TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Why is it whenever I start to settle in and accept the single life for a bit, another girl wanders into my life, one that I'll probably never get the chance to even talk to outside of once a week?

Damn me and my old school romanticism. I spend too much time trying to be a girl's friend, like a legitimate friend who they can always talk to and trust, as opposed to the guys who are always straight up jerks to everyone, who seem to always have a girlfriend.

Teenage life (and it's inherent stupid little problems) is such a b***h sometimes.

Apparently, my computer only has Windows Live Movie Maker, and apparently there is a difference between that and REGULAR Movie Maker, and apparently it is impossible for me to link between my two computers because of secret passwords, and apparently it's nearly impossible to open a project from Windows Live into regular Movie Maker after the fact. Again, thanks for nothing, Microsoft.

This is the happiest rant EVER. Good news, I just downloaded the world war z audiobook as I love zombie novels, and I plan on listening til I fall asleep. Bad news. A. Its one continuous play and its 6 hours long, so I need to remember where I am for tomorrow as I dont want to start over, lol. Another bad part is that it is abridged, but I have school reading, and Im assuming at six hours I'm not losing too much, and its much more relaxing to chill and listen with all the reading I've done recently for school. I can also deflect all that negativity with the fact I'm doing disney tomorrow night!

Also Ingrown hairs are the devil!

Also, a final rant/random phobia/thing. Also, this is not intended to offend R&E in any way since they did this. I REALLY dont like it when people take VERY young(like newborn) children to amusement parks. Now... heres my logic/story behind this. When children are REALLY young they have horrible immune systems. When my cousin was born she was taken to a restaurant at a few weeks old and got a cold, which developed into a fever, which resulted into her being hospitalized for a month. Everything turned out fine, but she almost died from a fever. This is seriously the weirdest "phobia" I have, but people who do this drive me crazy. Of course if the kids is one or two, fine,but a few weeks is just dangerous IMO. At Disney when I worked there, there was a lady with a VERY young child, I was making conversation and asked how old the kid was, 3 WEEKS OLD, a terrible age to take an infant into a group full of people. Ever since that happened to my cousin it just drives me insane, maybe I'm just paranoid...maybe I'm just empathetic, but yeah... thats probably the weirdest rant in this thread,lol.

Why can't people have enough sense to STOP at a red light, not go through it? Especially when I'm ready to cross. The moment I shout out to them, they give me a dirty look like I'm in the wrong. People who don't know what the light signals mean have no business behind the wheel whatsoever. Last I knew, we learned about stop lights in kindergarten.

Man, I felt like taking my skakeboard and kinda 'bump' his car with it to make him wonder if he hit me.

Rant:

MY STUPID LITTLE BROTHER

Or more specifically:

This little kid who gets up at six in the morning and tiptoes downstairs and goes onto friggin' deviantArt and posts "HI!!!" and "R U Awake?" and a whole bunch of other crap that clogs up my space. Apparently he hasn't thought of actually TALKING to me, even though I've made it clear that if he even dares one more time I will get very VERY angry.

There's a reason we don't have a "Rave" thread...

#1: When work ask you to cover shifts for people on certain days, then call you up the day before asking where you are and insist that they told you that it's TODAY you're meant to be in, not TOMORROW, and get really angry with you because they made the mistake and need you in but you can't go in now, 'cause you've made plans. Stupid work!

#2: When your mobile network provider decide to increase your monthly bill by a tenner without even telling you first. Yeah, I'll be switching elsewhere.

^^ Imagine how I felt a few years back when I was in ICU and my mom walked in saying, "If you weren't laying in that bed, I'd kick your ass." Sorry I got sick, Mom. I won't do it again...

Needless to say, our relationship has been on a slow, but steady downhill grade ever since.

Eric

Tonight my stepdad practically had a heart attack. And his condition is deteriorating every day. It's starting to really scare me...if he died...my family would be destroyed.

I know it's not of my nature to be weak-willed, but I feel horrible right now.

I know this was almost 2 weeks ago, but I'm so sorry to hear that. I know what you are going through. In summer 2007, my dad went in to have a stent put in...long story short, they tore his artery doing so and he had to have emergency bypass surgery. He's better than ever now, but that was the worst time of my life. I hope everything is ok with your stepdad.

My aunt is so annyoing and she's going to be staying with us for a few more days. She always tries to talk to me when I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME therefore making me die (in the game of course) or just distracting me! If I could lay down the rules, this is what they'd be. No head rubs, no multiple hugs and kisses, no using "cutesy" names, no singing while I'm thinking/working on something, and most importantly don't flood me with questions about anything and everything!

Ok, I'm done.