TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Rides that NEED a makeover after the 2010 season

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Afterburn and Richochet at carowinds both need a paint job badly. Afterburn hasn't ever been repainted except for touch ups on a few spots. The rails are really rusty. I'd like to see hurler either get the Texas Giant Treatment or get some track work done by GCI because that ride is horrible! They only made the ride worse by adding trims on it because now you get a rough ride with no airtime,lol. So either It needs some work or it needs torn out completely. =\

And I'm sure a lot of other Dollywood fans would disagree with me, but I'd like to see Blazing Fury get a overhaul with some new effects and animatronics and stuff. It's just sooo outdated. I'm not sure if they still have the original effects gone from Mystery Mine, but if they don't, they should add them back. And, of course, Timber Tower needs to be gone,haha.

That is all.

I would like to see:

-Anaconda get repainted, and/or Rebel Yell get its original colors back.

On top of that I think I'm in the majority in saying that hurler needs a major reprofiling...as in get rid of the pre drop turn,drop & curve of death in favor of just a straight drop right off the chain.In looking at the layout from on board while going up the lift it looks like there's plenty of clearance on the other side to do it otherwise just tear the darn thing down.

Shockwave could use new paint & a new color scheme(2011 marks it's 25th anniversary at the park) & come to think of it triple spin could benefit from a nice red/white & blue paintjob instead of the bland brown & white that it has currently.

^I'd like to see Anaconda ripped out by the roots, melted down, and the resulting hot slag turned into nuts and bolts for a good ride.

But if not, then a little paint certainly wouldn't hurt.

Edited by cfc

Updated the first page with a summary of what all is in need of help. Kings Dominion seems to be the current front runner, maybe after they get I305 sorted they will focus on some re-do's. I can't agree more with CFC on Rebel Yell, bring it back to it's hayday, it's a great racer and would like to see it around for many years to come.

Georgia Cyclone - love that ride but damn, it hurts now.

Quoted for truth. I'd say that both of SFOG's woodies need to be re-tracked, or at the very least parts of them. I will say, though, that GASM needs more of a makeover than Cyclone. The last time I rode it WILL be my last until I hear news about new track. Good Lord, I hadn't felt that much pain on a roller coaster since my last ride on Hurricane Cat. 5 before it closed. Don't get me wrong; Cyclone is pretty bad, and could use some work, but I'd say it takes shotgun to GASM. Unfortunately, since SFOG is putting Dare Devil Dive in (which isn't at all a bad thing), that means that any sort of lovin' to either woodies is out of the question until next year at the very least.

Kind of sad, really. GASM used to be my favorite woodie.

X2 needs to stop being so rough on the outside seats. It is hard to find a good spot to ride.

Also, it should get a re-tracking. Yeah I said it. Make that backflip into a full and full while adding a flip at the top of the first raven turn is very possible. Just a lot of track-work. The GP doesn't need to be TOLD it's been Re-Re-designed, but enthusiasts and people who ride it after ridden it some time prior will see the difference.

X3!!!

The Grizzly at CGA needs something done to it, a retrack to make it more like the Kings Dominion one would be nice and possibly it wouldn't be rated the wost wooden coaster in the world again, I know the KD Grizzly isn't all that good either but anything would be an improvement for the CGA version

Edited by ScottBrown

It seems like X would be perfect if it had awesome restrains/cars that did not hurt like hell when on the outside. That being said, I don't remember it being crazy rough(last time I rode was at WCB) but at the same time I usually make a point to ride on the inside. Hmmmm... maybe I'll try an outside ride and compare at the next WCB.

Also as everyone else said...GHOSTRIDER! However, since the gravity group is practically CCI, will Timberliners be exclusive to TGG coasters, or will CCI's get them as well?

I have no clue as to why BGT hasn't installed the Millennium Flyers on Gwazi yet, but they really need to at this point. It's an excellent layout, but the lazy staff and staggering roughness from those goddamn PTCs have both taken their toll on it. Speaking of staff, they really need to focus on getting the Gwazi crews to a). make the damn thing duel, and b). dispatch the trains in a timely fashion.

Just updated page 1, and I have to say, I don't think there is one thing anyone has mentioned that I don't disagree with. As far as x2 is concerned, I did get beat up a little myself, but looking back on it, that was part of the fun as I came away with no brusies, and I can't wait for WCB to try different seats! I can, however, see how some may have a different opinion.

Are there any more flats out there that might need some TLC like dark rides, spin and pukes, etc?

In my opinion, the audio on Bizarro (SFNE) really sucked the life out of the ride. It was way too loud and tinny as hell. I was also not really paying attention to what it was saying because I was paying too much attention to what was going on. Thankfully it was off in one train, so I only had to endure it for one of my rides. The coaster rocked. The audio, not so much.

Storm Runner at Hersheypark - needs a new paintjob (red track slowly turning pink/salmon color due to serious fading)

Sidewinder at Hersheypark - new trains or modifications to existing trains. I've never added this credit because I've heard too many (including my father) say it just beats you up badly.

Wildcat at Hersheypark - serious retracking. Even though the Millennium Flyers seem to be an improvment over the old PTC trains, the experience would be alot better if they retracked most or all of the ride, especially the ending helix.

Xcelerator needs a new paint job. But luckily, they've already beegun doing that. Millenium Force also needs some new paint. I honest;y don't care what they do to Ghostrider. Honestly, I kind of like its roughtness.