TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Alright, I know I stayed up a little late last night, but before I did go to sleep my brother woke up crying and screaming. As a favor to my parents, I stayed up there and watched him for two hours.

What do they think I did it for? To be nice to them?

NO! My parents always jump to the "he did it to stay home from school" conclusion. You guys want me to help you guys with stuff like this don't you. Or do you want to work every single day, and every single night with a 2 year old.

Also, my brother used up all the shampoo for his stupid bubble bath that he loves to do every Sunday. I had to use what little of what I had found in the other bathroom, but I shouldn't have to do this.

I'm so freaking annoyed about my English teacher, the most sexist and discriminatory teacher ever! I seriously have a C in that class because:

A: I showed up "late" for a class. (I was doing a task for another teacher, and had a pass)

B: I don't do the extra credit right. (I've seen more worse essays and they get A's)

C: I'm a guy. (Self Explanatory.)

D: She hates me. (I have no idea what I did.)

E: I'm not in track or a cheerleader. (She's the coach of both)

To prove to the school she was sexist, we did a project. I took a girl who was willing to participate, to ask the teacher a dumb question. Her response:

Oh, well....I explained that in class. But I'll be more than happy to explain it to you!

She continues to answer that question with full enthusiasm. About a week later, I went up and asked her the EXACT same question, word for word. Her response:

Um, Austin? I obviously explained that in class. You need to learn how to listen! You obviously do not deserve to be in this honers class! You will be attending Saturday School this week!

I tried to show the tapes to the principal, but he would not believe me (honestly, I wouldn't believe it either). Thus, I had to attend Saturday School that week.

I'm done.

^Some teachers ARE just terrible.

I had one that had total favorites, spelled things wrong (she was an English teacher mind you!) and would show up late and bring her kid in with her and crap.

I started calling her out on all of these things and reporting her, and *I* got in trouble for it. Eventually you just have to let it go, no one will ever believe you over the teacher so just remind yourself that you're the better person and move on.

^ The only problem is that I'm going to have her next year too. I attend a small school, and this is her first year here. I predict as she gets more comfortable with the school, the worse she's going to get. I just hate those teachers.

BTW, thanks for responding Elissa!

I'm having the same problem as you, nln00b! But for me, it's my ICT teacher. Basically, he hates me, and his attitude shows this. I really don't know why though! Not to be big headed or blow my own trumpet but, I am a nice, courteous person who is hard working and to be quite honest, my other teachers love me (there goes my big head again but it's true)! My grades also show this and in English, I'm getting A*'s all the time a year early. Now, moving on to ICT, sure, I'm getting good grades, but my teachers' attitude towards me sucks.

E.g. 1:

We are making videos for an imaginary music company to advertise a particular artists' work. It has to be a minimum of 45 seconds long. My video was 57 seconds. When I showed him the video for him to mark, the only comment he could fire from his mouth was "What is this music? What's that coming from the speakers? Who is this person?" WHAT?!? Seriously, come on! It may not be your taste of music, but don't be so rude! Then, he had the cheek to say "How long is this? It doesn't seem long enough!" He obviously didn't have the strength in his eyes to look down and realise it was 57 seconds. When he looked at the person next to me, he was laughing and saying how good it was. Make a note that her video was 2 seconds longer than mine (just 2, yes) and he made no comment of the length AT ALL!

E.g. 2:

We had to make evidence of us using certain techniques and skills for this video. One thing he picked up on was that I didn't show evidence of cutting/trimming a video clip. I he could actually use his eyes and read the picture, he would see I did. When I showed him that I had in fact included it, he said that the picture didn't show it. I said "yes it does, read what it says." He read it, ticked it and had nothing else to say.

E.g. 3:

We had to do a storyboard for this video. By this time, it was obvious to me that he would find something to pick at that wasn't even there. I was right. He told me that I didn't include what music I was going to add. If he read the page, he would have clearly seen it and when I showed it to him, he had that horrible look on his face. Then, he told me I hadn't included the transitions. Again, he had lost all ability to use the primitive skill of reading. If he had looked at the transition box which was specially designed for noting down transitions (hopefully you are realising this persons' total ignorance) he would have seen that I had included transition. Then he said I had not included credits. I had clearly laid down two pages on his desk worth of storyboards. I told him to look at the second sheet. He looked at it, ticked it and gave me that horrible look again and asked me to sit down.

E.g. 4:

When he gives out the marking grids which tell us the grades and what we could improve on, he goes around to everybody and gives them to individuals. When he came to my one, he read out to the whole class what I had 'done wrong' (notice it wasn't a suggested improvement)! Talk about being a total a$$!

So, I hope you realise the extent of the abuse and crap I get from my ICT teacher. These are just a few examples and there are many other 'minor' ones which add to these; further degrading my spirit and make me hate ICT as a subject even more. I'm going to stop this rant now in fear I will explode trying to portray my hatred for this teacher.

