TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I like my coworkers, but there's days I just want to punch them in the face.

I know how that is. My co-workers irritate me a lot of the times I work. Most of the times they don't even do their jobs and I'm the one working.

I like my coworkers, but there's days I just want to punch them in the face.

I know how that is. My co-workers irritate me a lot of the times I work. Most of the times they don't even do their jobs and I'm the one working.

Same thing happens to me! They keep pushing me to the breaking point!

I had a very awful nightmare last night! I was in bed listening to a late night radio show when all of sudden, I heard a message saying that a cute little white hamster has escaped from a laboratory with a tummyful of explosives powerful enough to raze a huge suburb to ruins!

So I shut all doors & windows as quickly as possible but hour later, when I saw the pest control people came and caught the hamster in a trap... KABOOOM!!!!

The hamster explosed with a ear damaging bang and razed everything in the suburb to a crisp!

So my friends are basically ruining Facebook.

They all become fans of anything and everything, probably fifty or something pages a day; they tag a million people in a photo, then have a completely unrelated conversation in the comments box that goes on for 41 comments in ONE HOUR; And they post completely stupid crap constantly.

And its not just the internet where theyre getting obnoxious, its real life too. But I wont get into that.

One thing that I have gradually learned over time...I absolutely hate the DMV's in California...

Take yesterday for example. I scheduled an appointment to renew my Drivers' permit. When I get to the DMV, I see an horrifyingly long line to get inside the building. I get inside the building, and I say that I have an appointment. The lady at the front desk hands me a number and I sit down. I look at the slip and I realize she gave me a non-appointment number. Not to mention, it was close to 4 p.m. (which after 4 p.m. they stop issuing the written test). I told the lady at the front desk about this and she handed me another slip, this time an appointment card and she told me I can go and take the written test, even if it is after 4 p.m.

So I go over to the exam area and I walk up to the counter. But then, some really confusing stuff goes on and I just grew tired of it. So I left...

I seriously think the DMV needs to get their crap organized and they need to look up the definition of "customer satisfaction," because clearly they have no clue what it means.

----space "damn DMV" mtfan

I just went on a road trip from georgia to memphis, tn. OMG, the roads outside of georgia are terrible, and so are the drivers. People go under the speed limit in the left lane, drive through train tracks when the arms are down and the train is 30 ft away, and don't stay in their lane (drift all over the road). The roads are terrible, even when there are not pot holes and patches, the roads are not smooth.

One thing that I have gradually learned over time...I absolutely hate the DMV's PERIOD...

FIxed.

The DMV has the absolute worst service ever. Everything is disorganized and everything has a wait time. It's not just California, but every single other state.

I seriously think the DMV needs to get their crap organized and they need to look up the definition of "customer satisfaction," because clearly they have no clue what it means

QFT

But then again, anything run by the government in general isn't very efficient.

The train ticket I booked last night to get me to Ottawa for a student engineering conference has been canceled today.

Turns out that instead of adding security to Union station during the G20 Summit, VIA Rail is just canceling all trains going in and out of Toronto. My options are now cancel my ticket with full refund and find another way to Ottawa, or get to Oshawa (about an hour away) by 6pm...my train was scheduled to leave Toronto at 5:30pm. Getting to Oshawa is also being left up to the passenger, rather than giving a shuttle a bus.

Damn world leaders.

Sometimes forgets how awful trying to have a debate on an internet forum is, and is often brought down to earth with several head-against-wall thumps. Why do I even bother. Have people forgotten how to argue their points or have they never learned it in the first place. If I wanted to be an ass about it I would actually have fun with it.

I really cant be bothered though.

Also, the prostitute operating from the room above ours has been keeping us awake. This displeases me.

My biggest pet peeve is waiting over an hour for a coaster, and having some person who is fat enough to use a wheelchair steals your seat for free. I'd be okay if the person was paralyzed or had a broken bone, but fatty needs to lose some weight and line up like the rest of us.

I am a complete idiot. I accidentally brought a copy of my birth certificate to the DMV today.

FACEPALM!!!

Tomorrow I am going to get there before opening, because I don't want to have the same wait two days in a row. Hopefully I will have all the necessary documents this time.

^Boulder is a much shorter drive to Denver than Fort Collins ya know...

Also, you're 14 and touring colleges already? Damn

Oh ya! It's a huge academic thing at my school to tour colleges.

Wow... I think the first time I actually toured a College was a few months before I started there.

I just went on a road trip from georgia to memphis, tn. OMG, the roads outside of georgia are terrible, and so are the drivers. People go under the speed limit in the left lane, drive through train tracks when the arms are down and the train is 30 ft away, and don't stay in their lane (drift all over the road). The roads are terrible, even when there are not pot holes and patches, the roads are not smooth.

I live in memphis and all that you said is true! My aunt thinks of the lines on the road as "Sugestions" and just kinda drives how she wants.