TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Hair started falling out last night as a side effect of chemo. Thankfully, I got a new Rays cap last week and that spring training is around the corner.

Think of this as a positive! It will give you a reason to change the Bowl Cut!!!!

Tried to stop consuming Fast Food for a while. ...it only lasted for 9 days!

Just went out of the restaurant where I prepared food like Lobsters, Catfish and Seafood-Pasta the whole evening and went to the Drive-Trough at Burger King. ...but i have to say: a Whopper with Bacon and extra cheese is a very fine and tasty thing!

I must agree with Ginzo and BeemerBoy's posts about tailgaters 20 pages back or so. Pretty much everybody here in Texas tailgates, even while going 5mph over the speed limit.

And I've had a couple close calls with people who recklessly switch lanes...At 9am on my morning college commute I can look at the way some cars sneak through traffic at high speed and tell that they're late for work...One guy freaking zoomed across about four lanes of freeway in between all these cars when he was 100 feet from the exit and just barely made the exit (cutting across the white striped area in front of the sign)!

Sheesh, man, just continue driving forward, even if that means you miss your turn - you can always turn back later!

TPR Texas Trip Bus Driver, you be really careful when driving through Texas. We've got some really crazy drivers here...

Yeah, tailgating is one of my biggest peeves, too. And they do nothing about it, either.

My rant today is that I cut my right index finger on a can of Rockstar. I poured what was left of it out, then went to crush it as I always do. Unfortunately, when I picked it up, part of the jagged edge sliced my finger right next to the nail. It's bled quite a bit. Don't worry---I used alcohol and washed it out, so I don't worry about it getting infected or anything.

Good thing I write left handed. But I'll be OK.

Eric

So, just 5 minutes ago I had to fire our maid.

My wife and me were busy at the company today (doing the grocery- and beverage-orders for the weekends, making the rosters for the next week, preparing the tonights´menu and all this stuff...) and so we asked our maid to pick up the kids from the kindergarten.

Also I´m a smoker, too, I NEVER smoke in presence of my or any other kids. Karin (the maid) took my wife´s car (A 3 month old Q7, where never has been smoked in before!!!) picked up my kids and smoked some (!!!!) cigarettes, because she got stuck in the rush-hour traffic.

When Marlene, my daughter, told me of this, I first thought, she was kidding, but right when I opened the door of the car, a cloud of cold smoke pushed me into the face and 3 cigarette butts where inside the ashtray. Certainly I asked Karin, where she had her head when she acted so indescribably stupid and she only told me:

"What´s your problem, your children life in a totally polluted environment, they eat chemical additions in their food and if the world keeps going on like it is today, they will die with 35 of cancer, ...."

So, now my question, how would you have acted? I just signed her cheque and told her goodbye before I would have done things that I could regret after.

^^ I think you conducted yourself pretty well. Like Chuck said, she got what she deserved. I would have done the very same thing....signed the check, and said, "Good luck at your next job."

Oh, and a Q7 to compliment the Porsche? Very nice. I think we need a random photo trip report of a day in the life of Gerd....especially since you own a restaurant and TPR is definitely full of food enthusiasts too.

^ + ^^

Thanks for the moral support, guys.

I was a bit down after that, because you have to know, I´m not a boss who fires his employes because of every little piece of shit that happens.

Nobody is perfect, we are all just humans.

But I could´t life with the fact, that somebody messes with the health of my children, that was really a bit to heavy to be tolerated!

...so, but now I should better rush back into the kitchen and prepare myself for the Dinner-service!

Oh, and a Q7 to compliment the Porsche? Very nice. I think we need a random photo trip report of a day in the life of Gerd....especially since you own a restaurant and TPR is definitely full of food enthusiasts too.

Oh, believe me, that TR would´nt be so fabulous as you think! That´s a average day in the life of Gerd M.:

7.00 am - Get´s up, takes a shower, needs a gallon of espresso, dresses for the company.

8.15 am - He (or his wife) brings the kids to the kindergarten (after a half hour debate with his 4 yr. old daughter why Kindergarten ISN`T a boring piece of sh..! (I wonder who teaches her all that bad language!)