-Jason10

Well, I don't know if this little thing that I wrote up a day or two should go in here or not.

Heres my thoughts on moving to Richmond.

Heres my thoughts on moving to Richmond.

POSITIVES

-In the county school system I'm in, everyone knows me for the stupid stuff I did in Elementary School & Middle School. I don't want to get into much detail into this, but I'll say that I was really unaware of a lot of stuff, and I was very behind on social skills. Even though I have ripped up most of the pages in the history book, theres still pages that people can see. (I hope you guys get this). Most of the people who make me mad, are purposely doing this, because they know that I can get angry, and snap very easily. This has been fixed some time in 2008, just about when Ashton left the site. Hmm, maybe thats what changed me for the better? I don't know? I'm just glad that I get a clean plate!

-I may have acted like I own a lot of stuff in the past, but to be honest I don't. Even, with the stuff I do own. Most of it I can give away. From my old broken dresser, to my bookless book shelf, that serves as a lamp holder. With my room being big, I have a lot of unneeded space in my room, and this will be fixed next year. My new room will be a bit smaller, which is very good!. I can get ride of the book shelf, and dresser because the room (like mine) has built in shelfs on the walls, there just a bit taller, and they don't go around the whole room. (hmm, wonder if the cats will sleep on them?). My room also faces the back-yard window, so I won't have to worry about having my blinds down all the time. =D

-Our house is going to have trees in the back-yard, and a big deck with canopy thing over it, this means there will be a lot of shade on it. That really just means that the backyard is shaded, and I wont have to take care of the lawn every other week. The front yard is on a steep slope though, but thats not as big of a concern, because its a pretty small front yard.

-Alright, this is whats getting me excited. I mean really, really excited. For those who've been to Richmond before, and know of the Short Pump area. I'm going to be in walking distance of all if it. The mall, the wall mart, the movie theater, the nice fancy exon, the gamespots, the pet stores, and the everything else! There will be two areas that I can go too though. One of the areas is quite small compared to the other one. This area contains a Ukrops,Gym, Wendys, Hollywood Video, Dollar Tree(my gift shop for others!), and Subway, and thats just right behind my new neighborhood (literally). The other area, which holds the mall, movie theater, wallmart, and pet stores is almost two miles walking distance away. I really don't care, sense thats how long it takes for me to walk to some of my friends houses!Also,while on the subject on distance from stores. I'm going to be just about 20 minutes south of Kings Dominion (hmm, KD is now north. How odd) This is lot closer than where I am now. Also, Virginia Beach, Willumsburg, and everything else in that area are going to be 30-60 minutes away.

-My new school, has a tennis team for boys. I can play tennis, probably the best sport a school offers that I can play well.

-I live in a good part of Richmond, and I get to go to one of the best schools in the state (even my school agrees). We also get our own laptops!

NEGATIVES

-With the whole thing about me starting off new, theres still some "old me" in me thats probably going to go un noticed. I can just see it happening. I go to school, some kid makes me mad for a period of time. Then, one day I will have a bad day, and I will just snap. I don't get into fights or anything, but I get really mad that no one wants to be in 20ft from me. If this does happen, then it happens. However, I do not want it to happen, and it probably won't.

-I'll have to use the stupid cell phone more than I want too, because we may get the home phone cut off when we move. All my friends are text happy people, while I'm ok with that. I really don't like texting. I'd rather stick with programs like Aim & Skype, or even CALLING the person????

-We have to get ride of 3/6 pets because there is a pet fee, and its pretty pricey. Where giving away two Chihuahuas(dogs), and 1 russian blue(cat) for free. If you are intrested let me know, and you can have the pet for free.

-I'm terrible at meeting new people. I really am! If someone comes up to me, and wants to be my friend, its pretty easy. If nobody will, I would just stay away from anyone, the best I can. I'll tell you this, I can become friends a lot quicker with some coaster-geek who lives in England, faster than someone who lives across the street. If you want to know why its hard to meet people in real life and become friends with other people. Its because so many of my "friends" are nothing but back-stabbers. I have little to no trust with people, and it would take a while before I give someone I meet off the internet the same kind of respect I give Robbie or Jeremie. If I make no sense in this, I'm sorry. Just know that it takes me a while before I use the word friend on someone off-net.

-I have stitches in my eye from something that happened in Kings Dominion. I'm going to have to explain it to everyone and everyone, won't I?

Well, I hope someone responds to this. PLEASE!

