TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I participated in the 2009 US Monopoly Championships semi-finals today on Pogo. Everyone plays 2 games and the top 23 scores on a point system move on. In my first game, the PC accepted a trade that I clicked reject, which cost me game one. Not only that, but the moderator, aka the paid employee, of the chat was not there as she was "taking a break" 20 minutes into the first game of the day when we got no break.

In game two, a player got disconnected and the computer took over. The computer proceeded to un-mortgage then mortgage then un-mortgage all his properties until he has no cash. The the computer rolls for the guy, bankrupting him on my opponents property giving me no chance. Mind you, we were not allowed to accept or make trades with the computer.

So a big thanks to the programmers at Pogo's Monopoly for screwing me (and others who had problems) out of a trip to the US Monopoly finals in DC next month.

WTF???

I'd hate it if that happened when I was in a Monopoly contest, too. Though at least you had a good story to share with us all on this ever useful thread.

I was pissed for about 10 minutes then said "It's just a game" and moved on. It is Hasbro and Pogo, my hopes for a smooth tournament were slim.

Tomorrow: 78 and sunny.

Friday: 36 and snowing.

Saturday 68 and sunny.

That's insane! The weather here is cold and dismal for the next few days.

I have SO much schoolwork this week and next week. On top of a test I need to take this week, I have two essays due.

The forecast for the next three days:

Tomorrow: 78 and sunny.

Friday: 36 and snowing.

Saturday 68 and sunny.

I agree, it's freakin' annoying how bi-polar the weather has been lately!

It's been sunny for the past few days so let's hope it stays that way...

Another thing that annoys me if the fact that I have 3-4 days worth of makeup work I have to do for school. Which is partially my fault, but it's irritating that it's pretty much a lose-lose situation for me.

If I stay up and do all of the work, I'll end up going to sleep late and not able to function at school.

If I put it off for another day, the work is going to keep piling up.

...yet I'm on TPR procrastinating by typing about how irritating I think this is.

A time machine that could freeze the time would come in handy right now.

My girlfriend thinks I don't like her. I was going to kiss her for the first time outside school (not surrounded by a bunch of people, we were both staying after so the place is deserted) but she couldn't get a ride after school so she didn't stay after. Then I found out that no one wants to go to the movie I was going to go to her with, and my parents won't let me go with just her because they've never met her.

^ I would get that girl over to your parents house fast! I remember one of my first movie dates! it was either Selena or Anaconda, I guess J-Lo was really popular in 1997!

I'm having girl trouble too! My girlfriend keeps denying me permission to go to Knott's tomorrow night! I explained to her the importants of night rides on GhostRider and the fact that Xcelerator is finally open again! but she keeps going on about studying for a test Monday.

Another thing that makes me mad, is Disney Music. I don't like all these beeny boppey crap like Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers. There brainwashing every little kid possible.

Very true. I hate the fact that they're rich enough to go to whatever theme parks they could ever want for they're sh*tty entertainment / music. Don't know what I mean? Just youtube Jonas Brothers roller coaster and click on a few of the related videos. Grrrrrrrrr!!!

^Well she's a simple collage student trying to pass. I think passing a test for collage is more important than a few night rides . . . . .nah.

She's not in College! She's just taking a single Construction documents test for work! I'm in college! and you'll never see me deny coasters!

Also... I hate highschool musical. I hate all the music, and last time I was at Target trying to buy a deck of Uno cards all the had was the Highschool musical edition!

^Were you trying to get her to go with you or were you going by yourself?

If she needed to study, what was the purpose of you being there? Did she need you to quiz her? If that was more the case, help your girl out! If she didn't then I would think she would appreciate the peace and quiet to study alone. Besides, that coaster isn't going anywhere... just let her make it up to you.

My gripe is with people who think they are doing you a favor to do them a favor. I don't quite get that. If I'm doing you a favor and taking time out of my schedule to drive over and set things up (especially when I'm not charging you), please don't dictate when I can't do it... especially when you don't actually live there.

To give some background, I was help a friend with some computer work; I don't do it too much anymore because it was too stressful dealing with people and taking too much of my time. His hard drive died so we took it to the Apple store to get fixed. After he got it back, he didn't know how to set it up (sad) and ask me to set it back up. Well we've been playing phone tag for months about it, and I told him I'm not going to remind him to call me to set up his machine... favors don't work like that and I have things to do. He also cancels on me and then expects me to drop what I'm doing to do stuff for him.

He invited me to a birthday party last week and I told him I will stop by after my volunteer shift for a while. Before I leave I will also set up his computer so he can stop calling me and I don't have to drive 20 miles to fix it.

So anyway, I went to the party and before I decided to leave I went upstairs to set up his computer. I told my friend I was heading up there and he said ok. Anyway, his big mouthed sister was up there and decided to give me the third degree about what i was doing in his room and I can't work on his computer right now... she said she doesn't want anything stolen. And she knows I work on his computer!

I went off.

I told her that as many times I've been in his room working on his computer since 2000 and he had wads of money on his dresser and not a dime went missing, how dare she say anything to me. And she don't even live there!

I said "Fine. But I tell you what, if this computer ever gets set up it won't be by me. Call Geek Quad. I'm never setting foot in this house again until I get an apology. Even then I'm never working on anyone's computer again since no one knows the meaning of "favor".

I knew there was a reason I'm moving in June and getting a new phone.

Terry

^Are your parents the same age?

Age isn't a determining factor of finding a person... well not exactly everything. I'm not sure how much you would have in common with someone 15-20 years older or younger than you. But if it works, it works. And a year isn't really that big of a difference.

Besides, you guys are young and it's not like you two are going shopping for rings yet... or you guys are getting ready to shack up.

I say introduce her, if you like her that much to do it, your parents should respect that... if not, shame on them. You could easily be sneaking around. (Well as much as a 13-yr old could)

Terry

It would make sense to introduce my parents to my girlfriend, but my parents think I should only hang out with total preps. She is definitely not a prep, plus she's a year older than me, which my parents will instantly have a problem with because "It's not right.".

How is she your girlfriend if you have never kissed?

^I love that show! I think they are changing it to 18 Kids and Counting sometime soon because they had a little girl a couple months ago.

But geez, waiting so long just to kiss each other. Damn. They said they want to remain pure before marriage. I don't see how kissing is not remaining pure. When they finally got to kiss, it looked like they were LIM launched at each other. Wow.

^It would be a combination of excitement, wonderment, bewilderment, "what the heck happened" and "is this a joke"?

All within that 30 seconds.

They probably thought they really sinned and prayed longer than the actual event.

Anyway, my rant is I dropped $12 dollars on the new Prince album and I could have invested that in a bunch of stock at Chrysler... at least from what I heard so far. I hope the rest is better.

Terry

^^Sorry to hear about grandmother. Hopefully they can treat it and she gets better.

Also, I didn't mention it earlier today but a coworker died earlier today. She was a real nice lady. No one has any information on how she died though, although she's been tired for a few days last week.

Terry