TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I enjoy collecting brochures/maps. It's been a hobby of mine since I got a cool-looking Disneyland map when I was about two years old from my parents. Since then I've been an avid collector, but my parents don't really approve. They think collecting maps/brochures is a waste of time. I say the same about my mom's lottery addiction, except for the fact that she loses money...

I enjoy collecting brochures/maps. It's been a hobby of mine since I got a cool-looking Disneyland map when I was about two years old from my parents. Since then I've been an avid collector, but my parents don't really approve

Your parents dont approve of collecting park maps? Wow...

Any park will send you maps if you send them a letter requesting them, thats what I normally do if I really want one.

"Since then I've been an avid collector [of theme park maps], but my parents don't really approve. They think collecting maps/brochures is a waste of time." (netdvn)

Some parents...

Rant time: I don't understand some voice mail systems. You call someone's cell phone, they don't pick up, it goes to voice mail. I really don't need a lecture along the lines of "Record your message after the tone. When you are finished recording, hang up."

Is THAT how you leave a message? I've always wondered...

Eric

^^The instructions are hilarious if they don't have a voicemail set up yet. It's something along the lines of "This person cannot take voice messages right now... Goodbye." Then it hangs up on you.

I think it's more like "Sorry, this person has a voicemail that has not been set up yet. Good-bye."

It SHOULD say "Sorry, this person has a voicemail that has not been set up yet because they are too lazy. Good-bye."

So, I was gonna go out shopping for some things. I got my stuff together, and then I realized…what the…I can’t find my wallet! In a panic we searched all my clothes pockets, all over the house, and in the car, with no luck! My debit card, driver’s license, and social security card were all in that wallet! How’d I lose it?! I’m DOOMED!!!

I tried looking up Smells Like Teen Spirit on youtube, and noticed that when I had only typed in "Smells Like Te-" the auto-finish thing showed tons of searches for "Smells Like Team Spirit", Then I typed more so that I now had "Smells Like Tee-" The auto-finish didn't show any popular searches. I wanted to punch my monitor.

I was on Tripadvisor today reading HW's reviews and I got angry at a reviewer who rated the park to stars not because the park was bad but the cabins that they stayed in (which were not affiliated in any way to the park) were awful! In the review they didn't even talk about the park, except for maybe like two sentences! Ugh!

My dad's made me miss concerts, birthday parties, soccer games and band practices so we can go out on his boat for him to scream at us while we work our asses off to not run the damn thing into the ground. I'm actually looking forward to school starting. For a thirteen year old, that's like losing the will to live.

Deleted some posts...nothing wrong with said posts, but no political discussions please...they tend to get out of hand very fast. Sorry. We've had bad experiences with them in the past. Just an unfortunate part of having a large forum with people from many different walks of life.

Thanks for understanding.

I can not stand being with my sister!

I have gave her my computer, my good TV, my old gamecube, my old camera, and a lot of other stuff in the last few months. When I try to use(keep in mind I said use) one thing over night, she starts a fight with me, and you would think she would just start yelling. Wrong, she likes to beat me with pillows, throw stuff(including mine), the cats, and anyother object. She also can be giving the title the "Nutcracker" Well while I'm on the topic of my sister, she NEVER does any chores, including cleaning her room. I have to do that, and it gets very dirty in there.

Also, she is 11(12 in Fall), so I think that she can do some a few more chores than "watching the cats"

-Matthew K.