TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Well my RA duties are to make sure all the freshman make smart choices, and if they make stupid ones, to go do them somewhere else. I also do programs for community building and encourage studying. The usual...

Now, of course she is a good girl haha, so I don't have to worry about every writing her up. But university protocol is that I would no longer be able to write her up (or not write her up), because it would be biased. So to eliminate that biased, I move out or she moves out, and they don't move RAs' around. So it is just an obvious pain to her, something I don't want to necessarily put her through.

Do I sneak it and potentially lie and lose my job?

My computer mouse's scroll wheel is acting up. It scrolls UP just fine, but not DOWN. I cleaned it out as well as I could and it still acts that way. It's a Logitech, but a cheapie one anyway, so it's time for a new mouse.

Eric

^You know whats good about being a computer geek, you always have 5 different mouses, mics, keyboards, etc.

Heres a short rant, and I think everyone agrees with me on this one.

Animal Abusers. Please, just stop. Unless the thing is threating your life, or another's.(highly unlikely) You have no right to neglect, or beat your pets. Really heres all you need to do.

-Feed it

-Water it

-Make sure it has a clean environment

-Love it.

-Take it to a vet every know and then

Is it really that hard to follow the basic steps?

-Matt

It seems my computer got a virus.

I got back from Christmas vacation and when I turned my computer on it started acting up, looking around for various settings to restore. When I restarted, Windows couldn't start because the System file was "missing or corrupt", and it's been that way since.

I've heard about how many viruses add a certain value to the startup registry so that the virus runs when you start Windows, perhaps that's what happened.

I'm trying to find the Windows software disk, it says I can attempt to repair the file with it...God I hope I don't have to reformat the hard drive, because I've got some files on there I REALLY don't want to lose...

Now I could upgrade to Windows 7, but that'll cost me quite a bit of money out of my savings for IntimidaTour...money that I'm not sure I can spare since the second deposit of $750 is coming up in a couple months.

I'm typing this from my laptop...thank god I still have that!

Okay, first of all, not everyone is in a "perfect" mood all the time. Sometimes people act just nicely and politely enough to get by, without being "exemplary" or going out of their way.

Second, not everybody can do something in the "perfect" way. Maybe they need more practice, or maybe they mistakenly think another way is better. Maybe they're forced to make decisions that aren't ideal because they're trying to be quick.

So I think it would make sense that automatically expecting everything to be exactly like you want it to be is not really reasonable. It could happen most of the time, but a rare and relatively minor exception should seem understandable.

Now, let's think of some positive ways to handle situations where something isn't done "perfectly".

--Just accept and forget it. Seriously, you'll be surprised at how little you care after you're out of the heat of the moment. Now aren't you glad you didn't voice your complaints out loud? After all, it wasn't worth it.

--Be polite to the person who caused the problem, so you can make fun of them later without feeling guilty. I've done this SO many times myself. It really works. Sure, you may have been inconvenienced slightly, but instead of getting mad about that, why not just joke about how dumb the person had to be in order to cause that? You're basically trading one emotion (anger) for another, more positive and benign one (amusement).

--Pretend the person is stupid/oblivious, in a nice way. "I'm sure you didn't think of this, but it would help if..." Maybe they really didn't think of it, or maybe they didn't think you would see it as a problem. If you tell them, you'll give them a chance to apologize and maybe even start to help solve the problem personally.

--State the problem in a polite, friendly manner. Doing this can provoke the person to start apologizing and helping to solve the problem, which in turn will make you feel better because you've affirmed your conflict resolution skills.

In conclusion, it is not helpful to have an "attitude". It is helpful to be polite no matter what happens. It makes you look better and it may motivate the other person to be more polite in response than they would've been if you were rude.

I have this friend who I was pretty much in love with (as I've said many times in this thread), and last week she told me something (over text of course). While she doesn't like me right now, (she likes my other friend who she used to constantly be annoyed with and kinda hate...at least it'll be funny to watch ) she said that she's stupid because, "I feel like in 12th grade, you'll have a girlfriend and I'll realize that I'm in love with you and be sad. It might not happen. But it probably will."

Now that's a major mistake on 2 parts:

1) If she realizes that she realizes she's going to "fall in love with me," why can't she cut out one of the realizes and realize she's in love with me?

2) It gives me hope that she could like me, which is the last thing I need right now since I finally managed to get over her.

I honestly can't wait till high school ends, maybe college will be better, and my adult life in Colorado will be perfect.

^If you have gotten over her, don't be tempted to get drawn back in. I have made that mistake too many times. Idk if it is just here or what, but the girls where I am like to tease and flirt and don't care about anyone. So I plan to stay single as long as possible and not get into a relationship anymore. I just started college and they are not any better, they are uglier and just as mean. That is why I am think of moving somewhere like CA, CO, NV or Australia(no more coaster excursions) and getting out of GA.

I hate people that abuse your trust! I have been doing some coding for people and they say they pay and I do the coding really quick and turns out they did not pay. Why do some people feel the need to lie and rip people off?!

I think I need to play some xbox and let off some steam.

Apparently, my teacher is not only thinking that I'm hitting on the girl, but he also thinks that I'm a creepy pervert as well as that I have been abusive to her in the past and that I need to "knock it off" or else there will be serious consequences when ALL that I did was go outside to discuss something about that stupid project. When the f*ck will this stupid madness end!!!!?

My computer mouse's scroll wheel is acting up. It scrolls UP just fine, but not DOWN. I cleaned it out as well as I could and it still acts that way. It's a Logitech, but a cheapie one anyway, so it's time for a new mouse.

Eric

Lol my cousin's mouse wheel does that too, it's really annoying. Also the volume knob on my keyboard, and the volume knob for the radio in my car...I think someone needs to invent a better knob/wheel. It seems like a comon problem

Apparently, my teacher is not only thinking that I'm hitting on the girl, but he also thinks that I'm a creepy pervert as well as that I have been abusive to her in the past and that I need to "knock it off" or else there will be serious consequences when ALL that I did was go outside to discuss something about that stupid project. When the f*ck will this stupid madness end!!!!?

Why does he think that??

I hate that my school doesn't offer any second-year housing. I realize a lot of schools, especially in CA, don't, but out of all my friends at home, I'm the only one with this problem. I know I would have had to get an apartment eventually, but I really would have liked to have the option to wait another year (when I would have been more mature and comfortable with the area), because it's really stressing me out now.