TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Rants... So... Many....

First off, inconsiderate people at theme parks. I can understand its hot, your tired, you hate your wife. But don't channel it into your actions, people that are just mean when others are trying to enjoy there time is just sad. I'm at disney ATM and its amazing how sad it is when people litter on the beautifal grass. Disney took time to make it look like that, and to try to make your experience the best so why be mean.

That's all I can think of right now.

Dylan "People, just stay at home" T.

Wow. Linksys products are awful. The Wireless G-Adapter in one of the family computers likes to turn off whenever it darn well pleases. Have to restart the computer to get it working again.

And my no-name Wireless-N adapter has not stopped working since I put it in.* Don't you just love major brand-name products? I don't.

*-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180052

why must people wait until the minute they are seated at a restaurant to pick up their cell and call someone and tell the person on the other end "Oh, I just sat down at (insert name brand restaurant here), what are you doing?"

Wow. Linksys products are awful. The Wireless G-Adapter in one of the family computers likes to turn off whenever it darn well pleases. Have to restart the computer to get it working again.

And my no-name Wireless-N adapter has not stopped working since I put it in.* Don't you just love major brand-name products? I don't.

*-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833180052

I agree. Linksys is AWFUL. And it DOES turn off whenever it wants to. We got so tired of sometimes having wireless and sometimes not.

^I am 14, and I have my permit, and when I complete my 50 hours and turn 15 then I can have my restricted.

^^Even though we aren't paying for the gas, our parents are, and sometimes they have to sacrifice things. We had to cancel our vacation because of gas prices!

Why must gas be so bloody expensive! Honestly 4.00 is absolutly insane. Bring on eco-freindly cars!

You haven't seen how much it was in Europe! We're still getting a bargain on the gas!

Terry "$8-9 a gallon is no joke" Weaver

Absolutely. We pay gas here almost 2.5 times as much as you do in the US.

Also, not being vain, but if I'm putting the work into trying to get this body together, don't approach me if you're obese.

Sorry, but this sort of snobbish attitude annoys me. I was overweight for a lot of my childhood but I couldn't help that because of my genetic background. In order to become healthier, I played soccer almost every day for 8 years so I eventually slimmed down. However, I still gain weight very easily and it's a daily struggle for me to stay in shape. Point being, being thin isn't something that is easily achievable for many people and it's not just because of laziness or unhealthy diets. Why shouldn't someone who isn't built perfectly have the right to ask someone out?

Also, not being vain, but if I'm putting the work into trying to get this body together, don't approach me if you're obese.

Sorry, but this sort of snobbish attitude annoys me. I was overweight for a lot of my childhood but I couldn't help that because of my genetic background.

Not snobbish. Realistic. I was overweight too and being in a bit better shape, I understand things better. In other words, welcome to the gay world. When you're out of shape, you're ignored. When you're in shape... you know the rest. Where I'm from there's a saying: "A fat girl gets no love unless she pays."

Also, we both know if you were in the same situation, you'd send that guy "to hell" too... because I guarantee you wouldn't practice what you're now trying to preach. That's what annoys me.

But there's some other tidbits to this and other similar stories that I'm purposely leaving out and won't go into. But to make a long story short, some of these guys still think of themselves as "they got it going on" when they've seriously let themselves go, and need a mirror to remind themselves. And these guys don't have the courtesy of just saying "hi", they gotta try to feel you up at the same time.

My exercise program is for me (and clothes shopping), but if I meet someone, they don't have to be built, but they can't let their bad eating habits get the best of them.

For instance, I used to have a crush on this guy 2 years ago when I wasn't quite in shape... he ignored me. No big deal; it happens. I saw him at the gym yesterday. He let himself GO! Pot belly and everything. And now he's giving me that look, since I've been working on my shape. I continued my workout and ignored him.

So that's how attraction works in the cut-throat gay world.

Terry

^ That's how it is everywhere. Fat people don't stand a chance as a rule.

I was up well over 200 lbs. once. And I was at 117 once (deathly ill, but I got better). Now I'm 165 and look...presentable.

But as for my rant...TIMECLOCKS. I'm sure I've ranted before about this, but I'm getting tired of having to check my watch so I can get to the timeclock right on time so I don't clock in too early or too late.

Eric

We'll what really made me mad today was life.

I relized how valuable life is, more powerfull then money, love,coast....wait nevermind on that one.

But really, no one can see what it would be without life. Its all you have, nothing else without it. Nothing.

Also, we both know if you were in the same situation, you'd send that guy "to hell" too... because I guarantee you wouldn't practice what you're now trying to preach.

Funny how you assume you know how I would react in a situation like that. Of course I've turned down guys before as I'm sure you have, but never based strictly on appearance. My first love wasn't in great shape, but he was charming, witty, humorous and very intelligent. I was attracted to his personality and his character more so than his body. The last guy that I dated, however, was what one would label "stereotypically hot" but he had absolutely no personality or style, and he loved his reflection more so than he loved me. I am not going to lie and say that looks don't matter because they do to some extent, but I think everyone deserves at least a chance. Beauty is, after all, in the eyes of the beholder. Not attracted to them? Just turn them down politely. No need to send them "to hell" simply because they are obese.

So that's how attraction works in the cut-throat gay world.

Obviously that is how attraction works for gay guys if you only go to gay bars, clubs or gyms to meet guys.

In other words, welcome to the gay world. When you're out of shape, you're ignored. When you're in shape... you know the rest. Where I'm from there's a saying: "A fat girl gets no love unless she pays."

