TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I'm absolutely fed up with my ex-girlfriend. The girl can't carry a conversation with me without trying to pick a fight. I don't understand why it is so hard for her to have a civil conversation with me. If I didn't know any better, I would swear she gets off on this sort of thing. Things will be going fine and then she decides to throw in some comment to try and piss me off. It's not even what she says that makes me mad, but rather the fact that she is saying it in the first place. And then she gets mad 'cause I don't call her! Unbelievable! Don't expect me to be all sympathetic when all you want to do is get even. Unbe-freakin-lievable.

^Sorry to hear that, exes can be so annoying sometimes.

Mine isn't so much a rant, but something that I first found very frustrating, but couldn't stop laughing afterwards. As everyone in my office was getting ready to leave tonight, I decided to make one last run to the restroom. When I got out, the whole place was dark and locked up. I took three steps towards my cell phone to call up my boss and the alarm started sounding. So yeah, there I was waiting for ten minutes until my boss came back and listening to that delightful sound ringing through my ears. I was ready to yell at him for locking me in, but before I had the chance he wanted to know what I was doing in the restroom for so long. I didn't even realize I had taken all that long, but we couldn't stop laughing about it. I can only imagine what the story around the office will be tomorrow morning. :?

I hate it when a certain someone tries to be an english teacher and types everything you type eccept he types it all correctly and puts the periods and commas and everything where they're supposed to go,i think that as long as you type most of the words correctly then it shouldn't matter

I hate it when a certain someone tries to be an english teacher and types everything you type eccept he types it all correctly and puts the periods and commas and everything where they're supposed to go,i think that as long as you type most of the words correctly then it shouldn't matter

I think that it is human to make a few mistakes, but it is ignorant to make very many mistakes, and comes off as if you are not very educated and lazy. It doesn't hurt to go back and change mistakes, I usually do on every post if I notice a mistake I have made!

yes i understand that too but what im saying is this person typed a whole big paragraph that i had typed and corected simple things about it like making a letter capital and all this other crap that doesn't matter and it doesn't as long as you spell the words corectly or most of them anyways but all im saying is that i dont need be corected by someone who is not an english teacher sorry but i had one of those already

^ Hope you don't think I'm having a go at you, I'm not, I'm just making a very small request: spelling and grammar and all that stuff isn't a HUGE deal to me, although it does make posts that much easier to read. The main problem I have when reading your posts is that you don't use any periods at all, so it's all one long sentence. I personally find that very difficult to read sometimes, maybe if you just included periods it'd stop some of the complaints. Just MO.

Don't worry about it, some people are meant to win the lottery. Others, not so much. My parents belong to the latter (at least I believe so). Back in the early 80s, they purchased a lottery ticket while in the San Diego area. They accidentally threw it away, but thought nothing off it. Well, the winning ticket was never claimed, AND it had been purchased in the San Diego area around the same time they purchased theirs :shock: . I guess some things aren't meant to be. :?

I'm more or less the spelling and grammar Nazi over on Westcoaster. Spelling, punctuation, and grammar are important to me and do count. Not doing your best to write clearly is flat out laziness. "Well, you know what I meant" just doesn't cut it. Even on the Internet where a lot of shortcuts are used.

Eric

People... using the simile "as h3ll"

Dude, I'm tired as h3ll...

That water is cold as h3ll!

I'm thirsty as h3ll...

What's up with that?

I also use "a**" as an adjective...

Dude that's a big a** shoe.

That's a long a** piece of string cheese.

That was a short a** race!

Yep... that's it from me...

People riding their bikes on the sidewalk.

Here in Camarillo, bike lanes are painted all over most major streets, but the jackasses still ride down the middle of the sidewalk. I walk quite a bit, and I'm tired of having to dodge these morons.

Get in the street where you belong!

Eric

I've been kicked out of my house.

I have several places where I can stay for a few weeks, but nowhere that's really convenient. With the amount of assignments I have to do, being somewhere where I don't have broadband net access, all my textbooks, etc etc, makes life VERY difficult. I've already spent fifteen or so hours in the library this week and I'm still here now, if I have to spend any more time here I'm gonna scream, but I'll be here all the time if I don't find somewhere decent to live, and fast.

Problem is, I haven't worked since June (although I've finally been able to job hunt these last couple weeks, should have a few interviews coming up) and therefore don't have much money.

Even without all this I was having to beg and borrow to pay for the TPR trip, but I'm sure as hell not cancelling that! I can always pay for it out of my savings and then pay the cash back in when I have it spare, but I really don't want to have to use that money to rent some crappy little bedsit, which is all I'd be able to afford. Plus for various reasons I hate to live alone, and finding a housemate is proving difficult as all my student friends are settled into their uni accomodation, and most of my other friends either still live with their parents or live with a partner.

This is really sh*tty.

I hate when you think you are so close to doing something cool, only to find out that someone is waiting for you at the finish line, to steal your victory! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr