TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I realize every job will have this but I'm tired of lazy workers. I mean I thought I was lazy till I started working at CVS. Even the managers half ass everything they do and it drives me crazy. Customers always complain that we dont carry a product and want it ordered. The manager says ok he will do it but months later whatever the product is it never comes in. The other employees are worse about being lazy. I'm there checking people out today when I notice there are at least 5 or 6 people in my line. I call for the next available checker and this older man who works with me comes over. The line wasn't long enough for him apparently because he took one look and turned around. He's really rude and when he does check he walks up to the front at a snails pace! All the customers complain and yet the managers dont say a word to him! It drives me crazy. I know I'm not great but I do work hard and try to be fast.

The economy being bad causing me not to be able to get a job in my field even though I have a Bachelors. Which in turn is making me stay at a job I hate because of the way it is run.

Like today, someone who always makes mistakes and everyone in the building knows about it, made a mistake that caused a two month delay on something. The managers don't do anything about it, they just try to put it on other people and say it is no big deal.

^ My daughter (known as Penelope Pitstop when she drives) is heading down that same path. Her usual speed on the freeway is 70-75. But she already knows that any tickets she gets are 100% her responsibility.

Eric

I CAN'T STAND the new Youtube Layout. First off, it looks really freaking ugly. Second off, after I watch a video and want to search for another video, it won't leave the video I was watching, The page just splits off and shows the video results on half the page. Then you can't even click the links to see the new videos as they're all duds. And to make it worse, as soon as I do this, the Youtube Page just freezes up so I can't do anything and it screws up my tabs as well, so I am forced to close not only the Youtube Page, but all my other tabs which is very frustrating when you have other stuff loading and then have to start over again because Youtube f*cks it up.

Today was the last day at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland with my school.

It was pretty much the greatest field trip I've ever been on. We saw Pride and Prejudice, Hamlet, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, and Well. And I just didn't want the trip to end.

And now I have 3 days of homework to make up.

Grades in school. I hate when dumbasses brag about how they got an "A+" just because they filled in wrong answers on their homework to get it done, and then flunked the test. They just get so much homework that the homework becomes the grade. Test grades aren't worth enough. I'm known by everyone as one of the smarter kids in school (honors, ace like 95% of my tests), yet I still have C's just because I forgot to do a couple of homework assignments. Grades in NO WAY reflect any measure of intelligence. At ALL.

We are not doing great financially says my Dad, so we need to make cutbacks. That'sd fine, I get it, but he's pissed all the time, and were in no dire situation. He is the CEO and head doctor of Mariners Physical Therapy, which does quite well. We live in Irvine, which is constantly rateds as one of the top cities in America, which I am assuming makes it more expensive. He drives an Audi, my mom drives a Chevy Tahoe, I drive a Toyota Highlander, my sisters drive a Scion. He does not need to be pissed when we are CLEARLY doing fine. He has not been laid off or anything like that, and he just got a second Mariners Physical Therapy opened. I am fine with cutbacks, but that does not mean he needs to be pissed. I am typing on one of our 5 computers right now, including three laptops. WE ARE DOING FINE!

^ Of course, I don't know your exact situation, but it sounds like your dad is just being cautious about spending money, given the tough times out there. It would help if he cooled his temper, though. That doesn't help.

In our household, the girls would spend us out of house and home if I didn't keep the finances in check and put limits on them. They don't like it, but...too bad.

Eric

^ In my opinion, anyone who is going to teach or train people should have some degree of communication skills. One person I worked with on one job used to end way too many sentences with "...and stuff like that." (That phrase annoys me anyway, and I'm hearing it more and more. It's the "you know" of the 21st Century.)

Eric

The SkullCandy headphones I bought myself at Christmas are already broken. For there to be any sound I have to hold the wire in a precise position, or else it's just low vocals and quiet music.

For the price you pay for their brand I'd expect a better quality product. Thank God for their warranty.

This rant is pretty much what I wanted to say. There is no sense in re-writing it ,so I thought I would post a link to it.

As for my own rant.

Moving sucks!

I will be living 1 hour down south(In Richmond) pretty soon. What sucks is that its going to be right at the end of the school year, so I will not know anyone who lives down there. For the first 3 months, It will be pretty lonely!

However, Kings Dominion is 15 mins outside of the area where looking at. Theres a big shopping area with a mall, movie theater, and a bunch of other stuff right outside the area where looking out.

-Matt

Ok so I just wanted to rant about one of my biggest pet peeves..... bad drivers!!! So i don't claim to be the best driver in the world or anything but a few things people do while driving just piss me off. Here's a list of a few that I can think of.

