TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I've got a user in one of my environments that has 484 shortcuts on her desktop. We utilize roaming profiles in all our environments. Her machine is slow to load initially and the icons won't stay in the order which she places them. This woman works for Psychology office. There must be some kind of pill for this...

I hate the sorry state of the animation business. I spend months creating a 3 minute completely hand-drawn short film, and some a$$clown at [studio left unnamed] (*cough* *cough* DreamWorks *cough*) spends $50 mil to create some stupid talking-animal movie that gets universally panned but pulls down the #1 spot in the weekend box-office. Meanwhile, it seems no one over 18 realizes what a fantastic person Hayao Miyazaki is. Humph! My asinine pet peeves.

"I've got a user in one of my environments that has 484 shortcuts on her desktop... This woman works for Psychology office." (generaleclectic)

Any surprise that she works in the psychology office?

Eric

So I need to vent -

I'm doing some footwork for a personal project of my own and I wanted to contact Paul Reuben to see if I could understand why people keep using him as a source on all things park related.

The email I got back was beyond rude, and real...for lack of a better term "douch-y."

Good news though, he's now inspired me that much more to push on with the project. His loss.

Do people not f*cking understand that talking on your cell phone or texting while driving is BAD?????

Seriously, while my mother and my stepfather were out, going to get our washing machine which we had had repaired earlier today, were rear ended at a red light by some stupid bitch talking on her phone and doing 50 miles per hour down the street. The impact was so bad it actually LIFTED the back of the truck, and spun it 90*! WTF?!?!?! Thankfully neither of them are hurt, just beaten up. But seriously, now my family is out a vehicle, (that would have been mine and my brother's to share in a few short months) and has who knows how many dollars in medical bills from having to go to the hospital to get checked out, all because some stupid bitch was on her phone? WHAT THE F**K? I am so beyond angry right now.

Oh, and in case I haven't said it: WTF?????

So I need to vent -

I'm doing some footwork for a personal project of my own and I wanted to contact Paul Reuben to see if I could understand why people keep using him as a source on all things park related.

The email I got back was beyond rude, and real...for lack of a better term "douch-y."

Good news though, he's now inspired me that much more to push on with the project. His loss.

Lol, what did you expect Kris? Next time you're in town you gotta show me the dirt dude.

People who think they s**t gold piss me off.

What I mean is, whenever I go to a yard sale in the more upper class area of my town, I usually come across people who price things INSANELY high.This one time for example, a woman was trying to sell a Gamecube with 7 games (not even big-ticket games) for $125 (this was recent too). I told her that it was priced extremely high, and she accused me of trying to rip her off. WTF

EDIT: she even posted it on Craigslist

http://spacecoast.craigslist.org/vgm/1837754461.html

UGGGGGH!!!!

I can't watch free movie online anymore because the site I relied on doesn't work anymore!!! Now I can't watch Dispicable Me and Vampires Suck!!! GGAAAAAHH!!!

And my supervisor at work is REALLY working my nerves!!!! A house need to fall on top of that witch!!!!

^ I dont get paid much either. I just go to the dollar theatre to see second or third run films for cheap, or rent them when they come out on DVD. In my opinion, not having the extra cash doesnt make it OK to steal movies. this next bit isnt aimed at you in particular, just movie piracy in general.

Im going to blame the 'instant gratification' society we have these days. I reckon people who steal movies often do so because its just so damn easy, and they cant be bothered to wait until they save up the money. I dont agree with the folks who claim buying it would 'just be lining the pockets of the fat cats' either. The fat cats will find ways to get rich whether you but it or not, but its the regular working joes that get cut to save profit margins that loose out. So I pay for all my movies, I pay for all my music and I pay for all my games. And if I have to wait a bit to save up, well thats fine, I will wait.

Do kids my age REALLY need a bed time? I'm almost 17, and my stepfather wants me to go to bed at 10:30! I'm nearly an adult now, I know when I have to get up to go to school, if I want to stay up till 4 in the morning knowing that I have to get up at 5:30, well, thats my problem. Ill deal with it. I don't need a bedtime shoved down my throat because his kids can't get up in the morning without being screamed at by a banshee.

I also hate the "Your father is a god and he gets to do what ever he wants" attitude that seems to be a reoccurring trait in southern families.

EDIT: "You're father..."..."You are father" yeah, that TOTALLY makes sense!

Edited by Vekoma Fan Boy

Do kids my age REALLY need a bed time? I'm almost 17, and my stepfather wants me to go to bed at 10:30! I'm nearly an adult now, I know when I have to get up to go to school, if I want to stay up till 4 in the morning knowing that I have to get up at 5:30, well, thats my problem. Ill deal with it. I don't need a bedtime shoved down my throat because his kids can't get up in the morning without being screamed at by a banshee.

I also hate the "You're father is a god and he gets to do what ever he wants" attitude that seems to be a reoccurring trait in southern families.

Yes, you do need a bedtime. Now don't forget your blankie, little boy.

*Ducks to avoid the slap from VFB*

Crap. I forgot the name of my character in Guild Wars.

See, to login, you need to enter the name of any one of your characters. The thing is, I deleted all my characters to start fresh, and made a new one last night. But I can't for the life of me remember what the hell I named my female monk.

I guess all I can do is wait for NCSoft to reply to my email.

Got my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday and it really sucks. I've got a dull pain in my mouth and blood. Now I can only eat soft food for the next couple days while my mouth heals.

Luckily I have that trip to New York on Saturday to look forward to.

I just ***LOVE*** people who make THEMSELVES miserable and then make it your problem by acting like a 3 year old because they are so unhappy.

Vekoma "A lot of stuff is (evidently) pissing me off, but I'm not forcing it on anyone else!" Fan Boy