TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I can't stand these trees that are outside my Science classroom. They're the ones that are in full bloom right now, they have these really, REALLY bad smelling white flowers all over them. Some scent-impaired person must have planted those things, because they're absolutely everywhere! I can't remember their name, so I'm trying to be as specific as I can.

^ They're of the order flowerus stinkus maximus. Hope that helped...

"No! I think picky eaters are just that way for the attention. "Hey everyone, look at me, I won't eat that, and that makes me better than you!" (RIP Psyclone)

Being a somewhat picky eater myself, I tend to respect others who don't like whatever is plopped before them. Everyone has different tastes. Also, being diabetic, I have to be careful about what and how much I eat. No doubt others have their own reasons, so don't be too quick to judge.

Eric

I can't stand when a motorcycle parks in a regular sized space, and another one parks two or three spaces over. Why don't they just share a space? Or whoever designs parking lots should designate a motorcycle parking area with smaller spaces.

It's such a pain to park at our train station because they do this all the time.

Eric

That reminds me of a related peeve.

SUVs that park in compact spaces. C'mon, your not fooling anybody.

^ If you mean big SUVs, I agree, but my Honda CR-V, though an SUV, is simply a tall Civic and fits in one just fine. Some land yachts (Cadillacs, Crown Victorias, etc.) shouldn't be parking in those, either.

Eric

Are people blind? They look at me and see "gay". Not, good artist, or good actor or something else. My mom and her boyfriend are the only people that see me being gay as just a characteristic of my personality. They know that there is much more to me than my sexual orientation.

This Thursday, two days from now, I'm going to see my dad in Denver. He's homophobic as hell, and my mom advised me to not come out to him for at least a while. Well, now I have to turn off my flamboyancy and turn on whatever the hell is straight, which is just too freaking hard. If he sees "gay" he won't see his son. In his eyes he will see a fag who wants to go around and rape people and the only thing on his mind is sex.

Why is "gay" the only thing people see? There is much more to people than their sexual orientation. Why must we let our sexual preference shadow who we really are?

I can't stand these trees that are outside my Science classroom. They're the ones that are in full bloom right now, they have these really, REALLY bad smelling white flowers all over them. Some scent-impaired person must have planted those things, because they're absolutely everywhere! I can't remember their name, so I'm trying to be as specific as I can.

When I lived in cypurs the person who lived in the house before us thought it would a brilliant idea to plant Geraniums everywhere (really really stinky plant) so in the summer I would always be greeted by a wall of smell - not good...

^^^I think I'm like the guy in school that doesn't mind people who just happen to have a different sexual orientation.

People don't look at others thinking "straight" - unfortunately, it's not the other way - only because it's the more common status. "Majority rules"? Screw the majority.

In my opinion, I don't like the word "straight" when it comes to sexual orientation. When I hear people say "Are you straight?" or something similar, I always think "Straight from what? As if homosexuality is a disease or something"?

I asked a few friends what they feel about sexual orientation, and one said "They should let gay people do what they want, whatever. I'm not going to do anything when they go to hell."

W. T. F.

Who do you think is more likely to go to hell: The people who hate (...) or the people who love? And besides, not everyone believes in hell.

"No! I think picky eaters are just that way for the attention. "Hey everyone, look at me, I won't eat that, and that makes me better than you!" (RIP Psyclone)

Being a somewhat picky eater myself, I tend to respect others who don't like whatever is plopped before them. Everyone has different tastes. Also, being diabetic, I have to be careful about what and how much I eat. No doubt others have their own reasons, so don't be too quick to judge.

Eric

I'm definately not talking about diabetics! I have a cousin who is diabetic. I have nothing but respect and concern for diabetics. I'm talking about people who are perpetual little kids, who refuse to try something new. When someone flat out refuses to try something, there is a bit of snobbiness to it.

"I have nothing but respect and concern for diabetics." (RIP Psyclone)

As you should. Now, you'll be the one bowing to me when I walk by...

However, if you can believe it, I have had people---knowing my situation---trying to get me to eat more, or the wrong kind of food. It's unbelieveable how ignorant some people can be.

Eric

However, if you can believe it, I have had people---knowing my situation---trying to get me to eat more, or the wrong kind of food. It's unbelieveable how ignorant some people can be.

I hear you...

Although I'm not diabetic, I'm a vegetarian...in which people think that they can impose there own diatary belief on me.

I've been a veg for most of my life (since like the age of 12) by choice...I dont make it a big deal at all. I dont let my choice dictate where to eat...I can make do with whats on the menu and dont need to fuss about it. I never throw it in anybody's face.

Not only do people drill/quiz/debate me on how balanced my diet is (like most people eat such a balanced diet anyway) then if they move onto drilling me on my beliefs. It is seriously annoying.

I could really be an a$$hole and debate them on what they are putting into there mouths and how unhealthy they are. Especially since half the people that debate me have not a clue as to what health "benefits" meat actually are. And compare my diet which includes more of a variety of foods on a daily basis then an entire weeks worth of food on an average meat eater diet.

Dont try to shove a hamburger in my mouth and dont try to debate me on my decision. AND WE CAN ALL LIVE FREAKING HAPPY AND PEACEFULLY TOGETHER!!!!!!!

(end rant)

Ok heres something that really bothers me.

I hate the we're-better-than-you-because-we-have-tons-of-money-and-we-live-in-big-a$$-houses-but-are-completely-oblivious-to-the-fact-that-all-of-our-kids-are-potheads attitude all the adults in my town have.

I can't stand when people think they are above everyone, its just something that really bothers me.

I will say one nice thing though-everyone around here is pretty open minded especially for a small town with churches all over the place. [think of how Walgreens is in Florida, thats how many there are]

I hate it SO much that no matter what drink you get at a restaurant, they ALWAYS put so much ice in the glass that they can barely fit two ounces of liquid it afterward.

How do they expect me to eat a slice of pie at Baker's Square without something to wash it down?

EDIT: OMG, I'm a suicide risk!

Ãœberraschungseier (Kinder Surprise Eggs) are no longer allowed to be sold in the US!

How dare they?!

People are so annoying. I'm annoying annoahgaiohgatewatergatescandalandthensomeforthefunofitandthentheytoldmetogotothestoreandtoshellitoutforthelulzandiwaslikehellnotheydontlikethetasteofitandtheydonthavetouseitholdonwsoneonesknockingonthedoorbye.