TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

My "Hackintosh" won't boot up after it crashed before I finished updating it. Luckily I have backups and I can still get all my files... it's just going to be a pain.

Also I hate when I go out and I'm in the middle of a conversation with a friend, a complete stranger tries to come behind me and feel me up! C'mon... a little respect please? And it's never someone I'm remotely interested in. So my friend and I are looking at this guy like he's lost his mind. So I shoo him off and he has the nerve to come back later and try the same thing. I told him "This is your last warning. Do it again and we're fighting. Is that what you want?" Finally he scurries off some place. It's a shame that have to spoil my mood and night by yelling at someone that doesn't understand "I'm not interested", "Please don't do that.", or even "Please go away."

I mean that could have been my boyfriend standing there and that would have been a big mess.

Terry

What's the most appropriate title?

1. Who is the parent anyway?

2. When parents should be strung up.

3. Another example of the US going down the tubes.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/081908-parents-let-16-year-old-drop-out.html

Parents let 16-year-old drop out to play Guitar Hero

North Carolina resident Blake Peebles is dropping out of high school to concentrate on playing Guitar Hero full-time, and he's doing so with the full support of his parents.

"We couldn't take the complaining anymore," says parent Hunter Peebles. "He always told me that he thought school was a waste of time."

Instead, Peebles will be home schooled, and will use the extra time that affords his schedule to hit up bars, clubs and tournaments to make a living as a professional Guitar Hero gamer.

How much does that glamorous lifestyle make someone these days? To date, Peeble's biggest haul is 52 Chick-fil-A combo meals and a few gift certificates.

The average haul for one of the professional gamers mentioned in the original article is $25,000. Over eight years.

At least it's not Florida this time. But it's a shame that a video game won out over school. If the kid has that much control over his parents, I really doubt home schooling is gonna work.

When the child is 40 and still can't afford to live out on his own, his parents better not say anything.

Terry

^I'll go one better. The bathrooms in my office has more paper towels on the floor than in the trash. Is it that hard to throw them away? So when you put a bunch of paper towels around the floor of a toilet, then they don't want to flush, it makes it so wonderful and sanitary to do your business.

Even worse is when they use those paper toilet seat covers, do their business then get up and leave, leaving the seat cover there... sometimes showing they hit the paper. That's just beyond nasty.

Luckily I got the code to the bathrooms on two other floors so I pick the cleanest... then take my bathroom cleaner with me to kill those germs before I sit down. I shouldn't really have to go all over the building looking for a clean bathroom because people are too lazy, gross and uncivilized to clean up after themselves.

Terry

^I'll go one better. The bathrooms in my office has more paper towels on the floor than in the trash. Is it that hard to throw them away? So when you put a bunch of paper towels around the floor of a toilet, then they don't want to flush, it makes it so wonderful and sanitary to do your business.

Even worse is when they use those paper toilet seat covers, do their business then get up and leave, leaving the seat cover there... sometimes showing they hit the paper. That's just beyond nasty.

Luckily I got the code to the bathrooms on two other floors so I pick the cleanest... then take my bathroom cleaner with me to kill those germs before I sit down. I shouldn't really have to go all over the building looking for a clean bathroom because people are too lazy, gross and uncivilized to clean up after themselves.

Terry

Haha when I worked at Safeway the bathrooms were the same way! I'm so glad I wasn't the guy cleaning the bathrooms

There is a ton of amazing music out there that you will never, ever hear on the radio or be able to buy at WalMart or Best Buy. If you're willing to do some searching, you can fine all sorts of amazing musicians working today, recording amazing music that will never be covered by mainstream media.

If you like rock with amusing/thought provoking lyrics and amazing guitar playing, I have two words for you: Freak Kitchen. You can thank me later...

dt

I went into a local big music store and found ABSOLUTELY no Trance/Electronic/Progressive stuff. Not even Tiesto. Wow. Rap, rap, pop, rap, rock, rock, etc...

Sigh.

My tastes are very European. Hybrid, Armin can Buuren, Tiesto, Daft Punk (kinda popular in the states, only because of Kayne West [their surprise Grammy performance was good though]), and some Celldweller.

DJ's are really skipped over these days. Tis a pity.

There is a ton of amazing music out there that you will never, ever hear on the radio or be able to buy at WalMart or Best Buy. If you're willing to do some searching, you can fine all sorts of amazing musicians working today, recording amazing music that will never be covered by mainstream media.

If you like rock with amusing/thought provoking lyrics and amazing guitar playing, I have two words for you: Freak Kitchen. You can thank me later...

dt

I went into a local big music store and found ABSOLUTELY no Trance/Electronic/Progressive stuff. Not even Tiesto. Wow. Rap, rap, pop, rap, rock, rock, etc...

Sigh.

My tastes are very European. Hybrid, Armin can Buuren, Tiesto, Daft Punk (kinda popular in the states, only because of Kayne West [their surprise Grammy performance was good though]), and some Celldweller.

DJ's are really skipped over these days. Tis a pity.

You know, music marketers were struggling to find a name in the early 90s when Rap became popular. Funny how much money someone can make by simply dropping the "C".....

You know, music marketers were struggling to find a name in the early 90s when Rap became popular. Funny how much money someone can make by simply dropping the "C".....

Good god, you're so clever. I've never heard that joke before. Are you a comedian?

I'm a legend in my own mind.

Seriously though, it became less of a joke and more of a real opinion when I was forced to acknowledge it as a form of music in my music history class in college.

I was so mortified that I walked out of the class 3 minutes into the lecture that day and did enough research to PROVE beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is in fact NOT music. It really is just crap.

Besides... Someone of my talent level is bound to use a retread once in a while.

Our Vancouver Queer Film festival is ending on Sunday evening.

Too soon, with still so many films and vids to see, enjoy, crtique and discuss.

Well - there is next year, eventually.

Stilll...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

I went to Seaworld this past week for the first time in like over 10 years. I caught myself at one point during the day when I was looking at my map, pointing things out while standing in the middle of the walkway. It made me realize that for about a minute, I was one of "those" people that I always see at Disneyland.

...I'll have a little more patience next time I see someone doing that now.

What should you do when someone you care, maybe someone that you really dont know very well but you still care about, is about to make a huge mistake??? the problem is this person is in a different country, thousnds of miles away from you!!! I dont know what to tell or what to do. And im very upset and worried about him!!! Why cant i be there for him!!! Maybe just to give a hug, maybe thats all.