TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

People now say I'm supporting the death of music by supporting Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I hate people treating the guitar for GH like an actual instrument with a burning passion, but I said the drums were a good way to learn rhythm. That's what I actually did less than a year ago before ever being behind a drum set, and my school band teacher invited me into band yesterday, which is not something that requires invitation, nor have I ever heard of someone being invited. And honestly, you don't think this:

*snip vid*

Requires more talent than this?

*snip vid*

Actually, AzuriteReaction was/is a real drummer before playing Rock Band/GH.

So did most of the best drum players in either game.

And Phenom (Danny Johnson) plays a slew of "real" instruments, including an e-drum kit.

And playing Expert guitar is just as hard, if not harder than drums, since you can't just pick it up one day and FC all the songs like Phenom appears to do. It takes talent, dexterity, and lots of time. GH Guitar is nothing like real guitar. A drummer could get used to the drum controller easily. Or you can be like this guy and hook up your $$$$ e-drum kit.

I HATE HATE HATE Guitar Hero. As a guitarist, it drives me crazy to see these people chose this video game shortcut rather than creating their own music. You get practically nothing to show for playing guitar hero, where as learning an actual instrument is a very rewarding hobby.

I can't stand political correctness.

I can't stand people that are easily offended.

I can't stand people who want to control other people's lives.

I can't stand people who use in correct grammar (You and me..., I'm good, etc) or have stupid verbal ejaculations such as "like".

I can't stand stupid or slow people.

I can't stand stupid laws.

I can't stand Bullshit.

Basically, I share the same view as George Carlin. I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f*cking hatreds.

I blacked out and collapsed today after I got up too fast.

I figure it was from dehydration, because it was 105 today and i didn't drink a thing till 4:00 for some reason.

Luckily my dad was next to my door and just walking in... to ask me what sodas I wanted from Bel-Air.

I HATE HATE HATE Guitar Hero. As a guitarist, it drives me crazy to see these people chose this video game shortcut rather than creating their own music. You get practically nothing to show for playing guitar hero, where as learning an actual instrument is a very rewarding hobby.

Well, I love playing Guitar Hero, but I can see where your coming from. I'm trying to learn how to play guitar or the drums, just because I want to do more than press 5 buttons on a thing of plastic.

But, its a music video game, so its going to be fake. DDR, Singstar, Rockband, Guitar Hero, etc.

I HATE HATE HATE people who compare GH to playing real guitar. They're not the same! Honestly, I find it extremely rewarding when I beat a GH song because I suck. I seriously don't understand why people would compare GH to playing a regular instrument...

I also hate it when people blame video games for the world's problems. Blaming GTA is not gonna end world hunger!

I can't stand stupid or slow people.

Wow. Why do you hate GH? It's just a fun game. You should only hate people who make GH their lives.

Also, slow people can't help it if their slow. They are born that way, how do you expect them to, "like", change that?

I honestly don't think Guitar Hero is that bad. It introduces this generation to amazing songs of past decades, gets them interested in subgenres they usually wouldn't listen to, and even helps with finger speed.

Plus, knowing exactly how the guitar part goes (i.e. Guitar Hero notecharts) can actually help you figure out how to play the song in real life. And if you're fast on the solos on expert difficulty, you can get shredding pretty fast like I was able to pretty easily.

It's just when people bash Guitar Hero because it's nothing like playing real guitar. What do you expect, for it to have 144 fret buttons over a span of 6 rows? It's a game, not a guitar lesson.

I hate hackers on Mario Kart DS.

Like I was playing on the Sky Garden SNES track, and all of a sudden Donkey Kong starts driving on the air portion of it and crosses the finish line while everyone else was only halfway done.

And I won't even bother continuing when I see someone with 96 losses... and 1,000,000 wins. I swear I saw this five minutes ago.

I love the fact that TPR has a rant thread. I think I'm going to be using it a lot the next few days. *ahem* Here's my rant for the day....

I'm trying to apply for another position at the school I work at. I asked several weeks ago for several letters of reference from family friends and past co-workers. Well today it turns out that they're interviewing. Guess what?! I don't even have my stuff together because I'm still waiting for ONE letter of reference. So with the two letters I have and my resume I apply. I highly doubt I'll get an interview because my boss also had to take a few jabs at me back in May during my yearly review. I am starting to think it just might be time to leave this place all together.......

Something that annoys the heck out of me: guy's that don't get the hint.

I hate having to be rude but sometimes, they don't realize that you're not interested. UGH!

and on the flipside, guys that don't realize you are.

I'm really annoyed right now hahaha.

I've been having a bad week(so far)

First off on Sunday we had some confusion at a concert, and sense I "got lost" I got in trouble. I was meeting up with a friend at the end of the show.

On Monday nothing really happened.

