TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Our written language is getting stupider by the minute. First, it's the "st," "nd," "rd," and "th" added to a date (like today, August 26 would be written as "August 26th." You don't need the "th" on it, as it's read that way when written as "August 26").

Now, for an encore, I'm seeing written fractions as "1/3rd," "3/4ths," etc. The simple term, "1/3," is read as "one third" so no "rd" is necessary.

This is definitely something brought to you by the "Apostrophes in Plurals" ( ) crowd.

Eric

So I was at my annual school carnival tonight, when there were like three fights at once, and the police showed up.

A full 45 minutes before the carnival ended, they forced EVERYBODY out of the school. If you stopped to ask a security guard or policeman a question, like I did, they would SCREAM in your face to tell you to get off school property. So that means I couldn't get a school worker to help me get my backpack, which was left in the gym. It's still there. I can't get it until Monday.

This whole night was just miserable, having a policeman yell at you so viciously when you haven't done a thing is a horrible experience.

I really really really really really REALLY suck at algebra... they should make it an elective... along with science. You're never going to use those two things in life. With math, all you need to know are the BASICS: Add, Subtract, Multiply, and Divide. That's ALL... why does this world have to make EVERYTHING so freaking complicated?!?!?!??

^Actually I still use basic algebra on a weekly basis and I don't have a job that would be considered in the math field.

Also, science being elective? Um, yeah, you may want to learn something about how the world around you works.

Maybe there's something else going on here though because I don't know too many 21 year olds still taking Algebra.

^Actually I still use basic algebra on a weekly basis and I don't have a job that would be considered in the math field.

Also, science being elective? Um, yeah, you may want to learn something about how the world around you works.

Maybe there's something else going on here though because I don't know too many 21 year olds still taking Algebra.

I gained nothing from taking science classes in high school. Now economics is actually worth your time, since you learn the IMPORTANT stuff.

And, I'm not saying I'm taking an algebra class. I passed them all, I just think they're stupid because hardly anyone will use it ever in their life... and even though I passed those classes, I still suck at it, therefore I didn't gain **** out of it.

Okay, my rant: People with whom I share a name who can't be bothered to actually know their email/Gmail address and enter mine instead. The amount of crap I receive because of these idiots is ridiculous. And no, it's not spam. These are people registering on websites or signing up for newsletters.

In hindsight, .@gmail.com probably wasn't the best choice.

Now economics is actually worth your time, since you learn the IMPORTANT stuff.

You know math and those subjects that "nobody will ever use" are pretty critical to understand economics?

Not really. But economics and US history go hand-in-hand, that's for sure.

Now economics is actually worth your time, since you learn the IMPORTANT stuff.

You know math and those subjects that "nobody will ever use" are pretty critical to understand economics?

Not really. But economics and US history go hand-in-hand, that's for sure.

Hmm, obviously Geometry wasn't your thing either, cuzz your logic doesn't compute.

I can't beat the Fill-Bots 2 level in Rhythm Heaven! I keep screwing up on the back beats!

Rhythm Heaven is quite a difficult game! I've only played it on my friend's DS, though.

Dude, I can't get past stage 8 on Super Castlevania IV! Those stupid flying eyeballs that drip lava/blood always hit me and send me back underneath the spikes (which kill instantly).

^

It's difficult at times, but it's very fun and has some catchy music tunes.

One of my top favorites:

My rant: I have watched numerous video that PROVE Activision doesn't give a rat's end about Crash Bandicoot or Spyro... WHY ACTI?!?! WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!!!?