9.00 am - Arrives at the restaurant, has another gallon of coffee, hides behind the garbage-containers to have his first cigarette of the day.

10.00 am - Is ready with all that administratively stuff like signing checks, ordering grocery and beverages, tablecloths and uniforms, listen to the stories of the waitress who is been left by her boy for the 3rd time this week..., and goes to the kitchen, where he´s preparing lunch until 2.00 pm.

2.15 pm - Returns home, has a snack with his family has a little sleep or enjoys his 2 hours off.

4.30 pm - Is at the restaurant again! Has a nervous breakdown because of:

a: - The booked DJ for tonight missed his flight and he needs a new DJ within the next 2 hours.

b: - His sous-chef is soooo sick! (That means double work for Gerd, Horray!)

c: - His parents are at the restaurant and, oh wonder, complain about why he doesn´t give them more visit´s...

d: - The afternoon-concierge gave ONE table for TWO reservations at the same time for some very special and important guests!

e: - The stuff he ordered in the morning because he needs it ´VERY URGENT for the Dinner-service hasn´t been delivered.

f: = a + b + c + d + e !!!

5.00 pm ´til round Midnight: Works his ass off in the hot kitchen and dreams of a cold drink at a cozy beach!

Monday to Thursday:

Midnight: Rushes home, takes a shower and falls asleep (I must admit, in summer, I take my little black toy and enjoy the empty Autobahn at night before I go to bed!)

Friday & Saturday:

Midnight `till 6 am: Changes his Outfit, heads over to his Club where he has to smile and gives Compliments to guest, even if he already can fall asleep while standing!

6.15 am: Is nearly half dead and just falls into his bed!

...and on Sunday, he´s just a Family-man who tries to spend the whole day with his wonderful wife and his two children, that he loves more than all words in the world could ever express!

...and TPR is definitely full of food enthusiasts too.

...Coaster enthusiasts, car enthusiasts and food enthusiasts!!

Horray! I´m Finally at home !!!

I just got laid off an hour and a half ago, after just 1 month on the job thanks to the "economy". Goodbye $40,000 salary, $60,000 of bonuses and incentives, and 50% travel around the country. After I receive my pay next week for the last two weeks, and the severance pay (two weeks) I will once again have 2 weeks to find a job.

I got the same news last week on my way home by means of a phone call, if you can believe that.

Eric

That´s a very mean way to tell somebody those news. Isn´t there the possibility to submit judicial steps? Here in Germany, a dismissal is not final until it´s pronounced personally or in formal writing by registered letter.

I´m awfully sorry for both of you.

Gerd

^Sorry to hear about that as well.

I've been worried about layoffs at my job since last year. I'm just hoping I have a job log enough to pay for my Europe trip!

I remember I worked at a place that decided to lay off the entire programming department and rehire them as consultants with no benefits. They only wanted to hire me back for a measly 13 hours a month! Luckily I was job hunting and accepted a job offer that same week. The funny thing was they told us on a Friday (two weeks before the end of the month) that they wanted me to finish up documenting what I did for the next two weeks, but neglected to see that my two week vacation started the next Monday.

"Well, I guess this is my last day." was what I said, trying not to laugh too much. I got funny looks from people that thought I was a bit too happy for a person that was newly unemployed. Know why?

I was the only person in the company that knew how to actually do the month end processing and I intentionally "disappeared" after that day, putting them in violation of Florida insurance law because they couldn't get the reports or checks out in time.

When I finally returned their multiple phone calls, I said "My new rate is..." (Which was more than what I was originally making doing 40 hrs a week)

I ended up paying off my car for what I charged them for. Oh and they went bankrupt when we had a string of hurricanes in the Florida panhandle. That's what they get.

Terry

I don't wish any ill will on the company that let me go. It's business. But I will never understand why they can hire expensive managers and let go of those who actually do the work. What's left to manage when there aren't any workers left?

I like to say that the higher you go, the less oxygen there is, if you know what I mean...

Eric