TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^^ More or less on Terry's note, there are just too many cameras everywhere. At any time, someone can whip one out and start snapping away. Privacy is almost a thing of the past.

When I worked for a military contractor, we were warned that cell phones with cameras were not allowed onto the local Navy base. If discovered, they would be confiscated and destroyed. Of course, that's for obvious reasons at a place where there might be classified information.

But, yeah, before getting out the camera, in whatever form it's in, use a little discretion.

Eric

It's completely "Wild Kingdom" going on here.

I spent two days battling ants coming through the plumbing into the house (it's that time of year in Florida). After looking online I got ant stakes to put in all the flower pots and areas outside then wiped down all the areas of the kitchen and bathroom with cleaner mixed with vinegar (stinky)... finally i put plates of whole cloves by areas i think the ants are coming in. So far so good, but my roommate complained about the vinegar... then I said "If you put your dishes away and wipe them off properly when you put them in the dishwasher, I won't have to do this. I'm trying to get rid of the ants and you're feeding them!"

Next my roommate had an early shift with work and it threw his big dog's poop schedule... so instead of waking to the smell of coffee, guess what I got a big whiff of? (almost hurling) So I had to clean that up too.

Then I go outside to the laundry room to get the pooper scooper and see a dead squirrel at the bottom of the pool.

I'm not getting that.

Terry

AHHHH!

1. Precalculus is the bane of my existence. On top of that my teacher has a ridiculous grading policy.

2. What is up with all the confederate flags where I live? Now I know that the war wasn't just about slavery and that some people are proud of their heritage and I get that, its just...you lost. And it's the Civil War, not the War of Northern Aggression.

3. Slow drivers. Need I say more?

AHHHH!

1. Precalculus is the bane of my existence. On top of that my teacher has a ridiculous grading policy.

2. What is up with all the confederate flags where I live? Now I know that the war wasn't just about slavery and that some people are proud of their heritage and I get that, its just...you lost. And it's the Civil War, not the War of Northern Aggression.

3. Slow drivers. Need I say more?

Trust me, Calculus II is even more hell!

Well, the amazing, massive mall about 30 minutes from my house, Roseville Galleria, is on fire right now.

Apparently some guy (who had done the same to a Wal-Mart earlier that day, apparently) went into GameStop, claimed he had a gun, and forced the employees to lock him inside the store, alone. He lit a fire, left the store, and just let the fire spread.

A whole building was ablaze, the specific part of the mall that earns 50% of the sales.

Well, damn. Especially because the mall just recently finished a million-dollar renovation.

Well, the amazing, massive mall about 30 minutes from my house, Roseville Galleria, is on fire right now.

Apparently some guy (who had done the same to a Wal-Mart earlier that day, apparently) went into GameStop, claimed he had a gun, and forced the employees to lock him inside the store, alone. He lit a fire, left the store, and just let the fire spread.

A whole building was ablaze, the specific part of the mall that earns 50% of the sales.

Well, damn. Especially because the mall just recently finished a million-dollar renovation.

NO WAY!!!! I go to Roseville at least once a year to visit my family that lives there. It kinda sucks that it burned down, that was like one of 3 things to do in that city. Ah well...you can still go to Taco Bell, right?

yea i saw that on the news. Sounds pretty scary, they said they got all the people out of the mall before the fire was set though

Friends of friends. I can't even remember how many times I've been playing something on Xbox Live with a friend (it's the only way I can really do stuff with my Cali friends anymore) and one of their friends barges in asking them to play Halo or something else I don't have, and when I try to just be friendly, they cuss me out like I'm some kind of freak.

I know it's a bad idea to let random jerks get to you, but it's random acts of hate like this that made me suicidal once upon a time.

^Isn't there a John's Incredible Pizza Co. in Roseville?

Credit + Buffet = WIN!

Yeah, I've been! Didn't get the credit since I went before I knew about whoring, but the food was actually pretty good. They also have a water park with a Master Blaster slide, and...uhh....oh right, nothing

Poor Roseville

My rant: I missed breaking 20 minutes on my 3 mile XC run by 6 seconds!!! Oh well, next week.

In math class today (I'm in online school), we're about halfway through discussing a topic (one that I already more than understand and really didn't need to hear about again) when one student comes in late. My teacher (in his mystical wisdom) starts over from the beginning.

I mean, it's not like I had two tests or an essay I could've been doing...