TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

Loser_Nerd, teachers can be jerks sometimes.

I am mad because my English teacher gave me a D+ on my essay. I did a good job, and worked hard. The thing that makes me really mad, is that out of about 10 things to grade on I got mostly 3's, two 4's and two 2's.

4-A

3-B

2-C

1-D

0-F

I think I should have gotten a B on it because that's what score I got on thr rubric! She decides to give me a D because she feels like it. She gave me a B score, but decided to put a D+ on it.

What a jerk...

Just because you "feel" you deserve a better grade doesn't mean you do. Trust me, there's a good reason you got a D on that essay. I get D's on a few of my essays too, and I work hard. I don't blame my teacher for them. Instead, I look at how I can improve. Don't blame your teacher right away for bad grades. It's frustrating for them (my dad teaches HS math). Now, I may be wrong in this case, but normally, it is not the teacher's fault.

Kinda like how 2% of California failed the HS exit exam, sued for getting "unfair education opporunities", and got their diplomas even though they don't deserve them.

1. Next time you're going to win, don't get arrogant fans that cheer when someone makes an error. It's poor sportsmanship.

2. Next time you're going to win, don't MISS the coach with the Gatorade cooler.

3. Next time you're going to win, don't do it off of the umpire's shit calls.

4. Next time you're going to win, don't laugh at them after they lose.

5. Next time you're going to win, don't do it off of the other team's defense. Learn to hit well.

6. Next time you're going to win, don't run off of the field screaming and probably getting boners.

7. Next time you're going to win, don't throw cheap elbows at people while running down the baseline.

8. Next time you're going to win, don't criticize the other team. Cheering is OK, but insults show poor sportsmanship. Don't you want to be regarded as decent people?

9. Next time you're going to win, don't argue with the umpires. It makes you look like a whiner.

10. Next time you're going to win, ACTUALLY PLAY A GOOD GAME, NOT A CHEATING SHITFEST.

Oh yeah...sorry for the anger and use of profanity, but GOD FRIGGIN' HELP ME I am pretty pissed right now.

And before anyone comes in and says, "It's just a game, dude, calm down" - *coughBEEMERBOY* - I'm aware that it's just a game. I like to win. But why bother go job hunting? It's just money. Money can't buy happiness. Hell, why even be happy? It's just an emotion - meaningless.

Sorry, I went off on a tangent there.

I like to think I'm fairly mature for my age, but thanks nonetheless. I just have this thing where I know I can control my anger, but I don't *like* to. It's fun to be pissed off enough to slam something, to punch something, to break something...as long as it doesn't affect anyone.

Anyone know what I mean, or am I alone?

^ Datman is right about you. You just prooved his pint! I can'y really talk, becuase I was the same way about other things at that age, but I'm pretty sure you say stuff like "*coughBEEMERBOY*" just to watch his reaction. I doubt you really get mad at people on the internet, you just like to see how mad you can get them. You will understand in a few years...you will hate middle school kids because of their Immaturity.

DATman, I'm mad at the fact she gave me an average of "3", which is equal to a B, when she gave me a D. Now, without her telling me why I got a bad grade, do you think that is fair? Lol, that first part of the sentence sounded funny!

Ah, to be young and have problems like those again!

Here's my (seemingly weekly) rant on the Navy:

This weekend, a guy, 25, violated a Navy rule, and while on vacation, stayed out overnight drinking his mind out in Tokyo. A guy who was with him (and senior to him) didn't curb the poor behavior. On Sunday morning, the 25 year old, got caught stealing a Japanese person's bicycle by the police. The police gave the guy an opportunity (for 9 hours) to apologise to the Japanese guy and get off, scott free. He was still drunk, so he clammed up and kept demanding to see a lawyer. (A right he doesn't have under Japanese law.) He was sent to the national prison to await his sentencing.

Monday, nothing.

Tuesday. They have 'locked down' everybody to the ship. We can't go home. We have to stay here until someone above our Captain decides that we understand what it means to be an 'ambassador' to the Japanese people.

Um. I didn't do anything wrong. In fact, over 300 people on my ship didn't do anything wrong. So why do we get punished for what someone else did? He doesn't work for me. I wasn't with him.

Grr. Talk about unfair!

This rant's for you SmugMug!

I have been using the image hosting company for almost a year and a half now. It's a pretty expensive service to use, even my "low-level" account is something like $30/year. I've never had any problems from them... well, this IS the rant thread so you know that the line "until now" is next.

Anyways turns out that today, my bandwidth blew. And it didnt just blow, it was surpassed in a way that I doubt could have even come in a single day. One of the cool things about smugmug is that they give you the option of getting an email when you are approaching your limit. Where the heck is my email?? So, now I am basically faced with a choice - put up with the stupid "Bandwidth blown" images for more than a week, or pay a premium to upgrade my account. Well, I decided I would have to take the second option which cost me $50 IIRC. Of course there is no way I could have just gotten a bump for a month, nooooooo, I had to upgrade for the entire year. And could I possibly downgrade in future months? Of course not, why do something easy like that? Why do what pretty much ever other host in the world does? That would be good, why on earth would you do that?

A year ago I would have HIGHLY recommended the company. And I did, I sent several people over there. Now, they can just go screw themselves for all I care. It would be cheaper and less of a hassle to host on my friggin parktrips.com account (which I had been slowly moving over towards anyways, this is just a good reason not to use smugmug at all next year)

- Joe, sigh

I hate rides with tests seats that I can fit in but not on the ride itself. I drove an hour and a half to Cedar Point 2 weeks ago to ride Skyhawk. I go to the test seat and it was ok but I go to get on the ride and not even close. Same thing happened on Max Air the year before I got on the ride pulled the harness down and got the belt fastened but STILL was not able to ride they kicked me off. after I waited 30 min. And back in 2005 I went to ride MF and the seatbelt was fastened on the test seat so I get in line and wait an hour get to the friggin train and the belt on the train was 4 inches shorter than on the freakin' test seat. The ride op on MF that kicked me off was being such a jerk about it too. And so ends my rant.

Not to much of a rant i don't think but...I hate it when the cashiers at Wendys get mad when I walk in and buy nuggets, while holding a Mc Donalds bag full of fries...Wendys fries suck imo...then they always ask me, "what's wrong with out fries"..I just tell them everybody has a preference..

Fat women wearing bikinis. I mean, my god, what are they trying to do? Blind us? Do they really think that they look good? Show us some courtesy and don't go to the beach or pool. Why don't they just stop eating fast food and get their lazy butt off the sofa and go get some excercize.

Im upset with my band right now. We've all worked so hard and we got so close to making it a legitimate career. However, getting close caused two of the guys (one very vital member) to quit. I am a founding member along with one other guy, and we have rebuilt the lineup so far 3 times in the 5 years of being together. I dont know if I have it in me to rebuild again , especially since the other guys dont seem interested in focusing on the important things of the rebuild, like replacing the vital member first. Wouldn't it make more sense to make that a priority? If I bring up anything, I get the attitude back like they think everything will just magically work itself out on its own.

Its so frustrating to get so close to your dreams and everything falls apart right at the end. And to add insult to injury , this is the second time this has happened, the first band was when I was 19. ah, such is life.

Sorry, had to get that out somewhere.