TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Gawds, I'm just hearing that they're looking for contestant families for "Family Feud Canada". Ugh.

Or it'll flop, because everybody in the families are being too nice to each other.

And apologizing from time to time.

It's the Canadian Way. Could happen.

EDIT: Found out it starts mid-December. Can't wait.

Edited by Nrthwnd

Assholes who can't be bothered to care for anything that doesn't belong to them.

I picked up an almost-new car (year old, 15k miles, perfect condition) car a week and a half ago.

In that week and a half I've had someone hit the rear bumper in a parking lot and badly scratch it, hit it with a door or shopping cart or whatever and mark up a door, and now this morning I come out to find a deep gouge along one door, well into the metal; I don't even know how someone did that kind of damage. Now that's going to be an expensive repair I need to take care of ASAP before it starts to cause rust. A week and a half.

Not one of them bothered to leave a note or in any way mention or take responsibility, of course.

When amazon didnt have a preorder for the 4k bluray of avengers endgame, so you preorder using the disney movie club and they dont ship it until the 16th and it arrives tomorrow, then amazon gets it and it's cheaper right now ($25 vs the $32 i paid with shipping) at least i get a free lithograph

• 2 weeks later...

My trip to Disney got cancelled last weekend because of Hurricane Dorian, which I was fine with... but I'm just now seeing that the parks weren't just open during that weekend, but they were empty.

I could've been piloting the Millennium Falcon, but instead I was stuck dealing with the worst crowds ever at SFoG on the Sunday before Labor Day.

• 2 weeks later...

This morning, we got a milk delivery.....which we weren't supposed to get.

I called our milk company (Dairy World Foods) two weeks before we left on our California trip. I gave them the specific dates and orders (or not) for three deliveries. The first two, went fine (less milk just before we left; and no delivery while we were gone). But he wasn't supposed to resume delivery until next Tuesday.

I called them later, and wanted this order picked back up, as we had already bought milk (yesterday) to get us through to the next delivery...which was supposed to be next week. So far, it hasn't been picked up. And if it's not picked back up today, it's staying outside on the porch overnight, and then I call them tomorrow, and remind them again.....and maybe even cancel the whole delivery thing altogether. We don't need these delivery mistakes any more (and we've had problems in the past with this driver, too).

Grrrrr.

My trip to Disney got cancelled last weekend because of Hurricane Dorian, which I was fine with... but I'm just now seeing that the parks weren't just open during that weekend, but they were empty.

I could've been piloting the Millennium Falcon, but instead I was stuck dealing with the worst crowds ever at SFoG on the Sunday before Labor Day.

and then ON Labor Day Monday (the next day). SFOG was dead. .

sorry I missed ya there!

• 2 months later...

Crazy as I sound, but....

"Rudolph, The Red Nosed Reindeer" shouldn't be sung at all - or greatly re-written to be sung, at least.

It's honestly, the Classic Christmas Bullying Song. I don't have to explain it. You know the lyrics.

And when Santa approves, then 'they' all jump on the bandwagon to "approve" Rudolph.

Unintentional to be sure... back then. But this is now. Doesn't it make you cringe,

when those lyrics are sung, happy and jolly, and from such young mouths?

I mean, if they're going to go after "Baby It's Cold Outside" for the drink thing,

why not this one for bullying in general? Not to mention the bandwagon jumping that

happens, when Santa singles Rudolph out.

Too much? Hey, it's my rant.

Ho ho ho.

holiday-santa-coaster.jpg.2a94ac213c02122faf671d7626d0e7b9.jpg

Santa sez..."We're gonna die!"

• 4 weeks later...
I mean, if they're going to go after "Baby It's Cold Outside" for the drink thing,

why not this one for bullying in general?

Or, you could just not go after either song. I think you can find much more offensive contemporary pop culture songs to be offended by, if that's what you're looking for.

^ There's lots and lots of offensive contemporary pop culture songs

I am offended by.... but this was Christmas time music. And specific songs.

And remember it's a Random Rant. Wasn't asking for comments or even compliments,

but thanks for the advice, nonetheless.

"Spring" semester should not start on January 6th. Sorry, that's way too early. Also, since the semester starts this week, my "spring break" begins on FEBRUARY 29th! And my semester ends on April 29th!

Just wish I had a longer winter break (>3 weeks). I get wanting to maximize time in the summer for students to work, but starting school this early so we can finish by the end of April seems crazy and unnecessary to me. Especially in UT where "spring" semester is basically snow and sub-freezing temperatures until at LEAST late-March.

