TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ I know! It's like your whole life revolves around school. You explain you already spend 8 hours a day at school, and you think they'd just have you do work in class but noooo. Then they always assign the most homework on band practice nights...you try to tell them that, they say "oh what about all the other sports" when they practice straight after school and have all evening to do homework. even though band practices the same amount of time (3 hours), we virtually have less time to do h/w because practice is from 6-9. I get home at 3:45 and have to leave at 5:30...then i get home at 9:30ish and I should be going to bed at 10 to get my 8 hours but usually don't finish homework until 11:15 or so. So we really only have 2 hours to do everything, but teachers assign more than that usually.

Here is my rant.

On Aug. 6th me and my family went to Newport beach. Me, my mom, and my 4 year old brother got stung by sea jellies. My mom got stung on her thumbs quite badly. She STILL can't bend one of her thumbs all the way.

Anyway, my stings were healed by Aug. 25th, and one week after that, I fractured my left ring finger. What next?!

So, because of our stings we could not go to SFHH for the entire month of August, and now that me and my brothers stings are healed,(and my moms are almost healed) we would have been able to go back to SFHH one or two more times, but we cant bucause of my darn finger!

End rant,

Antonio"at least our stings are 99% better!"G.[/i]

I have been working at the same school for 3 years and things have gone from bad to unbelievable! They decide to get rid of 3 teachers and an Academic Coordinator which of course means more work for everyone thats left and at the same crappy pay. I think I will type my letter of resignation tonight. UGH!!!!!!!!!! It really sucks when you know the place you work for has so much potential but things just seem to get worse.

I hate it when grown men and women call tech support and they act like they're six years old! I had one man almost throw a tantrum because he had to leave a voice mail for a Supervisor that wasn't in the office yet! Geez!

Don't you just hate it when there is a long line for the restroom at Starbucks? It never fails, there is ALWAYS a line for it! When I went to California over the summer I had to use the restroom really bad while wondering around the Santa Monica Third Street Promenade so I went into Borders and after about five minuites found a sign that said no public restrooms. Ugh! Ok so I walk down to Borders and no restrooms. So I go into Old Navy, ride up a crowded escleator (sp) and the restroom is out of order! UGH! So I walk around some more go into a Starbucks/ music store and THEY didn't have restrooms so I found another Starbucks and one of the restrooms was out of order so there was a long line of people. I got in line knowing I wouldn't find another one and about 20 minuites later (yes, you read correctly) I was finnaly there! UGH! That was hell!

Dennis "At least frappachinos are .50 cheaper in California" McClellan

Don't you just hate it when there is a long line for the restroom at Starbucks?

Or when you have to go get a key to get into it. It's like being back in grade school and needing to ask permission to use the potty. We're grown adults, we don't need to ask, and we know when we need to go!

Ok. I've been building up steam for the last 15 minutes so I need to let this out. I'm innocently sitting at my computer playing RCT2, when I answer the phone and it is one of my sister's friends. I give the phone to my sister and moments later shes prancing around the house giggling and repeting "Yes! Yes! I'm going to Great Adventure." Well, I'm thinking, Holy Mother of God! I'm the one who spends my time on RCPro and TPR and tomorrow I will be the only one out of my brother and sister and I who has NEVER been on Kingda Ka, Nitro, B&R:TC, B:TR, S:UF, Medusa, or GASM. To make matters worse, I have to wake up early to run a cross country race. The part that pisses me off the most, is that I was at cross country camp the day I was invited to Great Adventure. Ughhhh! Life is going good at one moment and the next moment it sucks. You may think this isn't that big of a deal, but I just want to say that my parents hardly ever take me to parks, and my sisters screechy voice is really getting on my nerves. SHE DOESN"T EVEN KNOW WHO BOLIGER AND MABLIARD ARE! Wow, I feel a lot better now.

You know what annoys me? It's when I ask for constructive critisism on my park thread and all I get is "BLAGH!!!" No, literally, that was what got said! There's other stuff, but somebody has critisized me 5 times without putting ANYTHING positive! SO that annoys me VERY VERY much! If you wanna know what I'm talking about, click on this link and go through all 3 pages: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18829&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 . Whew, that felt good to get that off my chest for the 3rd time!

You know what annoys me? It's when I ask for constructive critisism on my park thread and all I get is "BLAGH!!!" No, literally, that was what got said! There's other stuff, but somebody has critisized me 5 times without putting ANYTHING positive! SO that annoys me VERY VERY much! If you wanna know what I'm talking about, click on this link and go through all 3 pages: http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18829&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 . Whew, that felt good to get that off my chest for the 3rd time!

I read that entire thread. Don't know why, but I did. I think that some of what he said was what he felt at the time. But, in the same respect, not everyone is going to like your designs. They may find them boring. You are right, maybe a little constructive critiscism would help instead of smart aleck comments. But, instead of going off as you did, which isn't the smart thing to do, you should have asked, "ok what is your opinion and what would you do differently?"

Just my two cents.

Katie

I bought a cell phone a while ago and afters lots of talk from the sales person, I bought the insurrance for it. Not even a week later, a dog chews up my phone! No problem, I mean hey, I bought insurrance right? Well, I take it beack to the Sprint store and get some BS that it was my fault that the dog had acess to my phone and I would have to pay $50 to replace it! The phone was still operative so I just left. I'm a poor college student! I can't afford to replace a phone! After this contract expires, I WILL NEVER USE SPRINT AGAIN!

AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!%#!#!

Grr. The median is there for a reason. You're not supposed to drive OVER it to make a U-turn!!

The expected procedure is to continue up another 50 DAMN FEET to the signal, wait for the green arrow, and do it there. That's exactly what I did.

Sheesh, people.