TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

"Oh Boy, let the construction begin . . .

I think there are a bunch of people that are altering their vacation plans so they can visit Fun Stop Action Park, so I'm sure this park doesn't want to disappoint them all, don't we?

With so much to build, Mewonders which attraction are they going to put up first. Then Methinks the answer wouldn't matter anyway, just as long everything is up and running by the time we get there next season.

By the way, if Fun Spot Action Park decides to use my slogan, then I want a cut!

WHITE LIGHTING - CAN YOU SURVIVE ITS STRIKE?

"Is 'Mewonders' even a word? If it is, then Mewonders when you'll be coming back to bed?"

^ Special promotion: Lightning does strike twice, double rides on White Lightning!!

I should add that in a conversation I had with an employee I heard the Skycoaster would be made to look like the St louis Arch, I guess they plan to add a skin of some kind. As far as what will open first, that would be the double decker carousel, it's already open. As far as the major attactions I would bet the big go cart track will be open slightly before the coaster. They were going to start construction on that already but have decided to do it after summer. That alien fun house has been sitting there for a while. There is also a Statue of Liberty on top of the sign that I dont remember being there before. The Screamin Swing will be pretty cool, between it, WL, and the paratrooper one could have a lovely little time.

I would love to find out if Splashtacular is still involved in the waterpark. The slides they were planning at first were world class looking but the most recent waterpark render looks like something from a hotel. I know they have gotten the ok from the city which leads me to believe they are causing the delays themselves by re-thinking the project.

I haven't been to Orlando for 3 years now. But it's looking interesting to see how much of it is becoming a kind of huge theme park. I was wondering, how much does it cost to go into the park at the moment?

The park has 2 options. $34.95 armband to play all day for anyone 52" or taller or you can pay per ride. $3 per ride, $6 for the Flat Thrasher Track or $9 for the multilevel go karts.

To clear up a lot of speculation of Fun Spot's expansion plans.

The SkyCoaster is an arch style that was delivered 2 weeks ago from Las Vegas. All the rain from Debby delayed us a bit in our preparation to have the SkyCoaster painted. Once it has been painted it will be set up.

White Lightning is already in the process of being built at GCI. John Jr and his son TJ were there a few weeks ago to check on the progress. There is a lot that has to be pre-built before you will see lumber going up.

The water park will not be completed until phase 2 of the expansion. It is still very much a part of the overall growth of Fun Spot, but not an immediate addition.

The wind seeker is on hold as of now. It has not been scrapped completely, but will not be an addition in phase 1.

The parks name will officially change from Fun Spot Action Park to Fun Spot America in early 2013.

Fun Spot received a 20 million dollar loan from the bank on Friday to fund the expansion.

The goal is for either a February or March 2013 opening of the new expanded property. There has not been a lot of progress on the land its self, but there has been a ton of behind the scenes preparation and you will see it begin to come together very quickly once the busy summer season has ended.

Judy Davis

Fun Spot

Marketing Administrator

^Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I should add that in a conversation I had with an employee I heard the Skycoaster would be made to look like the St louis Arch, I guess they plan to add a skin of some kind.

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Skycoaster, Inc. would allow a skin to be added around the structure. They're VERY particular about what gets attached to their rides. However, that doesn't mean that there won't be one, I just think it would be a surprise if they allowed it to happen. From what the marketing lady said above, it sounds like it'll just be painted.

^^ Thank you Judy, stop by anytime. I know the folks around here are excited about the growth of your park. The staff out there seems excited too. I am still curious if it will be Splashtacular or someone else. Please please add a Kangaroo flat ride Those things are way too fun to be so rare.

^ I think you're right about that, it does make sense that the structure itself would have to be visible. As far as WIndseeker goes, I would like to see them wait until they can get the Star Flyer down the road for cheap, that thing is always empty at MM and it would be a cool fit for FSA.

Edited by dragonskeep

I don't know for sure, but I don't think Skycoaster, Inc. would allow a skin to be added around the structure. They're VERY particular about what gets attached to their rides. However, that doesn't mean that there won't be one, I just think it would be a surprise if they allowed it to happen. From what the marketing lady said above, it sounds like it'll just be painted.

I wonder if they would allow Fun Spot to kind of encapsulate the structure with a fabric of some sort? You would think that wouldn't comprise the integrity of the design very much, but could look very nice if done properly.

It would make it more difficult to inspect the ride structure. With the america themeing it would be a cool centerpiece though. This is probably one of those things that seems like a good idea when you're sitting around a table and dreaming. On that note this must be a freakin blast for the owners.

Costruction will be in full swing by the time our lovely fall weather comes in. I need to find a good picnic spot. Hey Fun Spot people, you can ding my Fun Card for 3 bucks (same as a Paratrooper ride) for a nice view of White lightning construction and a place to lay down a blanket.

Costruction will be in full swing by the time our lovely fall weather comes in. I need to find a good picnic spot. Hey Fun Spot people, you can ding my Fun Card for 3 bucks (same as a Paratrooper ride) for a nice view of White lightning construction and a place to lay down a blanket.

As always there is no charge to just watch the FUN!!

Pretty much what Steve said about Skycoaster. Plus, the point of the lattice structure is to allow wind to flow through the structure and in Florida, I would imagine that is what they want.

Pretty much what Steve said about Skycoaster. Plus, the point of the lattice structure is to allow wind to flow through the structure and in Florida, I would imagine that is what they want.

And that's probably why it won't be allowed...didn't Rockit originally have problems with its lift hill banner coming loose because of wind?

Edited by SoCalCoasters

• 2 weeks later...

I was by the park and didn't see much going on, they were slammed though. Behind the counter are a couple posters I had not noticed. They show the themes of both coasters, White Lightning is a train theme with a train station and blue and yellow retro looking trains, Rocket Man is the invert and is a space aged theme. There has been no progress in the lot other than cutting the grass.

I won 3800 coupons at Dave and Busters, that's a freakin ton and my best ever. A coin avalanche was the reason for the windfall. I am saving on my card for the mother of all redemtion center purchases. WIld tangent there, sorry.

^^^^Hmmmmm...

I love the layout and all, but the program looks familiar. The "shimmer" in the lift hill chain every few seconds, the snapshot of the train at the very end, something tells me that they got their hands on NL2 early. We all know that they used NL for other coasters, like the one for Knight Valley.

^^^^Hmmmmm...

I love the layout and all, but the program looks familiar. The "shimmer" in the lift hill chain every few seconds, the snapshot of the train at the very end, something tells me that they got their hands on NL2 early. We all know that they used NL for other coasters, like the one for Knight Valley.

I have a feeling you may be right.

That must be the no limits pro version.

No, that's definitely not normal NL Pro. If anything, it's the pro version of NL2. The overall quality of it is stunning. It makes me excited for NL2 as well as this coaster!