TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

HR knew we did nothing wrong so we weren't close to getting into any trouble, it was just sad that we had to sit there and deal with all of that for something childish.

^ It wasn't me being cussed at, it was my friend, he can report her if he wants to. I actually just made it in there and just started to discuss it with them right before she walked in. I'm just planning on simply wearing some black and silver somewhere in my wardrobe tomorrow*

* Before someone blasts me, I am actually not going to do that, but I would love to.

Today I tried ordering presale tickets for an Our Lady Peace concert for me and my cousin. Only thing is that he's in a wheelchair and we'd need accessible seats. Well, Ticketmaster doesn't sell those kind of tickets online, so I called them to place my order. After 15min of being on hold they told me they don't sell accessible seating and I'd have to call the venue. After another 10min on hold, I got through to them and was told they can't sell me presale tickets because that's run through Ticketmaster and to take it up with them. After another 15min on hold I got back through and was told accessible seating isn't released with the presale tickets. I asked why and all they could tell me is that it wouldn't make a difference. I asked how it is fair that people that require special seating should have to risk not getting tickets at all because they'd have to call in on the day tickets go on sale and wait to get through. Again, all they told me was that it wouldn't make a difference.

I'm pissed off. If I don't get tickets tomorrow when I call in I will be sending letters to newspapers and stations to let them know of Ticketmaster's screw-handicap people policy.

I already e-mailed the radio station that runs the presale to let them know how people are being excluded from it.

My Itunes is not opening. I just keep getting a message saying it won't open. Now my computer had to be reseted/rebooted a while ago since it crashed, but I decided to reinstall Itunes so I could re-add more songs. The default Itunes popped up, but when I was downloading the newer version (as required), it said it couldn't open because the Quick Time wasn't working right I tried everything to fix it by downloading the new version of Quick Time. That gives me the same message as the Itunes. So when I downloaded it again, it had an option to repair. I clicked that and it said the repair was complete. After restarting my computer, both Itunes and Quick Time still won't open up. I tried everything and still nothing. This is really irritating me.

- Chain letters and annoying advertising - I'm sick and tired of seeing chain letters everywhere I go. They were bad enough on every single other social media site I frequent and now they're on Facebook? Geez...

- Also my CD drive for my dinosaur of a laptop stopped working and can't read anything. Looks like I'm gonna need to find a replacement, if they still make drives for the computer I use.

Lets go down the annoying stuff, I deal with for 5 days of the week.

-People who think coughing and sneezing is the nastyiest thing in the world, and need to make comments and faces about how it is. (even when using a tissue)

-People who cant except others opinions. I have dealt with so many people who had to defend there opinion. Most of the time they just say "Well You should like it because I do" or "How can you not like it". I've lost a freind over a situation like this, because I said "I despise Sojua Boy, Lady Gaga, and Lil' Wayne".

-People who are too noisy. Yes, I will admit that I draw in class if I have time, but I've put a stop to that because every one needs to know what I'm drawing. It gets really annoying when everyone hovers over me to see what I'm doing.

-Kids who go the school, but dont bother to do anything but sit there in the corner, chewing bubble gum, while ignoring the teacher.

Now, after reading the rants, it

"ANGRY story time"

I want to get this out there, because this right here is the #1 thing that has pissed me.

This person helped me go through my depression last year, and is just a real jerk!

His name is Tyler, he has to have his opinion on EVERYTHING. From shirts to music, to backpacks to computers. He always disagrees with me and when he does he trys to act like I'm wrong. Whenever I try to tell him hes wrong. He goes like "I don't care" or "Your retarded, you have no idea what your talking about".

He also insults EVERYTHING with gay. "thats gay", "your gay", and "why so gay?". Even when someone who was gay comfrontied him, he kicked him in his nuts, and said crap that I cant even say on here.

This guy is really annoying, and just wants me to do stuff

/rants

-People who are too noisy. Yes, I will admit that I draw in class if I have time, but I've put a stop to that because every one needs to know what I'm drawing. It gets really annoying when everyone hovers over me to see what I'm doing.

If you're good enough at drawing, people are gonna do that to you all the time. I should know And it doesn't really bother me either because I've learned that the more people are curious about what you're drawing, the more recognition you'll receive and recognition is a positive if you want to make money off your artwork in the future. And I also had a personal experience with that as well.