You make it seem like if you aren't thin and good looking, than you don't have a chance in the gay world. Perhaps this mindset of trying to become 'physically perfect' is true for Miami where you are from, but it definitely is not true for many gay people.

^Well if you can assume, I can too. But I still bet I'm still on the mark.

It comes down to this: preference. Everyone has 'em. Even you. I'd bet if I go back over some of your posts in the sexual preference thread, you'll have an even more narrow set of preferences than I.

No matter what personality a person has, you're always going to have that initial attraction. If that attraction isn't there, nothing goes further.

Very few of my boyfriends have been "perfect shapes". There has to be something about your personality I like. That said, I'm not attracted to obese people. I didn't say people that are out of shape. But with the clothes off, I don't like the look of it, and I don't like the feel of it... So they get crossed off my list.

My original gripe was more about an obese man being aggressive in his making a pass at me. That means that he was in my personal space trying to feel me up. That's a big no no to me.

But anyway, most of preferences come from experience. That's all I'm going to say about that. And I do have about 20 years worth of it on you. So, until you get it, save your 'tude for some of your young friends.

I believe we're done.

Terry

But anyway, most of preferences come from experience. That's all I'm going to say about that. And I do have about 20 years worth of it on you. So, until you get it, save your 'tude for some of your young friends.

Instead of finding a legitimate argument for what I've written, you pull out the old "age card" and leave it at that. Just to let you know, age doesn't always translate into wisdom. You were born 20 years earlier than I was, and so what? Does that mean you know everything there is to know about being gay? No, of course not.

It comes down to this: preference. Everyone has 'em. Even you. I'd bet if I go back over some of your posts in the sexual preference thread, you'll have an even more narrow set of preferences than I.

You're right, I do have my preferences, as does everyone else. However, that doesn't mean I will turn down someone rudely simply because they are overweight. Like I said before, I've met hot guys who have absolutely no substance underneath their pretty faces, and I've met average guys who are nothing short of amazing. Everyone deserves a chance at happiness, even people who are overweight. If you aren't attracted to that, then why make their lives harder by being mean about it? That was my original point.

ANYWAYS!

To change the topic, what annoys me at the moment is people who talk during movies!

Slow drivers. I seem to attract them! Everyone of them seem to drive 5 miles under the speed limit. One night on my way home from work, one person was in front of me for a couple miles and drove 10 miles under at one point and decided to brake check me even though I was far enough away.

Idiotic drivers. One day after leaving work, I was going toward the other street and some person decided to pull into the lane behind this shopping center and not look. At some points, I could let him hit me and either total my car out or fix the body damage on that side. Instead I did the defensive driver thing and swerved.

Moving. As most of you know, on June 7th I was flooded out of my apartment. On July 5th I moved into my new apt. I then started calling phone and cable companies about services. First issue was that the cable guy had to get access to the crawl space to install additional outlets. Problem is, I don't know where the access hole is. I ran a cable from the additional outlet in the front so I can have cable since I ahve to pay for it. Well, onto phone and internet. I called on July 8th to have phone and dsl service activated. They told me a couple of dates. They told me teh 17th to hook the phone and 22nd for dsl service. The reason for the later dates is that they literally had to connect my service as I didn't even have a dial tone when I plugged the phone. To date, I still don't have phone service and I have been tempted to switch to Road Runner and Time Warner Cable phone service. I stopped by the verizon store today to talk to a real person and not a machine (see next rant) and supposedly, the phone company is sending someone out in the next 5 days. If they don't after that, I am going to try cable, but that requires me to buy a wireless router as my current Dsl modem has one built in.

Customer Service, where has it gone. I remember calling 1 8XX numbers for phone, cable, and anyone else and being able to get to talk to a real person in no time and getting business done. I was on the verizon one this morning for 15 minutes and was on the machine yelling "yes" or "no" into the phone until I finally reached a live person, who said I reached the wrong dept. and transferred me to another number, who said I was in the wrong dept. again and transferred me back to the original dept.! The funny thing is, at the verizon store, the store employee was put on hold and transfeered a few times also.

Finally, buildings. I recently purchased a washer and dryer. I measured from wall to wall, it was 54" across. I found a washer and dryer that was 54" across. I knew it was going to be a tight squeze, btu didn't how tight of one. When the store delivered them, the dryer didn't fit! So I came home from work and the apt. manager said we could take down the door molding. Well, the dryer still wouldn't go in. I took the moldings off the floor, and the dryer barely went in, but not far enough. So the apt. manager comes down and says we should remove the tub access, gave us more room but not enough. So we removed the floor molding off the other side. And barely the fit, but fit, but we didnt' plug the dryer in, doh. So the apt. manager gets it and the dryer vent in it's place.

And one final thing, since we didn't have patio or storage area anymore, I placed my sisters bike behind a shrub. Last night someone stole it. She hasn't ridden it for a while, but someone got a rusty bike. We are getting a storage unit soon.

PS. My Virus scanner just went off....just kidding previous posters dad.

I was having a real productive day until my roommate pulls up and tells me that a mutual friend died and her wake was in an half hour. So I ran back in the house, changed and went.

You know, sometimes as you get older you end up catching up with people you haven't spoke to for a long time at funerals. That's a sad thing. It's also a sad thing when a parent has to bury their kids.

They had a wonderful memorial with all the things she used to do: a pool cue, a remote, and a Corona. She and her life partner was together for over 35 years and the family treated the life partner like a member of the family. That was really sweet.