TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Is it possible that Florida is finally getting a decent wooden coaster? (not to say that Gwazi isn't it is just too rough, and DBH is SBNO if I remember correctly.)

No, you are correct. It is certainly safe to assume that this will be Florida's only decent wooden coaster.

^So the Windseeker will be 220 vs the 301 at the CF parks?
Does the fact we have hurricanes and high winds here at times have any appeal to having a super high attraction? The park and manufacture may have felt safer due to climate, to go smaller for safety reasons.

Or another 80ft. of steel costs more, and is not necessary? Or perhaps FAA height restrictions? Or they just wanted a 220ft. one instead?

In a hurricane zone, what difference does another 80ft. make? I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that wasn't a factor.

Hurricanes hardly ever hit Florida but it sure does come up a lot. The scale of the WIndseeker is good for their park and it's a very big capacity ride for a park that size. Oddly, on a busy day the Splash Rally could have the highest capacity. On that note, the waterpark rides look like a very good time, check em out if you haven't.

^Perhaps. The Star Flyer is cool but the Slingshot is nothing compared to a Skycoaster, and a 260 footer is pretty good sized. Fun Spot will be the bigger draw for sure. The SF and SS are independent of Magical Midway so it will be interesting to see how they do. I would much rather see the Star Flyer next to that pretty little coaster at FS. WIndseeker looks a bit corporate if that makes sense.

I saw another 360 Rush was being built, where is mine, start digging! Please.

Seems that the actual plans for this site are more ambitious than I initially anticipated!

^Yeah, it's very much a Vekoma family suspended.

Hopefully the new additions can help to get this park up to speed with the Fun Spot over on I-Drive (at least, I assume that one is much more crowded than this one).

This one already has the added benefit of not being next door to Old Town.

That's their sister park, Fun Spot, USA, which has Power Trip spinning coaster, which used to be at Legoland when it was Cypress Gardens. The expansion is for Fun Spot Action Park near Universal.

Is it possible that Florida is finally getting a decent wooden coaster? (not to say that Gwazi isn't it is just too rough, and DBH is SBNO if I remember correctly.)

Don't even get me started on Starliner!

I am going to stick by gravity group. It looks like a more airtime filled Wooden Warrior, with steel supports. I could also be S and S, but I really don't think it is GCI.

So even though the Marketing department announced in December that the wooden coaster would be from GCI, you still think it could be from Gravity Group or S&S. http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1120437#p1120437

Very interesting way of thinking you have there.

That's their sister park, Fun Spot, USA, which has Power Trip spinning coaster, which used to be at Legoland when it was Cypress Gardens. The expansion is for Fun Spot Action Park near Universal.

I don't think you understood my post at all. Read it again. I know that.

I don't think you understood my post at all. Read it again. I know that.

Stand corrected!

^ They got a kiddie coaster and lost one - it wasn't there last week! I was there tonight getting my weekly go-kart fix (nothing beats 50 dollar annual passes!) and not only was the ride fully construction (ok so the station was still plywood but still..) but also operating. And yes, I did snag the credit.

funspotnew.jpg.d4d7038706f8795d6ce582868d3d1cd9.jpg

In with the new...

1.JPG.a2689a12b7e63906122e8edd938fd825.JPG

... Out with the old. I'm no expert but I would've thought you would remove the train first?