I remember when I was in elementary school, I met this kid that was insanely good at drawing. Well one day, I saw him drawing a picture and he told me to go away. I felt maybe I was standing too close to him so I decided to give him some room. He looked up and started yelling at me to go away. While I was upset about it, I realized I should stop caring about what he draws and improve my own artwork instead. I guess because of that, I've been fairly open with people seeing me draw and its produced some pretty awesome artwork (which can be found in my sig ).

Maybe that's just me though... I guess people looking at you draw pictures can be distracting and annoying to some.

I hate the professor for my intro to Energy Systems course.

First day of class he said we should only e-mail him though the course e-mail. E-mailed him three times, never a response. E-mailed him through the university e-mail when I got frustrated: response in less than 2 days.

He takes forever to mark assignments and projects.

He allowed project extensions AFTER a good portion of the class had rushed to finish, leaving several students angry they could have had more time.

He gives review questions for the final, yet gives no solutions. How are we supposed to know if we're doing the problems right or wrong?

I can't wait until he reads the professor reviews. I know several people that wrote extremely bad reviews for him. Hopefully he'll have to answer to the dean when he gets a hold of them.

^^If he responded to even one email, he's ahead of many professors. A lot of the older ones don't use email at all.

It's best to just avoid the crap professors when possible. Make friends with upperclassmen and get the scoop on who is good and who sucks from people you trust. That RateMyProfessor site is NOT reliable because a lot of lazy students bash good professors on there just because they didn't rubber stamp them with the easy A.

We had our company party today... it was mostly a toy drive with desserts. Everything was ok, if not boring until they started karaoke. The people really couldn't sing!

But that's not the bad part. The CFO decides to sing and know what his choice was?

"Mamma's l'il baby loves short'n bread."

For those that don't know about that song, that has connotations to racism against blacks. So the black employees just sat there with their jaws dropped. It was a complete mess.

What's the odds on that karaoke machine being there next year? Looks like the company needs some sensitivity training.

Terry

^^ I was told a long time ago that UPS drivers are paid for an eight-hour shift and given enough packages to deliver in that time. If they can deliver them in less time, then they are done for the day, and still get paid for the full eight hours worked. That was the incentive to speed them up.

I don't know if they still run it this way, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Eric

I hate UPS they've got a bunch wimps for divers! I ordered a butload of sheet music and they said it would be here on thursday but apparently they cant deliver a package because he says that we have a barking dog! Our dog is a huge, stupid wuss whose afraid of his own shadow. He only barks so that he can tell us there is someone that pulled in the driveway! (we weren't home) I needed the music by friday(today!) because they cant deliver it on saturday were we live for some reason and I needed it for Sunday which also happens to be the day of the performance! I hate transposing!!!!!!!!!

/rant

^ Not if they're wimpy divers.

I got a certified letter yesterday from USPS (the post office). They're supposed to deliver those and get a signature, and if no one's home, try again the next day. Our doorbell works sort of iffy, and apparently wasn't working when the letter was delivered. However, the carrier didn't even try knocking. I was home when he came by, so I would have heard that.

Diana came inside and asked if I'd been anywhere because there was the notice on the door. Unfortunately, it's something from my mortgage lender and I have a feeling that it is NOT good news when they're sending me a certified letter.

Eric

I work in a nursing home passing out medications. My boss told me to come in early this morning, so instead of going in at my usual time of 9am, I was there at 7am..only to find out there was nothing for me to do! So instead of passing pills, they made me do treatments..which totally sucked because I've never been trained to do that!! They keep throwing me into jobs around the nursing home that I don't know how to do..THEN, criticize me when I can't do it. I tried to explain to them that I don't want to do a treatment that could hurt someone or do it incorrectly and make something worse. They just don't get it.

Last week I tried to get into work after that hellish snow storm we had...well, long story short, I achieved getting my car in the ditch and had to call in..I live about 25 minutes (on a good day-dry pavement) from where I work. Not asking how I was, the D.O.N starts bitching me out saying "You choose where you live, you choose what you drive." I was so pissed that I'm sure my veins were popping out of my forehead!

^ I'm about to maybe occur your second rant which leads me to mine. After 12-16 inches of snow fell Saturday morning and after last nights temperature of 20 degrees made all the melted snow turn to ice on the road we are not even getting a 2 hour late opening. Which means for me I have to be at work at 7 before the sun comes up to melt the ice.