TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^ Lots of people in our area are doing the same thing. Not distancing themself from others, no masks, acting like it's all over and they've nothing to fear. Me and my David are older (67 and 73) so we're constantly freaked out about going out for grocery shopping, etc. together. Taking care we're doing everything right...and then running into, and around, people shopping there who obviously don't give an f about taking precautions.

My grrrrrr, too.

I told my mom I'm not doing long visits to Walmart anymore. The other day it was a quick in-and-out for a few items, and even that was too much for me. So many people not wearing masks, and I swear to god nobody in this area knows how to read or just doesn't care about the bright green and red "This Way Only" stickers on each aisle.

Grocery curbside pickup only from now on (I am SO happy they take EBT/SNAP now!). Once a vaccine is available and I have gotten it, then maybe I'll feel okay going in. But not before then.

• 1 month later...
(I am SO happy they take EBT/SNAP now!)

ya thats great

Once a vaccine is available and I have gotten it, then maybe I'll feel okay going in. But not before then.

Don't be in too much of a hurry. I'm not convinced there will ever be a vaccine.

• 5 weeks later...

^ Just felt lousy yesterday. I've been having a back problem and although we're treating it with pills, on-phone chat with our doctor.... and now spending a few visits with my very first chiropractor.... Pain comes and goes, day to day.

Yesterday was a crap crap crap kind of day, heh. (Feeling much better today, though.)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Of all the holiday songs I hear on the radio, the ones that absolutely turn me off, are the ones that have lyrics like "It's Christmas baby, please come home." Or "I miss you so much, please come back to me." I mean WTF happened in the first place to these people? Why were these holiday songs written like that?

They broke up. He probably beat her. But now she wants him back? And he's all in tears because "she won't come back to me." Yeah, well why bro? Why did she leave you in the first place, anyway?

These are truly dumb songs that don't deserve airplay, no matter how "iconic" etc. they are.

My rant and that's it. Ho ho ho. 🤢

• 2 weeks later...

Both me and my mother had COVID a couple weeks ago. While that in and of itself is rant-worthy; while I was quarantining, I had some Halloween Dove Chocolate.

20201201_205521.thumb.jpg.bcfdc9464566469739539940ee25be49.jpg

And since I had COVID, I couldn't taste the damn thing. :butt:

We have both recovered and I am back at work, BTW.

• 1 month later...

I read that Canada's Snowbirds, those from Canada (usually elders) who travel south for winter vacations (Florida, etc.), are bitching and complaining and wanting to be exempted from recent covid-19 rules that the Gov't has just implemented..... and warned them about, for several months now.

The rest of Canada is saying "F-You. You're on your own. You shouldn't have gone in the first place. You knew in advance, and still you went."

Stupid idiots. It's a relatively small percentage who went, but still. They should have known better. Dumbasses. 😛

• Like 1

I've been trying to refinance my student loans (total payment of about $900/month). For the past few months, I've been under the impression that my federal loans, which were in forbearance (COVID), were going to start billing again. I need a recent billing statement (within 3 months) to refinance. When I went in to check it, forbearance has been extended to November of this year.

I'm trying to move out of my parents' basement (where I currently live rent-free) and need a smaller monthly payment on my loans before I can even think about paying rent. At the same time, I was waiting on refinancing numbers to put a desired salary on job applications so I know how much I need before I start looking for a new job.

So now, I need a higher wage if I'm going to pay both rent and my student loans. And that will decrease the number of jobs I can actually apply for.

Have you looked into signing up for income-based repayment? I haven't spent a dime on my student loans because I've never had a job since I got the loans. The interest has built up, sure, but because I don't have a job, my payments are officially $0/month.

^Never been a fan of that idea with all the interest piling up.

New rant. While I could present this photo of my car in a ditch without comment...

171540576_carinditch.thumb.jpg.2fb9a9989d74224203dc198b0619203d.jpg

I was in the ditch for 4.5 hours. My insurance said they'd send a tow to help me out quickly. After calling again 90 minutes later, I finally got some automated texts and no actual information. So finally I cancelled my insurance roadside assistance and called a local tow company and they sent someone out immediately (after helping a couple other people in a ditch) and they were able to get me out pretty much as soon as they got on the scene. And my insurance company will be able to reimburse me.

I am fine and my car was not damaged, BTW.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 9:19 PM, tinaalsgirl said:

Have you looked into signing up for income-based repayment? I haven't spent a dime on my student loans because I've never had a job since I got the loans. The interest has built up, sure, but because I don't have a job, my payments are officially $0/month.

This is not good advice for anyone to follow.

Actually, it's very good advice because they base your repayments each month on your income. I haven't deliberately not had a job; I'm autistic and have had difficulties finding and maintaining work. I wasn't saying that people should just not get a job. I was just using my firsthand experience with income-based repayment as an example.

• 1 month later...

I really hate when I preorder a product and they can't keep me up to date on delivery.

I preorder a product 31th of March this year for today, As of now it's over 2P.M. over here and I have heard nothing if I get the product today.

As of now:

- The website I ordered at states it will be delivered today, however there is no link to a delivery service (what this site normally does after sending their products outside of the warehouse.) 

- The automated customer service told me it should be delivered today.

- I have no mail telling me the product is delayed or delivery is on its way.

- I have no product delivered today.

Now I'm not ranting because I have no product. I'm ranting that I have heard nothing. Let's say the manufacture didn't deliver or delivered too few (what I doubt because the product page now says: "Order today and get delivery on Wednesday" (Tomorrow is a national holiday) that means they have it in stock and there was no delay.) Or for some other reason they couldn't deliver today I would have been fine with it, if they at least had some decency to email me.  As of now I have no product and no idea when or if I get it.

Update: It's around 4:30 P.M. and still nothing got a hand of a phone number and called, they indeed have it in stock but didn't send it (What explains why I heard nothing) Still no idea when I get it, they would try to find out why my order hasn't been send and I will hear when they figure that out. I doubt I will be seeing it today.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, tinaalsgirl said:

Actually, it's very good advice because they base your repayments each month on your income. I haven't deliberately not had a job; I'm autistic and have had difficulties finding and maintaining work. I wasn't saying that people should just not get a job. I was just using my firsthand experience with income-based repayment as an example.

Right. But, any time you build interest that's a not a good thing, regardless of how low payments are.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I baked a new loaf of bread today. Woo hoo.

But I didn't go to Playland cause I was having aches and pains so much; they haven't gone away, which is really pissing me off...  It's all in my body "below the waist"... and the aches and pains just do not seem to GO AWAY. Pissing me off, and putting me off about usual stuff, like shopping on The Drive, and such, Pisses me off, still. I think it will go away, eventually. But for now FUCK IT ALL! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I am done. Rant over. I can only FREEK OUT for so long, right?

Fini.