TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

So this past week I learned that my best friend smokes marijuana.

He's sixteen. And all his friends consistently get high every weekend, and are essentially the worst role models you can possibly imagine in every way.

I really don't know what to think right now. He's cool, I've never seen him when he's been smoking, but I'm scared for him.

I admit that I screwed up, and I'm taking a break from you.

Now, is it fair that I'm getting phone calls and messages from someone who is trying to confront me again, and is purposely trying to put me down.

I've lost all respect for you, and your not getting it back. You try to be the mature one, but your the one who is jumping to conclusions, your the one who is trying to hurt me.

I get your points, but you dont need to make them any more clear than they already are.

I don't like you, and I never will.

So this past week I learned that my best friend smokes marijuana.

He's sixteen. And all his friends consistently get high every weekend, and are essentially the worst role models you can possibly imagine in every way.

I really don't know what to think right now. He's cool, I've never seen him when he's been smoking, but I'm scared for him.

Not really a big deal...if it was like coke or taking mass amounts of prescription drugs, then I'd be concerned.

Anyway, my rant is that there is still 178 days until I turn 21 and can gamble/go to bars/get drunk legally. This is demoralizing.

Nothing gets me more pissed that when I finally get myself in a good mood and someone wants to try my nerves. Even worse when they want to try it on Friday evening... you know when it's finally the end of the week and you just want to sit down and unwind. People that have made that mistake learn to regret it.

My roommate's boyfriend wanted to have it out with me because he didn't like the way I left the bathroom. I was running late for work and I didn't rinse the shower jell down the drain and I left my shaving cream and stuff on the counter. Now keep in mind, because I pay rent this MY bathroom and he only comes down once a month.

So anyway, he gets home while I'm at work, slams the bathroom door, knocking over a shelf spilling the contents on the ground (not picking them up), left a towel IN the bathtub and rolled the bathroom rug on the side of the tub, which is now soaked and need to be washed and dried.

Now here I come though the door, sees the mess, takes the items off the floor and put them up, see the towel and then my roommates wants to warn ME about his boyfriend. I got pissed and said "C'mere and look at this." I told him he'd better not even think about having any conversation when he did this. And it's not like I've had to get the clorox clean up and put on some gloves to clean up the poop and pee he left on the toilet before I even tried to sit my butt down on (just nasty). "I didn't say anything then but if he starts with me, I'll bring it up, I won't be nice about it and I won't stop, especially when you all used up the cleaning supplies I bought and I have to go back to the store to get more. He'd better just shut it up and get on the plane for your vacation tomorrow... tonight is NOT the night."

I said more because he set me off and my roommate was trying to get me to calm down because I wanted his boyfriend to say something.

Anyway, there were no more conversations that night and they went on their trip the next morning. Don't try me when you don't have your act together.

Terry

Recently one of the members here got banned, thats cool and all. I think he deserves it. What I don't like is that same person is annoying the hell out of me on Facebook. I don't want to remove him or really tell him off because I try not to be a cruel person. This is the first time that I had to deal with someone who is so annoying that is not a troll.

I may remove him if he keeps this up....

Recently one of the members here got banned, thats cool and all. I think he deserves it. What I don't like is that same person is annoying the hell out of me on Facebook. I don't want to remove him or really tell him off because I try not to be a cruel person. This is the first time that I had to deal with someone who is so annoying that is not a troll.

I may remove him if he keeps this up....

Yeah, was just about to say to remove him, easiest way to get rid of problems! (At least on Facebook..)

^^ Remove him and make your profile visible only to your friends.

And while on the subject, people who go out of their way to annoy others is my rant du jour. That, and daughters who lie to your face. But I'd better not go there...

Eric

Listen, you need to shut up.

Stop questioning everything I say, I am the head of Props crew, just do what I tell you.

Stop asking questions that I've clearly answered several times or that I know you know the answer to.

Stop arguing about the most mundane of things, and then not giving up the fight until you win.

Stop being such a freaking know-it-all, it's only making you more of an idiot in my eyes.

Just stop. You're ruining this job for me, every second I have to work with you is torture. I'm going to be glad when this show is over and I don't have to work with you.

/furiousragefilledrant

NEVER NEVER NEVER buy anything from Apex Digital.

After my first HDMI input stopped working months ago, all my inputs have stopped working so I can't watch DVDs or play any kind of video game. I called them when the first input went and was told to start using the others, once they started going I called again and didn't hear from them for over 4 months when I called them back.

Now it's always phone tag, I call them a few times a week asking for the shipping labels they supposedly sent me so they can fix my TV. I've just started asking for a cheque for the price of the TV since I will never trust their products or customer service again. Also, they stopped making TVs, so once the new one goes what are they going to do to fix that?

I just logged a complaint with the BBB in their area; I have no idea how they are an A+ company.

My rant of the day would be for those who drive while talking on the phone (people who don't use a blue-tooth or other hands-free devices.) I'm driving home from work at about 7:45am today, heavy traffic and I happen to see a girl in her little purple Scion TC chatting it up on her bedazzled iPhone. As the traffic begins to move, she decides to merge into my lane (didn't have her blinker on either from what I could see)...she had the phone to her ear and it was blocking her view to the left...as she should have seen that I was directly next to her. She steps on the gas and was an inch away from hitting my car until I swerved toward the center divider, narrowly missing that as well...When she realizes what she did, she looks up at me, smiles and then proceeds down the road. I wanted to smash her face into her steering wheel...People need to use a hands-free device while driving or don't talk on the phone period. (Fyi, I have a program in my car that lets me talk through my stereo and I've never once drove and held my phone to chat.)

There is this special needs child who always trys to sit with me on the bus every day, even though I try to tell him to move along, and that I have someone else who I'd rather sit with.

We don't have assigned seats, and our bus driver is always changing. This kid can't really tell the diffrence between "sit here" and "don't sit here".

Whats even more annoying is that this guy smells really bad. I swear I almost threw up due to the stench of moldy gram crackers.

Oh and another thing that makes me upset is that I cant use chrome or FF here on this laptop

Stupid Internet Explorer.

I work at an ice rink and nothing annoys me more than when people come up for skates and don't know their shoe size. It's like you have been wearing your shoes for years, you should know that by now. If it's a kid the parents should know but they have to look at the kid's shoe. It's like hellllloooo you buy the shoes for him/her.

One of my favourite rides, Sky Flyer which is a tower swing collapsed at a fair in Melbourne! The lifing cables that raise the sweeps up the rotating tower snapped as it started moving and all riders, which were children plunged to their deaths. I will not be riding another version of this ride until it has been retrofitted!

^Do you have a link to an article about this accident. I've looked online and haven't found anything. I'm pretty sure that if a ride collapsed at an Australian Fair, that it would make the news.

One of my favourite rides, Sky Flyer which is a tower swing collapsed at a fair in Melbourne! The lifing cables that raise the sweeps up the rotating tower snapped as it started moving and all riders, which were children plunged to their deaths. I will not be riding another version of this ride until it has been retrofitted!

Why would you post this in the Rant Thread and not on the main forum???? I, too can not find any mention of such a story. You might want to provide a link to back this up.