered footers. The water park is a possible use of some of the undeveloped land, but the purchase of a second 10 acres has influenced our future plans.

Got to think a spinning coaster for the second phase would be sweet.

Edited by Chittlins

^ They already have a spinning coaster at their other park in Kissimmee. Would like to see them get this phase done, have it be really successful for them, and THEN start working on their next phase!

They have a sky coaster too. I'm thinking more like Undertow spinner not wild mouse. It was just a thought.

I'm glad this phase will be done when we hit FLA next Feb.

We finished installing the SkyCoaster Sunday and we were very fortunate that it never rained, everything went smoothly. The SkyCoaster is up and the safety lights are on. There is some painting left to do, but not that much. The lighting is also installed, it will have a very intense green glow at night when those are connected. I've included a few shots from areas that the public can't access. We think this really changes the landscape of north I-Drive.

In about a week, the GCI coaster will begin a rapid installation process. Many completed bents are on the ground waiting to go up.

The last two main supports for the figure 8 of the Freedom Flyer will also be installed soon.

Soon the groundwork will be completed and the pavers will begin to be installed.

Things are moving fast.

IMAG0038.thumb.jpg.f50f1e92333fc7365d068c0a64f78b33.jpg

Sunday morning

IMAG0048.thumb.jpg.ef859983d688fd6a1a3cbed6a2538ffe.jpg

Final section

IMAG0059.thumb.jpg.27a62d0655ef88db9a3d8a338e18039a.jpg

Lining it up

1413267191_Almostthere.thumb.jpg.221f680cb2945416dd0586a0639d7571.jpg

Almost there

IMAG0064.thumb.jpg.7c8217831285662a6848e8efa571a99d.jpg

Got it

IMAG0073.thumb.jpg.6e809502323e86f21893c855a1233a6e.jpg

Arch is up

IMAG0080.thumb.jpg.c50752b8b90b973a198f293b283bb585.jpg

Raising the back pole

IMAG0089.thumb.jpg.a153d55f4d9a513271fa1082146dbb35.jpg

Back pole in place

IMAG0090.thumb.jpg.dbaf4bfe52ae630e0c34bd24dfe5c0b0.jpg

View from the parking lot

1762332760_Quadview.thumb.jpg.5bbea2b5fbc4393215a238a06a20b95f.jpg

View from atop the Quad Helix track

741680829_Flightdeck.thumb.jpg.b30dcf9b51b5132d43e5a4d3de7c79d3.jpg

The Flight Deck of the SkyCoaster

2076879901_Flightdeckview.thumb.jpg.f204485ba0d83f6b6e1409748cf7672e.jpg

View from the Flight Deck Observation platform

Awesome. That thing is a beast. It's always weird to see a lattice Skycoaster painted. I think SFMM is the only other one that is painted, but I personally think they look better painted rather than bare steel. Are you guys only having one flight line or two? All the artwork I've seen shows one launch tower but I've never seen a single on a Lattice, and it also looks like there are 2 flight brackets.

The arch structure is capable of handling two flight lines, but we are only going to utilize one. One reason is to save space for the new go kart track, it will pass right over where the other back tower would have been. We would have also had to build another launch extension atop the restaurant building. The rooftop configuration allows maximum usage of space in that area. Also, our experience in Kissimmee tells us that a SkyCoaster of this height doesn't necessarily have enough demand to warrant 2 lines. While quite a few people fly in a year, the wait times are not that long even on busy nights. Plus, we think it is more of a unique event with only one flight at a time.

The arch structure is capable of handling two flight lines, but we are only going to utilize one. One reason is to save space for the new go kart track, it will pass right over where the other back tower would have been. We would have also had to build another launch extension atop the restaurant building. The rooftop configuration allows maximum usage of space in that area. Also, our experience in Kissimmee tells us that a SkyCoaster of this height doesn't necessarily have enough demand to warrant 2 lines. While quite a few people fly in a year, the wait times are not that long even on busy nights. Plus, we think it is more of a unique event with only one flight at a time.

Totally makes sense. Having worked on a Dual A-Frame for many years, we rarely used both flight lines and when we did it was only for a short period of time to take care of a sudden rush. I agree that one flight line makes it look a little more special than 2 going all the time. Can't wait to make it out to Florida and see all of your improvements!