TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

i made a bit of an ass out of myself in front of a relatively important person in my field (companion animal genomics) today while i was in the lab. my teal and purple hair is fading, i was dressed all scrubby and a little on edge about some perl code i was writing, and my professor thought she'd be nice and introduce me to the visitor and told me to explain my research and i was like "yeah i'm looking at catnip response in domestic cats" because well i felt like a jerk and didn't know what to say. also finals are next week and i have to do a presentation in a class tomorrow on an 11 page scientific review article i just finished writing. and i am SICK of being a TA for this stupid bio 1 class and can't wait until next quarter when i get to TA genetics instead. undergrads are dumb and i am sick of their idiot misconceptions about evolution and natural selection and genetics and biology SO THERE!!!!!

edit: oh yeah also my professor sprung a grant extension progress report on me today and is going out of town on friday for a month or something and the progress report needs to be turned in next week so i had to drop everything and write that today tooooo WOOOOO ACADEMIA

I have exams this week and school starts at 7:57, opposed to 7:30. My mom was sick and she told my dad to wake me up at 6:30. Being the epic failure my dad is, his alarm clock didn't go off until 7:30! I literally took a shower for 60 seconds, and got dressed. I was such in a hurry to get to school. Little did I know, I forgot to put my school uniform shirt on! I just had a plan white t-shirt! I hadn't even noticed it until a teacher (a nice one) told me. Thank God I didn't get a uniform violation!

-Tatum

Lets see here...

I have a midterm exam that I have to turn in Monday that I've barely gotten done.

I have a Power Point presentation on the culture of Vietnam that I still need to fix.

My dad recently got out of the hospital from a near heart attack that he had not too long ago.

The weather in Williamsburg is cold and wet.

I probably won't be able to get any new credits this year.

I have a C in Bio 101 and I got a D on a Philosophy exam.

I have a feeling my I'm bringing my family down.

That's pretty much all I've got.

- Dan "I just wanna fit in" Nguyen

Hey I'm not sure wether this is the right place to post this, but basically one of my friends is quite unstable mentaly and has tried to overdose a few times and it's horrible. She's on prozac so that's kind of helping her a bit but not much. Anyway, shes recently been in an argument with another set of my friends, i'm not really sure what it's about and to be honest I couldn't care less. A couple of days after the argument had happened they sent her a text saying "We hope you try to overdose again and this time we hope it works". Well I don't know about you but theres girls bitching but then there is just plain heartlessness.

After they had sent that text, everyone founed out about it and now despise them, and they have even said to the girl with mental problems that if they ever pick on her again then it'll be really serious. But i'm sorry, isn't saying that serious enough! Also, all of my friends are weaklings because they've been saying "Well were not picking sides but if anything else is said then we will" and I mean, isn't that like the worst possible thing you could ever say to ANYONE who is in that situation. And me and my friends were with the girl yesterday, and she left and the girls that sent her the text were there, and they kept on pressuring me into telling them what has been said while they were not there! They also did it to numerous other people aswell!

Also, they're having a party, and they kept on going up to people saying "Are you a true friend?" "Well you can come to our party". It's so horrible and nasty it makes me sick, but I don't know wether or not I should just turn around and say "No you were wrong and I don't want you in the group anymore" Because they might shun me out of the group, seriously they would, they are that evil. I suppose it's a bit contradictory calling my friends weaklings when I'm being one aswell, but I'm so confused and I don't know what to do, and need some advice.

Cheers,

BlackHole2005

EDIT: Hoky crap, I just realised I had typed so much, sorry guys, I just needed to get this off my chest.

I hate when people park in handicap parking spots who aren't handicap!! They are taking them from people who really need them. My Mom can barely get around and there fat a@@es are just to lazy to walk!!

So is your car equipped with some sort of device that can tell you the symptoms of every person who parks in a handicapped space or do you just assume all physical handicaps have to be blatant and obvious?

^ Another thing to consider: someone may be picking up their mom or someone with a physical limitation, so while the driver may not be impaired in some way, their passenger might be.

I agree that some people are clods and take handicapped spaces, but I don't let it keep me up at night. Those who are dishonest will get theirs...

Eric

I hate when people park in handicap parking spots who aren't handicap!! They are taking them from people who really need them. My Mom can barely get around and there fat a@@es are just to lazy to walk!!

So is your car equipped with some sort of device that can tell you the symptoms of every person who parks in a handicapped space or do you just assume all physical handicaps have to be blatant and obvious?

I think he might be referring to them not having handicap license plates or the hanging notification that goes on your rear view mirror... It's really easy to get a notifier if you have a serious reason to need a handicap parking space.

Also, they're having a party, and they kept on going up to people saying "Are you a true friend?" "Well you can come to our party". It's so horrible and nasty it makes me sick, but I don't know wether or not I should just turn around and say "No you were wrong and I don't want you in the group anymore" Because they might shun me out of the group, seriously they would, they are that evil. I suppose it's a bit contradictory calling my friends weaklings when I'm being one aswell, but I'm so confused and I don't know what to do, and need some advice.

I think you should find some new "friends." Do you want to be associated with these tools? Seriously, ask yourself that.

A couple of days after the argument had happened they sent her a text saying "We hope you try to overdose again and this time we hope it works". Well I don't know about you but theres girls bitching but then there is just plain heartlessness.

After they had sent that text, everyone founed out about it and now despise them, and they have even said to the girl with mental problems that if they ever pick on her again then it'll be really serious. But i'm sorry, isn't saying that serious enough!

Do you know "cyberbullying" is? I think by sending harassing text messages to someone, you may be doing something illegal. I'm surprised she didn't turn that text message into the police. Remember the case about the girl who hung herself after being harassed on Myspace by that girl and the mom? I believe they got arrested for it and on trial.

EDIT: The charges were eventually dropped due to lack of evidence, but it's caused several states to amend their laws to properly address this. The mom certainly didn't win "Mother of the Year" with that type of behavior.

You need to get away from those people, before you get in big trouble. If you insist on hanging around with them you deserve to go down with them if they get in trouble. I know if I had their information I'd turn them in; it's really despicable how some people are.

Terry "no love for cowardly bullies" Weaver

At Sea World today, well yesterday, since it is past midnight, but anyway, we went to see the Viva! show. My mom is in a wheelchair since she broke her foot, so we have to sit in the handicapped seats, but there were able-bodied people in ALL of the handicapped seats. We didn't get to see the show because everyone was taking up space for people who needed it.