TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Fun Spot America Discussion Thread

Going back and reading the first post of this thread (the original news from early this year) it says the Kissimmee park is getting a "Soaring Eagle" attraction. Now with what we seen at IAAPA that makes much more sense.

It is just concept art but the wooden coaster in the video looks much larger than what I would have expected. Should be interesting.

Could Florida actually become home to a decent wooden coaster again? We don't have one operating ever since DBH closed... I feel so bad for the Central Florida population, they think that all wooden coasters feel like Gwazi!

Have you been on Gwazi with the Millennium Flyers? I rode it this past week and thought it was awesome. I didn't find it to be rough in the least for a woodie.

Either way, very excited about this news!

^Riding Gwazi at Busch Gardens Bash last month left me with one of the worst roller coaster rides I've ever had. (And you guys all know, I've had a lot!)

Lion side, back seat, and I have other people that were on the train with me to vouch for my report.

MF's didn't help Gwazi IMO, I hate it. I wish they would burn it to the ground. We have this POS and Jersey has El toro, booooooo. DBH proved that you can have good wooden rides in Florida. The Hurricane would be considered a very good coaster if it was in Orlando.

Cool news about Fun Spot adding a couple coasters, Big fun coming to Orlando sounds about right. Probably a perfect idea for them. The steel coaster will be interesting.

^Riding Gwazi at Busch Gardens Bash last month left me with one of the worst roller coaster rides I've ever had. (And you guys all know, I've had a lot!)

Lion side, back seat, and I have other people that were on the train with me to vouch for my report.

I can vouch that I also had a crappy ride that day. I was pretty surprised because it was running ok when they just put in the new trains. But again, we are still talking about Gwazi.

Even with the new trains I wouldn't put Gwazi in the "good" woodie category, but it's a little better. It's by far my least favorite of any of the GCIs and that includes the Roar coasters on each coast.

With that said, I'm all for a GCI Big Fun being built in the area. I absolutely loved the video from the IAAPA updates.

...I'm sensing another central Florida season pass purchase in my future.

Worse then Anaconda at Walygator Parc? Where everyone on the TPRtrip ran off a ERT session? haha

Gwazi has been hit or miss with the new trains for me but I can't help but wonder if the fact that the ride was retracked and then still ran PTCs for a year prior to the new trains have any effect. We've heard the stories about the Voyage's track being all out of whack for the Timberliners because of the PTCs - could that year gap between retracking/new trains have bowed out the track that causes the MFs to shuffle?

Sorry to get off topic there just thinking out loud.

Yea, we can talk about Gwazi in the BG thread.

Anyway, about 5 years ago, my dad, sister, brother, and I did a walking only on International Drive to a couple of go kart places. If I remember correctly, we were right across the street from the volcano slingshot ride in the middle of I Drive, but we did go to this Fun Spot. I remember it being really fun, and though I loved these go karts, I preferred the Fun Spot that had the bigger rides, mainly because of that slingshot. I really did enjoy my time at the parks, and I have wanted to go back. They are great fun and are much cheaper than going to the Big 3. Also, I really hope that this is where the GCI Big Fun is going. That animation looked too good to be true. Fingers crossed!

Hmm, I guess people have had some rough rides on Gwazi then, huh. Perhaps it was that cocktail I had before riding...I don't know. I am usually pretty intolerant of a rough woodie. Maybe it is hit or miss? Affected by humidity? I remember I rode the Voyage three times one day, and the first two were smooth and wonderful. Then the third time I have no idea what happened, but it was as violent a woodie as I have ever ridden. I walked off with my head hurting from the vibration. I think overall the layout of Gwazi is as good as Roar, so I hope they can get it all sorted out one day.

Back on topic, I would love to see a Big Fun in Orlando. It would be really unique to the area. I wonder what the steel coaster might be?

If we're getting a "Big Fun" coaster, that'd be excellent! The video from IAAPA looked awesome and thought to myself "Man, any park would benefit from a ride like this, not too extreme, but not too gentle." I'm hoping it's going to be like Kentucky Rumbler, an awesome coaster at a small park.

As for the steel coaster... I've read (and we all know how trustworthy the internet is) that it's going to be a Vekoma boomerang with the new restraints. We'll see how that goes.

This... may amaze people but, I have never been on a boomerang coaster before so, the idea of one possibly is quite interesting... bad I know.

I think it would fit pretty well for the park, I hope the new additions are good for the park, I think Old Town and Fun Spots new investments are great for the City, something different than the big 3 companies so, good on them.

This... may amaze people but, I have never been on a boomerang coaster before so, the idea of one possibly is quite interesting... bad I know.

I think it would fit pretty well for the park, I hope the new additions are good for the park, I think Old Town and Fun Spots new investments are great for the City, something different than the big 3 companies so, good on them.

The only Boomerang that I've ridden was Carolina Cobra at Carowinds. It was actually a very fun ride, and I also wouldn't mind one coming to Fun Spot.

Never been to this park, but I hope to soon, especially with this expansion. Love me a GCI Big Fun!

At least a Boomerang should make for good business for the park. People seem to like them fine, and I've noticed that going backwards seems to be a great novelty for kids.

I'm glad more comfortable restraints exist now, but they certainly didn't cause me to enjoy Sidewinder at Hersheypark.

I haven't either. I've never been on a single coaster with a backwards element. Oh wait, Expedition Everest...

But I really wanna try out the Boomerang, it looks like a lot of fun!