TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^I can ALMOST understand that. We actually had KT in daycare two times a week this fall and she got SOOOO sick (on two prescription drugs to get rid of the bug!!!) that we ended up taking her out permanently. I feel bad, and I know that a lot of parents can't stay at home with a sick kid, especially when these day care places don't really offer you any money back if your kid is sick...

BUT...

I was talking about a 45 minute playgroup at Gymboree where the parent HAS to be there anyway!!! GRRRR...this is seriously why I have no 'mommy' friends!

^ OK, now I understand. Took awhile, huh?

The funny thing about employers is that they still haven't figured out that a person is LESS productive when they're ill. It's LESS EXPENSIVE to give that person a day or two off to recover than it is to have the entire office/work area infected.

Eric

GRRRR...this is seriously why I have no 'mommy' friends!

"mommy- or Daddy friends" are such a worse thing!

The most parents of our kiddies friends act like they ended up with their live. In their opinion, they have done for the society what they are supposed to do: They married, they persuaded a child (or two. or three...), they go to work and don´t need any more time for themselves or their partnership! They call you "crazy", "weird", "irresponsible", etc... when you deny to life your life their way!!! (I feel by far too young to say goodbye to fun in live!)

My wife and I really love our kids and we would give our lives for them, they are the greatest treasures we own, but we don´t treat them like "handicapped" beings! Parents who overprotect their children remove them their possibility to develop into "effective" acting human beings. Those kids will have very severe problems as grown-up to make Decisions for their own.

So: "Mommy- or Daddy-friends" are LOOSER!!!!

Gerd

We have a term for those people in our neighborhood Elissa ... Hausfraus ...

Basically these parents that just hang out with their "mommy friends" all hours of the day, and complain, and complain that they only have 1 or 2 hours of "Kid Free" time per day. I swear, one of these women used to complain that she only had one day a week to go to the Spa.

Screw you lady, don't have fricken kids then.

We also have no mommy/daddy friends. And that's just fine with us.

One advantage, though, of "Mommy/Daddy friends" is that you can swap baby sitting with them for a night out with your wife/hubby. But I agree that sitting around talking about nothing but what the kids are doing is...boring.

Eric

One advantage, though, of "Mommy/Daddy friends" is that you can swap baby sitting with them for a night out with your wife/hubby.

Eric

Sorry, but the price you have to pay for that service is way too much, I prefer to call a professional babysitter, she get´s her money and you are not reqired to join stupid "neighbourhood-family-afternoons" or such a stuff where the only things that are talked about are: special offers on diapers and great offers at the shopping-channel!

One advantage, though, of "Mommy/Daddy friends" is that you can swap baby sitting with them for a night out with your wife/hubby. But I agree that sitting around talking about nothing but what the kids are doing is...boring.

Eric

That's what grandparents are for.

Even though one is living in AZ now, we generally get about 1 weekend a month to ourselves.

The funny thing about employers is that they still haven't figured out that a person is LESS productive when they're ill. It's LESS EXPENSIVE to give that person a day or two off to recover than it is to have the entire office/work area infected.

Yeah, I don't really buy the employee abuse argument either. That just sounds like typical spineless management. They don't have the gonads to directly deal with the ~5% of employees who excessively abuse sick time. They find it easier and less confrontational to just punish everyone.

Fortunately, my current position is really flexible. If I'm feeling ill, I can just work from home so I don't get too behind on my projects. That way I don't get the whole floor sick.

I'm in period 4 out of 7 right now at school, and I absolutely hate couples during the passing periods. Most of them lean up against lockers and kiss and/or are super clingy. It drives me insane. Why do you have to do that in school? Not everyone wants to see it...

This rant is over the low life's that broke into our house on Tuesday last week and stole all of our new camera equipment, all the ipods in the house including the one that my 6yr owned ( hope they have fun listening to all the kids songs) dvds, some of my wifes jewerly and my $1000 mountain bike.

God help them if i ever find them....there will be blood, oh yes...there will be blood.

To be completely honest, I am single. But I could tell you that I wouldn't be doing that with my girlfriend in school. I actually have respect for girls...

How is that disrespectful? Part of being a couple is kissing. I guess if you view kissing as a private matter then yes it would be disrespectful to do it in public.

I'm in period 4 out of 7 right now at school, and I absolutely hate couples during the passing periods. Most of them lean up against lockers and kiss and/or are super clingy. It drives me insane. Why do you have to do that in school? Not everyone wants to see it...

I totally agree with you. In my language arts class, my friend and his girlfriend are constantly making out violently (if that's the right word to use) whenever we have free time. It gets so freakin' annoying.

Plus, they spend like every waking moment together.

My computer started acting funny and couldn't boot into Windows because it was constantly trying to update something, then restarting.

I know the problem, know how to fix it, but my dad INSISTS on paying a visit to Geek Squad and having them "fix it", which means they wipe it and reinstall Windows for $60+...WHICH I CAN DO MYSELF FOR FREE!

I'm dragging my dad to Best Buy to show him the cost of Geek Squad services vs. buying an external hard drive to back up my stuff.

Geek Squad:

$60 Analysis.

$100+ to fix problem. No concern for backing up my personal files (Like my HOMEWORK)

Me:

$80 External Hard Drive. Back up stuff safely.

$0 to reinstall Windows using original OEM disc.

The A/C Adapter for my laptop broke...and that's the third battery that Best Buy in Beaumont that broke on me. My first battery breaks, so they give me a replacement, but then that one breaks! And the replacement for the replacement breaks!

Why can't Geek Squad get their act together?!?

I hate it when the Mac and Windows versions of an application have a different set of features! And they have the save version number!

Also hate it when I create a series of poses for a 3d model on the Windows version and when it it gets loaded on the mac, it gets screwed up!

Grrr!

Terry