TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I know tits only chat, but I've seen people in the chat that can not make out a single statment.

We could use more tits only chat!

Nah, just kidding. I know exactly what you mean. I am one of the only people I know who uses proper grammar and punctuation in text messages, as well as most instant messages. Some stuff I see these days is so ridiculously spelled that it's impossible to make out, it looks like those lines of jargon that show up as a printing error sometimes.

That was a mistake, I swear

edit: might as well post another one of my rants of gloom and doom.

I hate how I have to wait til the weekends (or any night I can stay up really late) to play RCT3. I have to move my laptop in the living room to play the game, as its a lot cooler there, and less of a chance to overheat. When its in my room, it shuts off after 20mins of gameplay

My mom just mentioned offhand that the people they were supposed to be working for have decided not to pay them for four months. When I asked what they've been working towards with them the past five months, they said that they never told my parents they would get paid. So our family is broke, and the only source of income I thought we had is not only non-existant, but will never be, and our only hope is a multilevel marketing job that hasn't brought them any decent income in two years.

I swear I never want to grow up to be like them.

Sometimes I wonder why I'm becoming more and more antisocial every day.

Other times I don't. My group of friends I've been hanging out with for the past year have grown to be SO FREAKING ANNOYING. They yell to each other and cause scenes when they're at the same table. They do stupid stuff that makes everybody stare, and make them look like absolute morons. They have FREAKIN 100+ POST FACEBOOK MESSAGE CONVERSATIONS, which I'm conveniently tagged in ALL OF THEM because they love me and think I love them. No. I've been struggling to put up with all of you lately, just leave me alone now. I cannot stand you when you're all together. One or two, that's fine, but three or more and you're screaming your heads off and being morons.

I'm done.

Alright, so this marks the end of my first day of having retainers, after getting my braces off yesterday.

Let me tell you, they suck.

See, I have to wear them on the top and bottom teeth, 24/7, except when I'm eating, for at least two months. They hurt like hell, give me a horrible lisp, and are just generally uncomfortable. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through these two months.

I went through that back in 07 when I got my braces off. After a while it doesn't hurt it will get better. But at least now you can eat whatever you want!

Was supposed to write my Advanced Solid Mechanics final today. The prof never showed.

After 45min of waiting the program director came in and had us all sign an attendance sheet and asked us to wait. 2 hours after the exam was supposed to have started he came in and told us we could leave.

Most of us are now furious that the exam could be rescheduled since we either live far from campus or have plans already. Amazing how a student misses an exam and gets a 0, but the prof misses the exam and we're all inconvenienced.

We're all asking for a take home exam now.

^When I was first starting college (I believe it was my freshmen year) I had a history profressor who was just terrible. The guy came in on the day of the final and started to lecture. We all thought it was odd and yet nobody said anything. Finally at the end of class he started telling us about the final exam that he was going to give the next class. Sure enough at that point somebody told him that this was the last class. So in his wonderful way he mumbles about it points me out and announces that I will get an A in the class, mentions a girl in the class and announces she would get a B in the class, and finishes up telling everybody else that they well get a C. As you can imagine people were not happy!

^That's pretty bad.

The sad thing about my prof not showing up for this exam is that it's a final year course.

The prof e-mailed all of us and told us he "read the schedule wrong" and thought it started at 3, not end at 3. He wants us to write it in the new year, and I for one don't exactly want to spend my Christmas break studying...especially when I'm in Newfoundland for a week long student engineering conference for the last week of my break.

People always say that Macs is the way to go! They're problem-free, it's super fast, and they're better than PC's

Hahahahaha...yeah I'm calling bulls**t on that. As of now, I am about ready to take a sledgehammer to the iMac that sits on my desk and completely obliterate it.

We just spend the WHOLE morning getting the wireless keyboards to work. The iMac wouldn't pick up its signal from BlueTooth, so we tried everything to get it to work, but nothing seemed to solve the problem. From what I understand, many other people have had problems with getting the wireless keyboards to work.

In addition, they guy that sold my dad the Macs didn't log out of his accounts or reset any of the passwords, which means that I can't download ANYTHING without putting in the administrator's passwords (the password that, of course, I do not know).

Add in the fact that none of the games I own work on a Mac and that everything is just so different from a PC, I've just given up on Mac and switched back to my old laptop PC. It has its slowdowns and crashes, but at least I can download stuff, play games, and not to worry about syncing my keyboard or any other type of crap.

---space "screw Macs" mtfan

To be honest, I'm very happy with the Chrome browser, but unfortunately, sometimes I need to purchase something or get information, and the site I'm on says that I need to use Internet Explorer 6.0 or above. We have Firefox at home and that's not a bad browser, but I find it slower than Chrome and it, too, is not supported by a number of sites.

Eric