TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

So I just got a letter in the mail from my former university that states I owe them over $8,500. The last time I even attended was in the Fall of 2007, and I am just getting a letter from them now? Besides, I have all of my loan statements that I been paying for the last 3 years as confirmation that I took out a loan to pay them back then. However, apparently, they have no record of it! Where the hell did the money go then?! Now, they are threatening me with either court or collections for something I already paid them.

The theaters are for the weakminded, be patience and wait for it to come on DVD or Redbox. Its cheaper, and you don't have to deal with other annoying people in a theater.

To be fair, there's a certain charm for some that the theaters provide. It's a traditional, albiet expensive nowadays, night out that's good for most people. To be honest, that's really the only place I feel comfortable watching most movies.

My rant? Life. Why is it that as things are supposed to get more easy, more relaxed, and more simple, the new things have created a society of hurried, arrogant, self-righteous pricks who don't have time for fun in the little things anymore while parading around under the guise of trying to be helpful and efficient. I guess that's a part of growing up and realizing what the world is really like, but still, it pains me.

^ If you have proof of payment, then you should be off the hook. Unfortunately, the boobs in their accounting department have messed up and you have to do the work to prove your case.

Eric

I realize I will be fine, but it is ridiculous that I have to waste my time on something like this, especially if they decide to take me to court after I furnish the paperwork. They even said to me on the phone, after I said I could fax them the paperwork to prove I took out the loan, that they "um, well, wouldn't know what to do with it." Seriously? I have better things to do with my time than to screw around with this.

My rant? The people in the hallways at my highschool.

They either decide to walk and talk with their friends at 1 mph, or decide to just stand and talk, while people like me are trying to get to class on time, because my classes are far apart. And then they have the nerve to bitch at me when I either shove past them or tell them to keep walking.

My rant? Life. Why is it that as things are supposed to get more easy, more relaxed, and more simple, the new things have created a society of hurried, arrogant, self-righteous pricks who don't have time for fun in the little things anymore while parading around under the guise of trying to be helpful and efficient. I guess that's a part of growing up and realizing what the world is really like, but still, it pains me.

Sad, but true my friend. Sad, but true.

Here is a little rant, a bit more serious.

Suicide is not a laughing matter, and you can't just "snap out of it". Its also not the panzys way out. If your one of those ignorant people who thinks suicide is always some joke pulled off by panzys then you are rather ignorant, and your probably one of the people who has no respect for anyone who is "lower" than you. However, your a low pile of dirt yourself.

Dear Youtube:

If a video contains content that "isn't available in my area" for some dumb reason, DON'T LIST IT ON THE RELATED VIDEOS. That's like saying a movie is available at a theater, having people go to see it and being all "Aww, I'm sorry, this is the United States, so you can't watch this. Go to Belgium, then we'll talk."

I mean, really.

Sincerely,

Eric.

Suicide is not a laughing matter, and you can't just "snap out of it". Its also not the panzys way out. If your one of those ignorant people who thinks suicide is always some joke pulled off by panzys then you are rather ignorant, and your probably one of the people who has no respect for anyone who is "lower" than you. However, your a low pile of dirt yourself.

Rant: Children who don't know how to write:

Example: your and you're are two different words

Rant: Children who don't know how to write:

Example: your and you're are two different words

Thank you! I hate word confusions like that. It drives me crazy. Especially when it's used in the sentence "OMG YOUR SO GAYYY!" That just annoys me.

Our = possessive of multiple people, are = plural state of being

Their = possessive plural pronoun, they're = they are, there = a place (over there, go there)

Your = possessive, you're = you are.

Were = past tense verb, we're = we are

And People Who Capitalize Every Single, Word, And Use, Unnecessary, Commas.

How people can't even utilize the language they were raised on baffles me. If it's a foreigner I can understand a few things but at the level people do now... it's just stupidity and laziness.

^ And don't forget my favorite one---the usage of "its" vs. "it's."

It's = it is (or "it has").

Its = possessive, gender neutral.

If you're not sure which one to use, substitute "it is" when you write "it's" and see how your sentence sounds. If it sounds stupid---which it will---use "its."

Eric

Since we're on a little language bit here, I have a debate to settle. Which of the following sentences is written correctly (in regards to comma usage in the list)?:

A) I need you to pick up an apple, an orange, and some grapes.

B) I need you to pick up an apple, an orange and some grapes.

I know this isn't really a rant per-say, but it sure set me into one with the person I was debating with on this (no, I won't say which one I defended...yet).

^Both are equally correct according to MLA format and the English AP test.

Rant: Do people not understand hints anymore? About five times this year my mother has attempted to get me something skateboard related. And all five times I have had to politely and thankfully decline and tell her that I enjoyed skateboarding when I was 13, and I do NOT anymore. I feel bad saying no to a gift she wants to get me, but I'd feel worse if she bought me an expensive skateboard and it just sat around unused.

Since we're on a little language bit here, I have a debate to settle. Which of the following sentences is written correctly (in regards to comma usage in the list)?:

A) I need you to pick up an apple, an orange, and some grapes.

B) I need you to pick up an apple, an orange and some grapes.

I know this isn't really a rant per-say, but it sure set me into one with the person I was debating with on this (no, I won't say which one I defended...yet).

As said above, I believe both are correct according to standards. I was originally taught back in first grade that no comma was the correct way. Then from second grade on I was told a comma was appropriate.

Personally I am against the use of the comma in that type of situation. I don't see a need to use a comma before "and". I may use it from to to time, however, I typically don't.

You do know that there are adults that don't know how to write either? People who have even worse grammar and spelling than I....

Why should one little mistake in my post really be worthy of a post dedicated to that mistake. I know its only chat, but I've seen people in the chat that can not make out a single statment.

Its like

"Hi you like my rct project i think its good cuz my friend says so"

There are people on this site who talk like that. Remember that when correcting a rather small mistake by someone.

Also, I know this isn't any kind of excuse, but I used to be so horrible with my posts, where they where just unreadble.

This post was a lil' rushed, because I'm in a hurry.

-Peace

Edited by Thelegendarymatthew

I know tits only chat, but I've seen people in the chat that can not make out a single statment.

We could use more tits only chat!

Nah, just kidding. I know exactly what you mean. I am one of the only people I know who uses proper grammar and punctuation in text messages, as well as most instant messages. Some stuff I see these days is so ridiculously spelled that it's impossible to make out, it looks like those lines of jargon that show up as a printing error sometimes.

Alright, so this marks the end of my first day of having retainers, after getting my braces off yesterday.

Let me tell you, they suck.

See, I have to wear them on the top and bottom teeth, 24/7, except when I'm eating, for at least two months. They hurt like hell, give me a horrible lisp, and are just generally uncomfortable. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through these two months.