1. Slow drivers in the fast lane and fast drivers in the slow lane

2. I hate it when people put on there breaks while going down hill. Especially when no one is even remotely close to them!

3. When someone changes lanes last minute! Especially if its to take an exit and they run me off the road.

4. People who don't know how to merge and they almost cause an accident or slow the traffic down

5. tail gators!!!

6. People who cut in front of me! Especially if they don't use their turn signal to let me know they want over. I've honked at quite a few douche bags for that.

Ok my bad driver rant/list is over.

^ I *hate* it when people don't use turn signals. It's not like it requires much effort! And tailgaters drive me crazy, especially when I'm already going far enough over the speed limit. You don't need to go 65 in a 40 mph zone people! I think I would hate driving a lot less if more people attempted to follow the rules.

So I'm pretty pissed at my friends right now.

Ever since they unwillingly moved from first to second lunch at my school, leaving me, they've been keeping me in the dark about everything. And when I do get to talk to them, they're complaining about me and my girlfriend now being enough of a "couple". This is because we're not hugging and all over each other every second of the day, which is their opinion of a real relationship.

And to top it all off, they almost completely turned their backs on me over a stupid misunderstanding. See, they thought I lied to find out about this dumb inside joke, and for about an hour over AIM didn't trust a single thing I said. I was just saying that I had no idea what they're talking about, and maybe if they told me what it was I might be able to tell them the truth, but they were all "no, you're lying. you always lie to get what you want." It all ended up being caused by one person exaggerating something, and a bunch of false assumptions followed.

But these friends are pretty much all I've got right now, besides my girl. I don't know what to do, they've been fine up to this point.

^ I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are. All of my friends act like total strangers to me now. The only real difference between our situations is that I don't have a girlfriend. I lost her due to drama caused by some idiot friend of mine's wall post on Facebook. Now I feel like there's nothing nothing I can do but swallow my medication that I have to take because of my lonely life and move on.

People who fill their drinks at self-service soda fountains and then just...stand there. Y'think anyone else might like to fill their cups. Even more fun is when they say, "Did you want to get in here?" Nope, I just wanted to stand there holding an empty cup...

Or the ones who have to fill the cups of everyone in their party. How is one person going to carry five drinks without one of those drink carrier thingies---which they never seem to have? I've seen people make two trips, and they leave some of the filled drinks (often with no lids on them yet) sitting there so they can come back. Why don't a couple of people in their party do the drink filling or let each one fend for himself?

I've actually had a couple of experiences where someone does BOTH of what I mentioned here.

Eric

Eric, that gets to me as well! I've noticed that people have a tendency to just "chill" in front of soda fountains and talk. It really amazes me how often people are completely unaware of what is around them.

One peeve of mine is people who take too long to order food at fast food restaurants. Now......I fully understand that people have questions, etc. Often, when I go out to eat, I am unsure of what I want. What I do is stand back and look at the overhead menu, before getting in line. There are places I eat, where it feels like the customers are finalizing a car deal.

Don't you hate it when everyone thinks you have to be in a relationship at your school, and if you don't want one then that makes you *insert a bunch of words here*.

I'm going to be honest, I want to stay away from any kind of strong relationship with another person. Why can't people understand that without questioning which gender I prefer? Besides, I would rather focus on something more important right now.(Education)

Can anyone else say that they don't/didn't care about this when they were in High School?

-Matt

^ Oh, high school. I can totally relate. It's really annoying when people think you're less a person than you are just because you can't find a companion. But I'd rather find someone that I truly love than use someone merely as an 'accessory'... the right person just hasn't come along yet. You're a stronger person for not choosing to fit the 'mold' that is given to you once you enter high school... even middle school nowadays.

But yeah, I totally feel you, man!

The new TV I bought myself on Black Friday has decided to make enemies with me.

Awhile back when I went to play PS3, the TV showed a "No Signal" message, even though it had been working fine for weeks. I thought "no big deal" and switched the HDMI cable from port 3 to port 1. Problem solved.

Now after being in port 1 for a few weeks, I'm getting the same "No Signal" message on the TV, even though I had played my PS3 around an hour before and shut it off for dinner. I've tried switching the cable back to port 3, but still get the "no Signal" message. I'm really scared to move the cable to port 2, because if that one decides to go (and right now, it seems like the odds are against me), then I won't have any working HDMI ports left.

How the hell can a TV only a few months old already do this? Right now my TV, PS3, and power bar all have their power turned off, and I'm hoping they all work tomorrow...or the company is going to be getting an earful from me.

I realize this isn't much of a rant, but it pisses me off that a TV I paid $450 of my hard earned money for not even a year ago is already acting up.