POSITIVES

-In the county school system I'm in, everyone knows me for the stupid stuff I did in Elementary School & Middle School. I don't want to get into much detail into this, but I'll say that I was really unaware of a lot of stuff, and I was very behind on social skills. Even though I have ripped up most of the pages in the history book, theres still pages that people can see. (I hope you guys get this). Most of the people who make me mad, are purposely doing this, because they know that I can get angry, and snap very easily. This has been fixed some time in 2008, just about when Ashton left the site. Hmm, maybe thats what changed me for the better? I don't know? I'm just glad that I get a clean plate!

-I may have acted like I own a lot of stuff in the past, but to be honest I don't. Even, with the stuff I do own. Most of it I can give away. From my old broken dresser, to my bookless book shelf, that serves as a lamp holder. With my room being big, I have a lot of unneeded space in my room, and this will be fixed next year. My new room will be a bit smaller, which is very good!. I can get ride of the book shelf, and dresser because the room (like mine) has built in shelfs on the walls, there just a bit taller, and they don't go around the whole room. (hmm, wonder if the cats will sleep on them?). My room also faces the back-yard window, so I won't have to worry about having my blinds down all the time. =D

-Our house is going to have trees in the back-yard, and a big deck with canopy thing over it, this means there will be a lot of shade on it. That really just means that the backyard is shaded, and I wont have to take care of the lawn every other week. The front yard is on a steep slope though, but thats not as big of a concern, because its a pretty small front yard.

-Alright, this is whats getting me excited. I mean really, really excited. For those who've been to Richmond before, and know of the Short Pump area. I'm going to be in walking distance of all if it. The mall, the wall mart, the movie theater, the nice fancy exon, the gamespots, the pet stores, and the everything else! There will be two areas that I can go too though. One of the areas is quite small compared to the other one. This area contains a Ukrops,Gym, Wendys, Hollywood Video, Dollar Tree(my gift shop for others!), and Subway, and thats just right behind my new neighborhood (literally). The other area, which holds the mall, movie theater, wallmart, and pet stores is almost two miles walking distance away. I really don't care, sense thats how long it takes for me to walk to some of my friends houses!Also,while on the subject on distance from stores. I'm going to be just about 20 minutes south of Kings Dominion (hmm, KD is now north. How odd) This is lot closer than where I am now. Also, Virginia Beach, Willumsburg, and everything else in that area are going to be 30-60 minutes away.

-My new school, has a tennis team for boys. I can play tennis, probably the best sport a school offers that I can play well.

-I live in a good part of Richmond, and I get to go to one of the best schools in the state (even my school agrees). We also get our own laptops!

NEGATIVES

-With the whole thing about me starting off new, theres still some "old me" in me thats probably going to go un noticed. I can just see it happening. I go to school, some kid makes me mad for a period of time. Then, one day I will have a bad day, and I will just snap. I don't get into fights or anything, but I get really mad that no one wants to be in 20ft from me. If this does happen, then it happens. However, I do not want it to happen, and it probably won't.

-I'll have to use the stupid cell phone more than I want too, because we may get the home phone cut off when we move. All my friends are text happy people, while I'm ok with that. I really don't like texting. I'd rather stick with programs like Aim & Skype, or even CALLING the person????

-We have to get ride of 3/6 pets because there is a pet fee, and its pretty pricey. Where giving away two Chihuahuas(dogs), and 1 russian blue(cat) for free. If you are interested let me know, and you can have the pet for free.

-I'm terrible at meeting new people. I really am! If someone comes up to me, and wants to be my friend, its pretty easy. If nobody will, I would just stay away from anyone, the best I can. I'll tell you this, I can become friends a lot quicker with some coaster-geek who lives in England, faster than someone who lives across the street. If you want to know why its hard to meet people in real life and become friends with other people. Its because so many of my "friends" are nothing but back-stabbers. I have little to no trust with people, and it would take a while before I give someone I meet off the internet the same kind of respect I give Robbie or Jeremie. If I make no sense in this, I'm sorry. Just know that it takes me a while before I use the word friend on someone off-net.

-I have stitches in my eye from something that happened in Kings Dominion. I'm going to have to explain it to everyone and everyone, won't I?

Yeah, theres more on the bright side on this one, but you know what they say " Every 1 negative acts like 1000"

Rant du jour #1: When people don't put a space before something in parentheses. Example: This(and that).

Rant du jour #2: The term "app." I know it's short for "application," but I'm just tired of hearing it. Apparently everything nowadays is an app itself or has one available.

Eric

Here's a pet peeve of mine! When people suddenly launch into a different language for just one word that is foreign! Here's a scenario:

My friend has just been to France and he came back saying where he had been. He says 'I went to *Parhy* and I saw the *arkkkkkk de trhhheeomfffffffff* and went up the *eifelllll tower*. It's like, oh shut up. Just say you went to Paris and saw the Arc de Triumph and don't be so pompus about it!

