TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Intamin 12-Inversion coaster

On Intamin's newly transformed website, I was looking through some of the pictures they have. I found this concept drawing of how a 12-Inversion coaster could be designed.

I really like the design. It is like a mix of a Mega-lite, Fahrenheit, and Colossus.

I thought this was interesting and worth sharing.

Intamin.jpg.bdb460875b77db3ffdf779d586d9d070.jpg

Awesome

Edited by ernierocker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Jerrykoala2112, I would love to see this design built in a smaller park. On a side note, when I attempted to go to Intamin's website, I got a temp site that is advertising Musical Carousels, Railroad Tycoon and Ice Skating Rinks. Found it extremely odd that Intamin would completely disable their site while revamping it.

Edited by tycoonrebel7188

It looks like a good design, and a lot better than their 8 and 10 inversion coasters. However, where those have an overuse of barrel rolls, this design seems to have an overuse of corkscrews. From a rider comfort point, corkscrews aren't the best element, and IMO, if a park was to go for the record, a 100% custom design would be the best choice. I know there are only so many different elements a coaster can have, but all the corkscrews seem repetitive just like the barrel rolls on the current designs. I'd still love to see this design get built though, it's just that I think it can be better. Although, considering how compact this ride is, it's great that Intamin went with a new design that didn't just mean adding two more barrel rolls as mentioned in other posts.

For my money, if this gets thrown into the Intamin production mix any time in the next few years, it's going to China. I would be thoroughly surprised if it didn't. That aside, I like the layout, but I imagine that the portion from after the loop to before the barrel rolls - the corkscrews - would be pretty uncomfortable and headbangy if it wasn't silky smooth. I do like the Mega-Lite-esque drop and turn and the first two inversions, though. Very different.

Funny you should post that because I actually have the NL versions of both that (the lift hill version) and a launched version I downloaded a while back. I don't remember who made them or what site I got them from (probably either here or CS), but they are very well done.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

I really like the look of this new 12-inversion concept in comparison to Intamin's 10-inversion coaster, but this looks like a much more elaborate ride to me, and I don't foresee it actually going into production any time soon, but like stated above if it does go into production, China is the place!

Am I the only one here who thinks, if it were built, this could be the best coaster in the world?

Constant changes in direction, quite a large variety of elements, and multiple bursts of airtime? Looks awesome, to me.

I like this layout better than the 10, it has a variety of inversions instead of half of them being heartline rolls.

I'm an inversion man, I love being upside down, (I almost convinced my Dad to buy me an inversion table just to hang upside down...) so this layout looks great!

It looks like a cool & well paced design to me.

One of the great things about Colossus at Thorpe Park is how it transitions from one element or inversion to the next.

I am sure a park somewhere in the world will get one of these, to take the "Coaster with the most inversions" crown.

Also the site is working fine under Firefox