TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

So I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I bought Civilization IV a couple days ago.

It's the single most complex, frustrating game I've ever played. There is SO much to it, so many details you need to know, build orders, wonders, perks with certain tiles, problems with workers and civilians, etc.

It's just too much.

To Google to look for newbie guides!

I've said it for months: there needs to be more government regulation on who can be a parent. Like a parent preparedness exam.

If you have to fill out tons of paperwork and go through background tests to adopt a kid, you should do the same if you want to have (give birth to) a kid.

My second rant is that my math teacher is stupid. She does the problems wrong and writes the notes wrong on the board and WE end up correcting her! WTH?!?!?!

I'm at an engineering conference in Newfoundland and tried to go to a bar today for the drink special.

After paying the $5 cover I walked in and couldn't get anywhere near the bar. The place is tiny and full of engineering students and locals. I proceeded to squeeze my way out, find a friend in line and convinced him to go to another bar. Worst $5 ever.

Oh my god...school is killing me!

This semester I'm going to be taking Calculus, Art History, Political Science, and Intro to Computer Technology.

For one thing, the art textbook is a new edition, so I can't buy used copies. And the new edition is $138! The computer books pretty much require that you buy them new, which the bundle cost $168! All this in total, plus the history books and minus the Calculus book (which I have already), are going to cost $377!

Just...screw you, college! Screw you!

---space "damn money grabbers" mtfan

^ When your education gives you a jump on the competition for a job, and a decent salary to boot, what you spent on textbooks and your education will be more than repaid many times over.

Just for a change of scenery, I went to the library to use their computers to continue my job search and do important things like surf the Web. Is it just me, or have people become clueless about their cell phone use? In just the hour I've been here, two people have had loud conversations. Don't they think to step outside or at least down to the lobby?

Eric

I'm a teenage girl. My bff Becky just texted my saying she kissed Johnny. Thats a problem, because I like Johnny. Now I'm emotionally unstable. *Hits random car* Whoopsies. Im like OMG. Beckys not even hot! I'm a random windstorm. Shakey shakey! MAYHEM!

I'll tell you what I'm ranting about - HOV (High-Occupancy Vehicle) lanes.

I was driving down Interstate 95 Southbound just outside of Washington a few weeks ago with a car full of friends. All four southbound lanes were backed up for miles on end. HOWEVER, in the northbound lanes, there weren't even 5% as many cars going into Washington.

The "wrong" part about this was - the HOV lanes were open to northbound traffic. Why can't HOV lanes be opened up based on the traffic in one direction, and not what time it was? The lanes were there, but no one was using them!

The worst part about this whole situation is that I have to do it again going down to Walt Disney World to work (a little easier, because one of my parents is taking me down).

Oh my god...school is killing me!

This semester I'm going to be taking Calculus, Art History, Political Science, and Intro to Computer Technology.

For one thing, the art textbook is a new edition, so I can't buy used copies. And the new edition is $138! The computer books pretty much require that you buy them new, which the bundle cost $168! All this in total, plus the history books and minus the Calculus book (which I have already), are going to cost $377!

Just...screw you, college! Screw you!

---space "damn money grabbers" mtfan

I buy all my textbooks from abebooks.com. They usually cost me around $10-$20 with shipping included.

They work perfect for Canada because they tend to send the international editions from places like India, and those editions always use Metric.

If you don't mind using metric and using a conversion site (or your brain) to switch the units, it's well worth the savings.

I used to despise companies that didn't take credit cards...now while running a company I totally understand it and don't mind in the least! The CC Companies take way too much in fees to make simple little things profitable!!!

Pardon my double post, but people need to learn to just shut up at the appropriate time. My mother and her crazy obsession with everyone's personal thoughts and feelings tried so very hard to out me today. I hate lying, but I just am not ready to answer her questions truthfully. She, a homophobe, takes things WAY too far.

Today at Carl's Jr., some guy was sitting right in the center of the restaurant talking SPORTS! about as loud as he could. Do some people just not get it? Not everyone within earshot cares about what you want to talk about. The people he was apparently talking to didn't have much to say...unfortunately they had to listen, though---along with everyone else.

Eric

Nothing makes me angrier than when someone won't text me back, but then updates their FaceBook status.

It just makes me feel like "Oh I see you don't have time to talk to me, but you have time to go on FaceBook to update your status and like a thousand different pages".

My freshman year of high school (I'm currently a senior), we had a day where it was snowing. It was expected to turn into a humongo blizzard for two days. At the end of the school day, they announced that school would not be in session for the next two days because of the upcoming blizzard. All it did was rain

Ever since then, my school district has been paranoid about canceling school. Today, we have 6"+ of snow and there's lots of ice. There have been 120+ accidents in Wichita, and attendance is around 60-70%.

So, according to Wichita school board members:

Rain=BAD

Snow=Just fine.

*Correction: Evening news said there have been 264 accidents.