Tuesday, oh Tuesday! I was suppose to go to my friend Austins house, but I still haven't caught my sleep from Sunday. Now, Austin leaves for Pennsylvania on the 3rd, so I wanted to go to his house one more time. However I needed a little nap before going, because his house is nearly around a mile away from mine. (I bike ride there). Well I set the alarm and everything, but my Dad wanted me to clean! I explained to him, and he said "NO!, We need to house clean for my friends" . Ok, so I clean up the kitchen, but then guess what, my siblings didn't want to do anything, so I had to do there chores until 8:00pm.

I then got some headphones for my ipod, but found out my ipod had broke because the baby stuck a crayon in the headphone insert slot. (I had it on the kitchen counter for most of the day, because it was attached to the speaker) I then had to use my crappy ipod, where the sound only comes out on one side of the headphone(how do I fix this?)

Then, at night I was told to gather the trash out of my siblings room, and I had to gather the remaining bags at 12:00am, I didn't get finished until 3:00am. Right before I was going to bed, my sister decided to have another night party, like she has done for the last month.

I did not go to sleep until 7:00am

Then, I set my alarm to 1:00pm, but I got waken up at 10:00, because I need to wake up at a "normal time". Now, why wake me up, after you keep me up ALL NIGHT? Well turns out I had to mow the lawn, but I was a bit dizzy, so I didn't get the mower to moe straight. I then got yelled at for not being able to do anything.

After that, my brother (Gabe) who does nothing, and should start to do stuff (age 8 in November) got to see the new transformers movie, got to go to Sonic, and get a new game. All we got was a pizzia, but guess what we had for lunch and dinner for the last week? Then, I was told I can't watch MY South Park DVDs I got for my birthday, because there bad for the baby. (The baby doesn't even like my room!) I was also told to leave my door wide open. I then couldn't listen to my music, because we had company, and 75% of my music is well kind of umm, dark?

I then thought about going to Austins, but well a thunderstorm decides to hit. Great . I then found out that my plans to KD on the 6th are canceled, because Gabe doesn't want me to force him on Volcano, even though he is too short to ride.

-Matthew"FML at the moment" K.

^^^ "Beating around the bush" never does anyone any good. Best to just be straight up with honesty and don't rely on *little* hints (97% of guys don't pick up on them anyways).

^^ Dude, your family is seriously F***ED UP. Badly. My family pissed me off enough when I lived with them, and I can only imagine how much more I would have hated life if there was a baby too. Everyone has sh*t times in their life (it sounds like you're right in the middle of yours) and just think, in a few years, you will be old enough to move out away from all the bullsh*t.

Reading through this thread for a while reminds me of how glad I am to be living on my own, away from my family and who piss me off, away from all the drama, and just living life how I want to...college style.

I need to rant about nerd stuff.

I don't get how people can rate games in such varied ways. Like with Orange Box, I was reading user reviews on GameFly. Many were 9's and 10's, while many others were 1's and 2's. Some thought the graphics were amazing, others thought they looked PS2-style. Some thought the story for Half-Life 2 was intriguing, others thought the small story was stupid and boring. Some thought the action was intense and varied, while others thought it was boring because Halo 3 and Gears of War are "better games". Ugh.

I'm pissed that Microsoft made the stupid decision to have only one gamertag linked to a subscription to XBOX Live Gold. That means if I want to play Team Fortress 2 every couple days and my sister wants to play Uno online on her own account, we have to pay for it TWICE. Why not just link it to the console? Gah.

Speaking of varied opinions in the first paragraph, how can people think of things so differently? Such as with music. Some people can't stand rock music but love country, while other people think the opposite, while others hate them both and only listen to rap. I just don't get what it is about the genres of music that people can like or dislike... it's all in the songs the artists write and perform. That I can understand.

[/rant]

Speaking of varied opinions in the first paragraph, how can people think of things so differently? Such as with music. Some people can't stand rock music but love country, while other people think the opposite, while others hate them both and only listen to rap. I just don't get what it is about the genres of music that people can like or dislike... it's all in the songs the artists write and perform. That I can understand.

People like different genres because each genre (i.e. rock, country, rap) is totally different from another one. One person could like songs they can tap their foot too so they would like country. One person could like singing along to a song so they would listen to pop or rock. I think you get my point...

I hate hackers on Mario Kart DS.

Like I was playing on the Sky Garden SNES track, and all of a sudden Donkey Kong starts driving on the air portion of it and crosses the finish line while everyone else was only halfway done.

And I won't even bother continuing when I see someone with 96 losses... and 1,000,000 wins. I swear I saw this five minutes ago.

Snaking isn't hacking.

However, if its somebody that is in 1st and keeps getting Starmen in every item box, that I would rage at.

I haven't played MKDS in forever.

No, it wasn't snaking. They just drove off the edge of the road, onto the air, and drove straight toward the finish line. They would fall within a second, but they somehow keep driving.

And I see some people who have like unlimited stars, as in they start the race by immediately kicking it in. And just keep on putting it on over and over and over again.