TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

UGH!!! I know what you mean...tonight we're getting snow that isn't going to stop until Thursday midday--well I have to work all this week..so now I'm thinking that unless I stay in town (motel) that I won't make it to work at all this week..they're calling for an icy mix from Wednesday through Thursday..and of course the days that I'm off, it does nothing!!!!

Weather man just said Blizzard Warning--freezing rain--yippie!

^ and ^^

You should move to the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (Williamsburg, Newport News, VA Beach, Norfolk), which almost never gets snow, and when it does snow, it's almost always a dusting. The Nor-easter that supposedly pummeled the Northeast with a few feet gave us around 2 cm. The last "good" snow we got was around 2 inches last year, which happened during MY Spring Break and before that it was around a 2 feet in 2004.

However even when it's less than an inch, schools will still be delayed two hours and traffic will be a 2 living nightmares compared to the 1 living nightmare it normally is. Schools close around an inch.

In fact, all the natural disasters we get are weak...

I totally loathe Christmas, so I usually keep to myself. Outside my room, my roommates are playing Christmas music and the such. No big problem there, as I was online speaking to one of my friends from overseas and working on some promo images of a product I'm going to sell. Anyway, I decided to take nap around 8pm... and didn't wake up until almost 3am.

I wake up and find that they tried to turn off my power and unplug my wireless router in an effort to come out and celebrate... you know watch them with their boyfriends and husbands and I'm the odd man out... I just spent 20 minutes fixing my connection because my wireless card acts funny and I have to constantly reset it in Windows to get the card to act right when the connection goes down.

So they get to see me explode tomorrow when they open their presents to show them not to f%ck with me when I'm not in the Christmas mood.

Terry

^I went off this morning and told them to try that again next year and watch me knock down the tree.

I love the "deer in the headlight" looks I get when I raise my voice. I made their christmas morning very uncomfortable. Bet they won't try that again.

But I think next year, I'm just checking into an extended stay hotel for christmas until they get that 'cheer' crap out of their system.

Oh, but here's my rant for the week...

We had a meeting with a client over my system change proposal... she said (in a backwoods accent) that my proposal was too technical and she wanted it in more layman's terms... which would have been fine until she said I had random capitalizations in my document... so I wondered what the heck she was talking about until I realized that my "random capitalizations" name a specific item and should be capitalized regardless of the place in a sentence. You know what that is? (The english majors and proofreaders should know)

It's a called a proper noun.

I just sat on the other end of the phone with my jaw dropped. This dumb you-know-what is showing her ignorance and making it seem like I don't know what I'm doing.

Anyway she wants to make "revisions" to the document and asked if I had any questions.

I said "You make those revisions, then I'm sure I'll have questions."

It got quiet on the phone for a second.

My boss wants to be the buffer between me and the client. I said I'll let him because I can't find the right way of saying she needs to brush up on her English if she thinks I'm randomly putting capitals in a business document.

Whether Obama is a great president or not, why is it that all anyone can do is complain about him?!?! I texted my dad to tell him I'm in Washington D.C. and he told me to tell Obama to lower his taxes because they're so high.

... If I DID meet Obama, I would thank him. Why? Because of him, my mom has a job. THAT is worth thanking someone for.

Terry, does your client happen to be from backwoods Wisconsin? Today at Panera (in Wisconsin) I had this lady in front of me taking her sweet time at the soda machine. She kept hitting the ice button and nothing was coming out. The following conversation took place as I was gathering lids, straws and napkins.

Me: It looks like there is no more ice.

Lady: Oh I guess there isn't!

Me: Well when the machine is empty ice doesn't come out. I'm not sure why you had to keep hitting the button. If ice didn't come out the first time, what makes you think it will come out two seconds later?

She got a little huffy and left.

BTW, I'm not making fun of everyone from Wisconsin, it's just that a majority of them don't know how to drive and well the above conversation is a perfect example of the lack of common sense I've experienced. I could boycott the whole state, but I refuse because IL is lame and the closest Qdoba is in WI.

^ You can't boycott Wisconsin---think of the cheese!

But it does annoy me when people fill their cups at self-serve soda fountains, then just stand there sipping and waiting. Then put a little more soda in. And stand. And sip. And then...they notice you and say, "Oh, I'm sorry, did you need to get in here?" Nope. I just want to stand here all day with an empty cup in my hand...

Eric

^

Normally in situations like that and the one I encountered yesterday, I really wouldn't say anything. But I guess I just wanted to point out something that was so obvious to her (or should have been).

Oh, and since when did California have happy cows? I thought all happy cows came from Wisconsin. They are the cheese state after all.

Everybody forgot my birthday yesterday

Did even your parents forget? If not, then I got you beat. My mom called two days later asking for money and my now ex-friend, who is a doctor had the nerve to have his office manager call me to ask if I could come down to the office early so I can clean a virus off of his network. And he wasn't going to give me a break on the deductible or visit! I told her to call the "Geek Squad" and cancelled my appointment.

That's one of the reasons I changed my number and didn't give out the new one.

The Rev died!

HUNTINGTON BEACH James Owen Sullivan, a drummer and backup vocalist for the Southern California band Avenged Sevenfold, was found dead at his home on Monday, authorities have confirmed.

Sullivan, who went by the stage name The Rev, appears to have died of natural causes, Huntington Beach police Lt. John Domingo said. Police were notified by firefighters who had responded to Sullivan's home about 1 p.m.

Sullivan was 28. The Orange County Coroner's Office is investigating the death.

Avenged Sevenfold formed in Huntington Beach in 1999. Sullivan was a member from the beginning.

Since then, the five-man group has put out four albums and won Best New Artist at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2006. The group's self-titled fourth album hit No. 4 on the Billboard 200 chart in 2007. According to a message posted by Zacky Vengeance on the band's MySpace page, the group was hard a work on a fifth album.

By Monday evening, whispers about Sullivan's death had spread to the band's fan sites on the Internet, which quickly filled with messages of condolence.

Cashed in some free movie tickets I got for Christmas. My family went to see "The Blind Side" while I went to see "The Princess and the Frog" (BTW Both are really awesome movies).

My mom criticized me and said that "I should start watching more adult movies. The Princess and the Frog is a kids movie. You're too old for kids movie. People will think you're still a kid."

This isn't the only instance where she criticizes me. She doesn't want me to go into Disney Imagineering because 'people will see me as a kid'. She doesn't want me telling everybody that I'm a roller coaster enthusiast because 'people will see me as a kid'.

Really...I don't care what others say about me. And I constantly tell her this, but she seems to conveniently forget the next day. I'm not ashamed on who I am, but she doesn't seem to get the message.

My over-protective parents who banned many things from my life have now decided to ban online gaming. I was playing Half-Life 2 Deathmatch and some stupid guy was cussing for no reason as my Mom decided to sit down and watch me play. So there goes one more fun thing from my life.

It also seems like everytime she comes into a room some bad thing happens. I will be watching a good TV show or something then right when something "R-rated" happens she walks into the room. I don't know how she does it!!!

Well, there's a load off my mind...

^Oh by the way, Lady GaGa is not God, she is however Michael Jackson.