TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Why is it that teachers love to pile tons of homework, quizzes, projects, and tests close to *insert long holiday break here*? It really makes me wonder whether or not teachers love to grade mountains of work before/during their days off.

I personally hate working on all this stuff and it makes me wish school would just be over with in time for vacation already.

^Most of the time a break is before the end of a grading period. I guess its too have one more final boost added to your grade. It does help you a lot if you work at it.

All I have to do is make a Spanish family tree, do 100 problems for science, and do a worksheet for math

Rant:

Does anyone have a problem with a little 8 year old peeking into your room every other hour? I went to his parents, and there response was "hes just expressing his mind".

Oh man, sometimes I wonder why some people aren't smacked with a shovel, 57 1/2 times.

-Matt

For some reason I live in a town where no one knows how to drive. They are complete idiots and should not be allowed to drive. All of them are afraid of driving in atlanta vs my town. There is nothing to fear in atlanta because if you are a bad driver you are hit and on the side of the road, so most of the people in atlanta know how to drive well. I am talking about everything from not paying attention to not even looking at the road. They get in whatever lane they want without looking and so you better get out of their way, they drive however fast or slow they want and do not bother with speed limits or minimum speeds, blinkers are a waste of time, everyone is txting and on their phone, and anything else you can think of. I do not have a problem with speeding, txting, eating, etc while driving. To prove a point I drove around town using nothing but my knees to drive, and so I either ate or txted or something. I did not have a single problem driving and could make any turn without my hands, and these idiots cannot even drive when they aren't doing anything else. What is even worse is the police officers don't care because most of them are just as bad or worse about driving.

^ Atlanta traffic is Science Fiction Bad. I lived there until 11 years ago, and remember a 7 mile drive taking an hour. I still get up there several times a year to visit the folks, and am still aghast at the poor driving, etc...

^ I just got back from Carl's Jr. with Diana. Had I known, I'd have called and had you join us or something. If you're free on Sunday, I'm thinking about a quick trip out to SFMM since the girls won't be home.

Eric

So It's opening at SFGAm and we decide to run to Whizzer. When we get there we discover that there is a huge banner for "The Karate Kid" on the front of the station. Then we get in the que and there are the same ad's completely surrounding you. They are also on the trim for the "roof" over the loading platform.

But the biggest surprise was that they had plastered the ad's on the front of EVERY car covering the Whizzer logo. They look pretty darn ugly to!

Fun stuff eh?

I don't see why they're remaking The Karate Kid anyway. The original was good and I can't imagine this one being the least bit better. What's with all these remakes anyway---has Hollywood run out of ideas for movies?

Eric

I don't see why they're remaking The Karate Kid anyway. The original was good and I can't imagine this one being the least bit better. What's with all these remakes anyway---has Hollywood run out of ideas for movies?

Eric

Unfortunatly I think some of the remakes make the original look bad, IMO.

Yeah the cars underneath are really classy. [it isn't just the cars, they are on the front of the station, in the Que, on the trim of the "roof" over the loading station, and down the exit stairs].

I really can't wait till June 11th now!

I also to don't get all these re-makes. I know there done better but its the same story and everything so I don't see what the big deal is about something that's basically been see before.

Okay, I've seen the misnomer "Timber Tremors" before (wonder which of the two coasters they were referring to ), and it didn't really surprise or bother me that much. I actually found it on purpose because I was curious to see if anyone had ever come up with that mistake.

But "Timber Trembler"? Really? That's surely the quirkiest misnomer I've ever seen. It's cute because it's still basically a combination of "Timber Terror" and "Tremors", but more creative than "Timber Tremors".

^^ 80s nostalgia is making a comeback...

- Transformers

- GI Joe

- Ninja Turtles

- Mega Man

- Super Mario Bros.

- Alvin and the Chipmunks

- Rocky

- Rambo

And now Karate Kid is getting the makeover treatment.

On another note, I just discovered that they're making a live-action Smurfs movie I wouldn't be surprised to see Care Bears or My Little Pony get a remake sometime soon.

And on another note, with Darkwing Duck comics and Sonic 4 coming soon (and Nick bringing back GUTS for a season), I'm starting to see the 90s come back as well.

On another note, I just discovered that they're making a live-action Smurfs movie I wouldn't be surprised to see Care Bears or My Little Pony get a remake sometime soon.

They already did that. It made Mega-Millions and won a couple oscars. I think it was named Avatar for some weird reason.

^ Funny, because a similar movie came out in *I think* the early 90s that was similar to Avatar (Ferngully) which was directed at children, with a similar plot but replace humans and blue aliens with humans and fairies.

I found out today that I wasn’t banned for 24 hours, and that was just a server error on my end. I thought it was because of something that happened in the chatroom when someone said that they would report me because I wasn’t using good grammar.

To think that I was going to forget the message boards for life.