TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

My cousin is pissed off because I didn't let him have these 2 plush toys that I have. I wanted to sell 'em to him for $2 and he didn't wanna pay for 'em and he felt that I should just let him have them (even though he had stole them from me). So since he giot mad and cussed me out over this, I told him he definitely couldn't have 'em now. And so, he doesn't wanna talk to me ever again... and we live in the same house... and... he's 21-yars-old... plush toys...

Walt Disney World needs better signage along the expressways.

"Magic Kingdom Resort Area - straight ahead"

-Magic Kingdom lane veers off to right while I stay in the straight lanes-

-I look like a total [censored]head-

I realize I should know off the top of my head how to get there, but still...

Edited by A.J.

Well today I finally got my paintballing mask (which completes everything I need ), so I went to get my Co2 tank filled up so I could shoot it a bit. I came home, went to the back yard and was just shooting at random stuff. I came back inside, started to unscrew the tank, and the Co2 just came rushing out uncontrollably. Turns out my tank was defective, but my mom freaked out and was convinced the house was poisoned and that we were going to die. So now I'm not going to get to go paintballing for a longggggg time, because "I need to be more mature". Not my fault the damn tank was defective...

Looks like we are going to have to put our cat down today. She's almost 16 so she's had a good life ... still, doesn't make it any easier.

We also had to put to put down a cat a while ago. He was older than I was at the time, so not having him around just felt bizarre.

This isn't nearly as big of a deal, but I hate it when I have to do #2 and the toilet seat is ice-freaking-cold.

Great. Valentines day is tomorrow. I get to listen to all of my friends go ON and ON and ON about how great it is to be in a loving relationship, like they don't flaunt that fact every other day of the year.

Well I say **** the stupid holiday. Call me lame and bitter, but it's just an excuse to sell cards. Hell, even if I was in a relationship I'd freaking hate it. It's just so...ANNOYING.

Wow...this might be my angriest rant ever...I gotta try out for Cable News!

Why do people celebrate holidays like Valentine's Day for like 2 weeks leading up to it? A lot of the people I know went out to dinner to celebrate last week sometime, and they're going to go again on the actual day. It's called Valentines' DAY, not Valentine's WEEK. I blame the media.

Why do people celebrate holidays like Valentine's Day for like 2 weeks leading up to it? A lot of the people I know went out to dinner to celebrate last week sometime, and they're going to go again on the actual day. It's called Valentines' DAY, not Valentine's WEEK. I blame the media.

Even worse is this "14 days of Valentines" crap that has started popping up.

People who judge.

Obviously, saying "he's ugly" and treating him differently is judging, but no one realizes that saying "he's hot" and treating him better IS STILL JUDGING.

I have a good friend who is, let's just say, he has it going on. He always is dating someone new... But it's because everyone uses him then leaves him. It's breaking my heart to see him treated like this, and he is SUCH a sweetheart! He's such a kind guy. Ugh.

Why do some college students constantly insist on getting caught up in high school drama? When are they going to realize that no one cares, it's time to grow up, and there are much more important things to worry about?

I'm more than ready to graduate and get the hell out of here, lol.

^ You have a looonnggg way to go to get away from high school drama

Not really, I'm a senior so about 2 and a half months and I'll be outta here and out in the work force. Can't freaking wait. I know people say to enjoy your college experience, it's one of the best times of your life, just wait until you get out into the real world, etc....but after 4 years enough is enough, I'm ready to move on.

I don't like kids' movies that insert traumatizing WTF moments smack dab in the middle of the film. Here's an example:

Seriously, WHY is this even in the movie?

EDIT: This scene is noted as both a Big Lipped Alligator Moment, as well as High Octane Nightmare Fuel on TVTropes.

Edited by MayTheGForceBeWithYou

^ That...was...AWESOME! Lol, I get what you're saying, but it totally depends on the movie. Toy Story 3 was very dark, but different. I don't think most of the littlest kids in the theater understood that the toys were about to die in the incinerator. At least, when I was that age it never ever occurred to me that a character would die. I remember being very sad about Mufasa dying, but it was completely 100% necessary, and at that age the good overtakes the bad, cause Timon and Pumba were there, and my "sadness" was gone. Also, the most traumatizing part in any kids movie, the shoe from Roger Rabbit, was used to explain what the goo stuff did.

Now my rant. People at parks with YOUNG children are often ass holes. I have seen tons of occasions where very young children(like 2 and 3) have been forced to stay at Disneyland(or other parks) til midnight or so, despite being VERY tired and VERY VERY cranky. Its funny to me, because people go to Disney to be nice to their children, which is cool, everyone loves Disney and the kids love meeting characters. However, after a full day or when the kids want to rest/nap their parents drag them on rides. Also, why the hell do people take their toddlers to see fireworks/fantasmic/haunted mansion? Kids dont like A. Loud Noises, B. Giant ass fire breathing dragons, loud noises from the pirate ship cannon, and C being in an overly crowded noisy room where all the lights go off and EVERYONE screams at the top of their lungs, often making even me jump , lol. Do people really have so little common sense?