TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin 12-Inversion coaster

I like coasters with either airtime or inversions, not both in the same ride. However, I've found that my favorite looping rides only have two to five inversions, and six is about my limit for one ride. On the coasters I've been on with seven inversions, I often find myself a bit dizzy after the ride. That being said, if this ride ever appeared at a park near me I would probably ride it once just to see what it was like. I doubt it would be something I'd ride often, however, as I'd probably need a bit of a break afterward.

If this goes to a US park, I hope it goes somewhere that doesn't already have a sit-down looping coaster, as it would be too similar to an already existing ride otherwise. Since there are so few parks in the US that can afford an Intamin coaster that don't already have a sit-down looping coaster, I really think this will most likely appear in either Europe or Asia first unless it replaces an already existing ride.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this looks great! As for he people who say there is no airtime, well I see multiple airtime hills, a steep first drop, a nice low airhill before the cobra roll, and remembering Fahrenheits norweigian loop, there was airtime coming out of that that rivaled el toro, and each barrel roll has -1 Gs of hangtime. It looks great to me.

Definitely would be a hit in any park. I know that's only an illustration and can be custom designed but looks a little long to not have a MCBR. Theoretical capacity stated @ 1190 which isn't bad by any means.

Off topic:
Funny you should post that because I actually have the NL versions of both that (the lift hill version) and a launched version I downloaded a while back. I don't remember who made them or what site I got them from (probably either here or CS), but they are very well done.

Someone actually recreated these? That would be very interesting to have a look at.

They are currently on my computer at my apartment about 50 miles away, while I'm here at my parents' house for Christmas break. When I go back I'll be sure to upload them...unless someone else has them.

More form the Intamin site...

Check out Maverick...complete with the barrel roll! Can you find what else has been changed? Coughstengeldivescough

Stengel dive looks fine to me, I guess it doesn't bank as much, but the drop after the second launch looks weird. It drops first then turns.

Definitely would be a hit in any park. I know that's only an illustration and can be custom designed but looks a little long to not have a MCBR. Theoretical capacity stated @ 1190 which isn't bad by any means.

But it also says that it has 2 trains and that doesn't require a MCBR.

Edited by HappyEisentrout

Nowhere on their website does it say that is I305's new layout, It is just an alternative layout they created for their Giga coasters. Just because they share many elements doesn't mean anything. I don't mean to come off rude but this same discussion of this layout is going on in the KD thread.

The coaster does look epic. It should be built in the U.S. because some of these parks seriously need more record-breaking coasters. I agree that the corkscrews will be painful; maybe an extra loop, an extra barrel roll and a batwing or bowtie will help eliminate the intense corkscrews. Also, maybe more spread out, less compact; sure, it's fun with all the crossovers, but a longer, larger layout provides room for theming. Just my thoughts.

In order to have a ride with 12 inversions, it needs to be compact. and the corkscrews wont be painful. Look at Colossus at Thorpe or Fahrenheit - Hershey? They're all very smooth ! The Layout is genius

Maybe when Viper at SFMM life span is up they will replace it with this looks like it will be an epic ride. Like already stated China will most likely install this before a US park would.

Yes, probably in some kind of Happy Valley park Personally I hope one of the dutch parks'll buy it. Oh wait never mind.

Thank God for Goliath

In order to have a ride with 12 inversions, it needs to be compact. and the corkscrews wont be painful. Look at Colossus at Thorpe or Fahrenheit - Hershey? They're all very smooth ! The Layout is genius

When I rode Fahrenheit, it was anything but smooth (and really slow through many of the inversions) when I rode it in the back. One of the most boring coasters I have ever ridden.

^^Let's be a bit more controlled with the hyperbole. Saying that Farenheit is one of the most boring coasters you've ridden is a bit unfair. I'm pretty sure there are significantly more boring coasters you've been on at Hershey alone!

I'm not a giant Farenheit fan, but come on, it's not as boring as: Kiddie Coasters, Mice, Mine Trains, New B&Ms, most out and back woodies, etc.