TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Okay, okay, I finally get it. This smiley's means that I'm "Laughing My @$$ Off"!

I'm sorry that I don't speak acronyms!

I just simply saw this smiley just rolling around like it was being blown away, so I just thought that smiley meant that I've been blown away. Now that I've found out that it means something else, I'll have to choose a different smiley to indicate how I feel about WHITE LIGHTING. So I'll use this -

Now I would like to declare this matter close and just talk about Fun Spot Action Park and all its goodies that it'll be adding on to its expansion.

Happy now? Then please come to bed."

• 2 weeks later...

^ That layout is different but they just seem to be moving the pads for the flats around some. I don't remember seeing the list of actual rides before so that's new too. The Paratrooper still looks to be the best flat they will have, not that great of a line-up but it will still be fun. The project has taken quite a few twists and turns along the way, especially with the waterpark. Looks like the Splashtacular deal has hit a bump of some kind. My thought is they propbably changed the scope of the waterpark part of the expansion and placed the extra funds into the coaster.

I was out there yesterday and the double decker carousel is installed, they also have the Skycoaster pieces out in the field. The SKycoaster looks used, is there one that has been sold? No news on the coaster other than to say ground breaking should be soon. The go cart track will be demolished soon as well making way for one big track that can have 42 carts on at once. The also removed the small carousel in kid spot and are taking it to the other park.

^I drove by yesterday, as well, wondered what the giant, latticed metal pieces were laying in the field. I was expecting an A-frame Skycoaster, not an old lattice arch one. Hell, I didn't even think they made lattice arch Skycoasters anymore, the A-frame ones just take up so much less space. I'm guessing this might be a one-sided Skycoaster, as opposed to the typical two-sided ones.

^I drove by yesterday, as well, wondered what the giant, latticed metal pieces were laying in the field. I was expecting an A-frame Skycoaster, not an old lattice arch one. Hell, I didn't even think they made lattice arch Skycoasters anymore, the A-frame ones just take up so much less space. I'm guessing this might be a one-sided Skycoaster, as opposed to the typical two-sided ones.

ITAL has one listed for sale that is being stored in TN...I'm guessing that might be the one they purchased.

^ I'm surprised though since there is such a similar ride at Magical Midway less than 2 miles away! Fun Spot seems to have their act together much more than Magical Midway though so hopefully that won't be an issue!

Didn't they announce somewhere that it will be a mini Windseeker? I thought I saw that somewhere...

ITAL has one listed for sale that is being stored in TN...I'm guessing that might be the one they purchased.

It's from Las Vegas according to the Fun Spot website, i presume that it means that it is the old one from MGM Grand Adventures.

Source

^I actually had that thought last night, just never made it over here to post it. If it's going to be a ~250 foot Skycoaster, and it's a lattice arch, the only place it could have come from was Las Vegas. The pieces that are in the field are HUGE, so it's going to be a massive Skycoaster. I may run over there to take a few pics later.

This picture that I had seen a few months ago looks like the lattice arch version that's been mentioned. Pretty cool how it's right smack in the middle of the park, probably will be some cool head (face) choppers on that thing.

I'm really excited about this park by the way.

This place is looking like what Boomers could have been with the right business plan and management.

Yeah I agree, but I still don't know if it would have made it in that location. I've never lived in South Florida like you have but the I-Drive section of Orlando will likely see a LOT more tourists and is overall much nicer than the Boomers site ever would have. Your opinion is more qualified than mine but I don't know if the locals in that neighborhood and that region could have kept the place alive or not.

^ Yep, it is. Heck, people have been teased, and are slightly pissed about the Schlitterbahn Fort Lauderdale project being held up by mostly government BS and red tape for the last two years. That region would easily support a water park. There's no reason it should've been dry since Six Flags Atlantis left.

All it would've taken was good management and planning by Boomers.....oh, and we'd still have a top 25 woodie as well. Morons.

Ok, just drove by there a little bit ago and took some pictures. They've got a long, long way to go to get this whole section of the park built. Really makes you wonder when they're going to start and when they plan on it opening.

DSCN6105.jpg.0b0b424948c909403b693e776a7b827b.jpg

The first pieces of the Skycoaster have arrived from Vegas!

DSCN6106.jpg.251780f129c61abffde0e785937b059e.jpg

As long as this thing has been torn down, I'm surprised it still exists and hadn't been scrapped yet.

DSCN6107.jpg.e51cb61fd754707caabc51a9bc7b8742.jpg

A look at the dirt field that will be the middle of the new section of the park.

DSCN6108.jpg.c5ad4fa8b4a3d59702b5a810a9f70356.jpg

And a look over at where the Vekoma junior hang and bang will be.

DSCN6109.jpg.75c47e245c9aec5c0356ef26c2a5b4c4.jpg

I'm pretty much sitting on where the turn around will be for the GCI, 90 degrees!

DSCN6110.jpg.24f677463e15626105889e8a57c32628.jpg

A random flag.

DSCN6111.jpg.f4c12a893db661d4447287a2fa8e5b0a.jpg

Another look down the property line along the street. This is where a majority of the GCI will sit!

DSCN6112.jpg.744e5c29b3fef10decff1403779a7c9a.jpg

You can kinda see how deep the truck tracks are because of all the rain we've had lately.

DSCN6113.jpg.1b2f06299e942f470b42d2094517ac6e.jpg

I imagine this parking lot won't be here much longer.

DSCN6114.jpg.70c537e3dab2aabdc6b9495bc9ecc1c5.jpg

Over in front of where the new parking lot and entrance will be with the Ferris wheel on the building.

DSCN6115.jpg.7499f555be098b103c9c1a9d478ef521.jpg

Another look at the Skycoaster pieces.

DSCN6116.jpg.41f185e14b695021d44162d6cb2fc444.jpg

I wonder how many trees will be saved, if any?

Either way, can't wait to see this addition take shape over the next several months!