'Celebrity' chefs are also really bad for this! I saw one the other day and this really snooty lady was making some Italian dish. She was talking normally and fine explaining her dish and then she ruined it by suddenly going all Italian on me and said 'tagliatelle' in some stupid, fake Italian accent and carried on in english! YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT! Just say it in your own damn accent and stop trying to be a snooty, know it all b*tch.

End rant.

^Do you know what I get to see the most, on the internet & off-net? I get to see Japanese mixed in with English. Most of the time these people are obsessed with Anime, and only like the language because its from the country where Anime comes from.

Also, just going to throw in a little plug for something I was going to rant about.

http://www.storm-artists.net/view/77875

^If you love Lady Gaga, YOU WILL LOVE THIS

My brother gets really worked up over the 360 when he goes on, and in a result it has been taken off him...and me?! can I ask what I did?!

He has also found out how to access my steam account and went on COD6. Needless to say my nickname is now Michael Jackson and I had a message off steam telling me to change it or my account will be banned.

I hate 10 year olds.

I tried to show the tapes to the principal, but he would not believe me (honestly, I wouldn't believe it either). Thus, I had to attend Saturday School that week.

I'm done.

Saturday school for asking a question, that is harsh and I would try to find a way to complain.I had a situation like that when I was in High School.Teacher was simply a disaster, granted she had no problems with me personally, but just a terrible teacher. Now in that case she was in her first year so I had a bit more leverage. Furthermore I knew the correct people to talk to about her problems. Needless to say she was not brought back the next year.

^That really sucks.

I had a teacher last year who would threaten me with suspension, and even expulsion because I would where an AC/DC shirt, or a Metallica shirt.

That teacher also gave my sister a detention (she isn't in her class), because she was late for class, when she had a pass. She did not give a detention out to her friend who was with her, though.

I have no idea what I did wrong. Maybe its just that this teacher doesn't like me or my family. I really don't know, and I really don't care. You want to know why? Because I'm moving to Richmond!

Also, another rant.

I feel bad that I've been slacking off in my posts.

This is kind of my fault, because all the other sites I'm an active member at the moment are care free on the grammar and spelling of a posts. I thank larrygator for sending me a message, pointing this out. Otherwise I would of probably ignored it, and be hit hard with the ban hammer

From this point on, I'm going to double, no wait TRIPLE check my posts. Just so this won't happen again!

Thank you for reading my two little rants.

-Matt

^ You're young, so it's better you learn about proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation now. When you're trying to find a job, your resume and cover letter had better be absolutely perfect. When you're in competition with others for a job, it is essential to win the position; once you land the job it is essential to keep the position. No one's perfect (nor am I), but being the very best you can be will pay off.

The websites that don't care about this are only contributing to the problem. For whatever reason, students aren't having this taught or reinforced during the course of their education.

Eric

The websites that don't care about this are only contributing to the problem. For whatever reason, students aren't having this taught or reinforced during the course of their education.

If I were to rant (don't feel like it right now), I would rant about this.

No one can convince me that spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and other writing skills are unimportant.

Although I try to keep my mouth shut (fingers still?) in order to avoid backseat moderating or going off-topic, this isn't the first time I've mentioned this, and I'm guessing it won't be the last.

(Note: I realize I may commit minor/obscure errors that no one cares about!)

So today I brought my beloved Club TPR pen to school, and I loved how well it attracted the chicks. But after lunch I notice an empty void in my soul. The pen was GONE. I ran back to the lunch room but I was to late, they had already cleaned the floors and there was no one in sight.

Sexy Pen- R.I.P.

So today I brought my beloved Club TPR pen to school, and I loved how well it attracted the chicks. But after lunch I notice an empty void in my soul. The pen was GONE. I ran back to the lunch room but I was to late, they had already cleaned the floors and there was no one in sight.

Sexy Pen- R.I.P.

Seriously, I've had the coveted pen for one week, and I can recall at least 10 times where I'd *thought* that I had lost it. Luckily, Theresa, yes that is her name, is still alive and well. It's a great pen too, from the moment that I first used it it worked perfectly and hasn't failed yet!

I hate having mental problems in the head, I really do

Because I got to deal with someone who I thought was my friend. However once he found out I have Asperger syndromes, he kept on calling me crap like "gods mistake" and other stuff that I don't need to say. I mean, really is it fair to judge one person based on something they can not alter.

Just makes me mad that there a people out there like this.

-Matt

How about I got off work today at 7am and got home by 7:10am. I then realized I forgot to get breakfast so I dropped of my laptop bag and headed right back out. As I approach my beautiful 06' Pontiac Grand Prix, I happened to notice that some one scrapped the side of my car, just under the gas cap door. Whoever did it must of had a YELLOW vehicle!! My car is Beige, but the yellow scuffs really stands out and by no means is the scuff little...of course the person didn't leave their information, Uggh!!