TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ Paypal blows. Fighting them is like explaining Gross Domestic Product to a 2 year old, completely worthless.

My rant goes to my landlord. He has the brilliant idea to place a sheet of paper under my door last night at 2 am letting me know the power would be turned off at various point this afternoon. Even better was the power was only cut two my apartment and a business below me, yet everything else in the complex had no problems.

Would it really have killed him to tell me why he was doing this? There are a grand total of FIVE apartments (one is empty) and this is the only property he owns. Then again, the same moron thought I was one of the people evicted from a different apartment. Then again, how he confused a fat white guy in his mid-20's with a 19 year old skinny Asian girl full of piercings and tattoos is beyond me.

^A few related items:

1. A guest DJ played a Lady Gaga remix at the club on Saturday. People took it as a break to get drinks or go to the bathroom. We just left the dancefloor with a good chunk of the crowd. DJ didn't get the memo...

2. A Beyonce song came on the radio while my best friend (from out of town) and I were driving. My friend turned off the radio.

Terry

You ever have one of those days where you feel like you would do a better job being a leader than the one in charge? I had one of those days yesterday, slept on it, and I still woke up angry...

You suffer from a problem I like to call "Frank Grimes Syndrome". Don't feel bad, I suffer from it, too.

Frank Grimes Syndrome, or FGS if you will, is a condition where you develop a knack for something, be it at work, or school and become better at it than those who either teach you or have done so for so long there in a leadership role with it. People with FGS will often find themselves irratable and overwhelmed that they have to take orders fro someone who is intellectually inferior to them. Symptoms include a hate for work, hate for their direct supervisor/manager, and a overall hate for what the company stands for. The only known cure for FGS is just finding a better system to function under.

Frank Grimes Syndrome gets its name from Frank Grimes, a fictional character on "The Simpsons" who suffered the same fate of the condition that bears his name.

^^ I woke up once at about 2am and noticed the time. Then I went out into the living room and told my folks, "WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE AT THE CHURCH RIGHT NOW TO GO TO WINTER CAMP!!1!!!1"

My dad looked at me and calmly said, "It's 2 in the morning, not the afternoon." Why they were still up at 2am is another story, but I didn't question it.

That's about the closest I've come to anything like that.

Eric

^ Your parents are like me, lack of sleep is something you get used to. I'm up until two or three every night, and get up at 6:45 or 7:45 every morning for high school, have two college classes four times throughout the week, and am still the most energetic person I know.

Ive been writing a college essay on the significance of American advertising on the American culture with Subway's "Jared" campaign is the basis for the paper and its taking forever. I've had two or three weeks and am almost done(its due tomorrow) and the hardest part is what I am doing now. I hate MLA(standard essay format) and if I screw it up I get major points taken away. It apparently reduces academic ethos.

The I need to keep up my B average so I can go to cal poly pamona and get out of Irvine (its boring) Ghost

I HATE the WMG!!!!. They always ruin my videos . They don't give a f**k about creativity, they don't give a f**k about their fans, they don't give a f**k about the modern world. All they want is for more people is to buy their stupid CDs. (They apparently don't realize that people don't use CDs anymore.) Such stupid greedy bastards.

I hate when people lie on their online profiles. I saw the profile of an old friend on myspace; when I knew him in 1998, he was 25.

His myspace profile today shows him as 27 years old. C'mon boo, who are you really fooling? My ex has his profile at 36 years old; he was five years older than me when we dated. He looks a complete mess anyway with those teeth looking like he brushes them with chocolate syrup from all the years of smoking!

Terry "over 40 and still sexy" Weaver

I HATE the WMG!!!!. They always ruin my videos . They don't give a f**k about creativity, they don't give a f**k about their fans, they don't give a f**k about the modern world. All they want is for more people is to buy their stupid CDs. (They apparently don't realize that people don't use CDs anymore.) Such stupid greedy bastards.

I have to totally agree with you on that. The recording industry focuses too much on making money and will go great lengths to alienate its userbase to make a quick buck...

My suggestion, use video game tracks.

- Most video game companies don't care whether or not you use their music so you don't have to worry about whether or not the music gets removed.

- There are plenty of amazing tracks/remixes out there that you can use. Franchises like Donkey Kong Country and Castlevania have plenty of incredible atmospheric tracks while franchises like Mega Man have amazing, retro-sounding tracks. There are hundreds, even possibly thousands of beautiful video game tracks that you can use.

- Video game music isn't well-known and could use some more exposure.

You could also use the music provided by YouTube, but chances are they don't have the music you want for your video.

PS: One way you can find out if the track you used is legit is if the video has a pop up that links to a website where you can purchase the song (Amazon and iTunes), your video is safe from muting.

Maybe it's just me, but these forums don't seem as lighthearted as they once were. Every thread seems to turn into a serious discussion. A few times here and there I throw out a joke and it seems to get passed over, completely ignored, while the serious conversation continues. What happened?

Maybe it's just me, but these forums don't seem as lighthearted as they once were. Every thread seems to turn into a serious discussion. A few times here and there I throw out a joke and it seems to get passed over, completely ignored, while the serious conversation continues. What happened?

Roller coasters are SERIOUS BUSINESS.

623843447_benderdoingwork.jpg.2eee31483f6247b3ed158cd338c00f78.jpg

"...A few times here and there I throw out a joke and it seems to get passed over, completely ignored..." (metrock)

I know how you feel. Maybe the jokes would get a better response if you added "boob" in there somewhere. That seems to be where a lot of people are nowadays.

Eric

^ Maybe your joke wasn't funny.....

I think it has more to do with a shift of the forum community. A lot of things that I may refer to are lost among some of the newer/younger people that populate a good portion of these forums.

Maybe the jokes would get a better response if you added "boob" in there somewhere. That seems to be where a lot of people are nowadays.

Hey, it already worked! Thanks for the advise, buddy.

At least I know I always have you to count on when it comes to bouncing jokes back and forth.

^ Don't forget the ever classic, "I'd like to pee in her butt!"

Wow, I haven't heard that in a LONG time. Used to say that quite often. Takes me back ...

It is even sadder that they have broken MANY FCC laws in the past two years and they are not getting called out on it because they have MONEY!

Maybe the jokes would get a better response if you added "boob" in there somewhere.

Eric

BOOB!?!?!? WHERE!

Anyways, in response to the WMG. Yes, the best thing you can do is

-Use Covers

-Edit the music your posting, to make it sound a bit diffrent.

-Use .Midi's

-Use Video Game Music

I know that you can get away with Metallica, AC/DC, The Beatles, Black Tide, and a lot of underground bands.

I tend to use these a lot, so I haven't had any trouble with them.

-Matt