//rant over

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So here's the deal with this week's The Masked Singer...

and BTW.... yes we do enjoy it, and yes it's over the top, and yes it actually has some fun moments in it,

especially when they unmask a singer who nobody guessed (i.e. Drew Carey, Kelly Osborne), including us.

That said WTF is going on with this White Tiger person? Yes he's probably a sports player, probably

football from how they've tried to figure him out.

And - HE DOES NOT SING. At all. This past episode proved it. But he's winning by being "entertainig."

SPOILER ALERT

Again WTF??? It's the Masked 'Singer,' not 'Entertainer.' He should be able to sing... some how. Yes? No?

Three capable singers got ousted this season so far, including this week's Chaka Khan (!), because of his

"aw gee me, let's all clap along" antics.

And it's time for the audience to get smarter and VOTE - HIM - OUT, VOTE - HIM - OUT, VOTE - HIM - OUT,

as "entertainingly fun" as he is. What Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

My shoulder is trashed. I hurt it doing an overhead press a few years ago. Too much weight and bad form. In November the injury came back to haunt me and it won't heal up. I haven't lifted any weights, done any upper-body cross training, or played any hockey since then. Working out is a daily part of my life and I'm tired of just doing cardio and light core workouts. I miss playing hockey. After 11 sessions of physical therapy I was advised that I was wasting my time. I have a MRI scheduled for Friday. It's giving me the blues.

Everyone always told me to take it easier on myself and rest my body more. I never listened. Being 34, I'm not old, but I'm not as young as it used to be. My over-activity finally caught up with me.

Rant ended.

• 1 month later...

For about the last year I've had an on and off toothache caused by a bit of tooth falling out. Because I could cure it with a couple ibuprofen, I ignored it for the longest time. Last week, my pizza betrayed me by jamming itself into that tooth and instigating some swelling and pus. Due to the current state of affairs, I was able to get into the dentist this morning for at least a diagnosis. About an hour later, I'm getting a root canal. I'd have preferred to just get the tooth pulled, but that tooth is between two others and it's on the side I had some jaw surgery on a few years ago. Getting that tooth pulled and getting either a spacer or a denture in there would have cost $3500-$5000. The root canal would cost $2500. I have some decent dental insurance, but I'm still going to have a large out of pocket expense. At least I'm getting that Stimulus check. And all this could have boiled down to a simple cavity filling if I had taken care of this when it happened a year ago.

• 1 month later...

^ OUCH. I have gone thru a few root canals myself, so I feel for you. Hope it all works out for you, eventually.

My RANT is about how complaining and bitching about anything and everything during these times is just - crap.

And that's what's making the news, lately. Bitching and complaining about what you can't have or get during this time. Well, boo hoo.

I just heard that a children's camp in Ontario is not opening for the summer, And of course, they get some complaining mother interviewed, who "can't do anything in their backyard, what a camp can do."

Excuse me? You actually have a back yard??? Wow. Times are hard. Sorry, but unless I know the size of that backyard, I do not understand why you are complaining about the camp not opening during these times.

This is My Rant

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why people don't use their signals. It helps with the predictability of traffic and it's a courtesy to other drivers. Are people that lazy that they can't flick their wrists a few inches? (yes) It's like wearing a seatbelt, in that it becomes an unconscious movement, just like using the gas pedal or stearing wheel. I even use my signal when I pull into my driveway (as I should). I catch myself using it on sharp turns, sometimes... It's a pet peeve of mine.

^ Then, there are those idiots, that "drift" through a stop sign, and don't even stop, unless they absolutely have to. Then if they do stop, they're stuck with the front half of their car beyond the sign, and possibly blocking oncoming traffic on the cross street. Grrrrrrr.

My shoulder is trashed. Rotator cuff surgery at the end of July. Light duty at work and no real exercise for 6 months. Outside of otherwise being in good health, maintaining a good career, and no long term personal disasters, 2020 has been complete fucking trash for a multitude of reasons.

On Sunday, my father went to the Hospital with chest pains and trouble breathing. He has a number of pre-existing conditions that make him "at risk." He was NOT tested for COVID. You'd think that'd be the first thing they check for right now. He was discharged within a couple hours and prescribed some light aspirin-like medication.

• 3 weeks later...

My current rant....

I'm so SICK of all these people who think COVID is a "hoax" and are defying all the guidelines given to them to try to protect themselves and others. Those individuals are nothing but trash, and they are the reason our country is in the place it's in right now.

There we go... I said it. #EndOfRant