TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

• 2 weeks later...

This week, with the time change, is totally f-ing up my system.

Feeling lousy every day I wake up. Thankfully, I don't have work to deal with.

But still. Ugh, ugh ugh. And it's not the flu, I know

^And for my own personal curiosity, ^ and ^^ why is this a "rant?"

First post here in a long time, I don't know what triggered it other than the fact that I really miss going to theme parks.

Rather than spending hour writing paragraphs ranting I'll just boil it down to "back injuries suck."

Here's a slightly longer version.

I spent three years of getting MRIs and going through the process of physical therapy, lumbar cortisone shots, facet joint cortisone shots, and radiofrequency ablation. All because one day when I stood up I herniated two of my lumbar disks. That's all I did, no heavy lifting or doing anything dangerous, I just stood up from sitting. Ever since then standing hurts. Not the motion of standing up or walking, it's the act of standing still in one place that is very painful.

Anyway after all theses therapies failed to heal my disks or stop the pain my doctor decides to order a CT scan to see if I have any hairline bone fractures the three MRIs I've had might have missed. The CT scan didn't show any fractures, but instead found that my L3 vertibrae was in two pieces. It wasn't broken, because that would imply that my L3 was once whole. Apparently the lack of any scarring or other signs of a break means my L3 has been like this since I was born. Why didn't my past three MRIs spot this?

I hopefully will be getting surgery sometime this year, but first my doctor wants me to get a discogram to see if there is anything else the MRIs might have missed. I'm hoping that I'll be finished with the surgery and able to go back to amusement parks by the time WCB comes around, even if I can only go on the gentler rides.

This might not be the most appropriate place to post this, but I need to get this off of my chest. And yes, this might sound very "teenager" of me to say, but I don't care.

Lately I've been at an all-time-low. My grades have been slipping, I feel like a lot of my friends have been ignoring me, and my ADHD has been at a huge high; I can't do anything without getting distracted... just typing this is probably gonna take like two hours. On top of that, nothing really... interests me anymore, you know? I'm a kid that has a bunch of hobbies; drawing, playing video games, listening to/creating music, running, et cetera and et cetera. These days I just seem to be in a slump of sorts... I don't want to do anything I used to love. I don't want to call this depression, because it isn't... it's more of a burnout. And I don't want that. I take school pretty seriously (I want to be an architect when I grow up), and I definitely don't want to burn out, especially not now. It's my final quarter in middle school, next year I'm moving into ninth grade at an IB school, and I fear that if these new habits/feelings stick with me, I'll flunk out. It sucks big-time.

Okay, teen rant over. Sorry 'bout that.

^And for my own personal curiosity, ^ and ^^ why is this a "rant?"

it's not.

but for my "rant" i'll say if he's not old enough to actually vote anyways (and he would have been EIGHT when Obama was elected the 1st time)?. . then the opinion is completely invalid regardless, and should simply be ignored.

This might not be the most appropriate place to post this, but I need to get this off of my chest. And yes, this might sound very "teenager" of me to say, but I don't care.

Lately I've been at an all-time-low. My grades have been slipping, I feel like a lot of my friends have been ignoring me, and my ADHD has been at a huge high; I can't do anything without getting distracted... just typing this is probably gonna take like two hours. On top of that, nothing really... interests me anymore, you know? I'm a kid that has a bunch of hobbies; drawing, playing video games, listening to/creating music, running, et cetera and et cetera. These days I just seem to be in a slump of sorts... I don't want to do anything I used to love. I don't want to call this depression, because it isn't... it's more of a burnout. And I don't want that. I take school pretty seriously (I want to be an architect when I grow up), and I definitely don't want to burn out, especially not now. It's my final quarter in middle school, next year I'm moving into ninth grade at an IB school, and I fear that if these new habits/feelings stick with me, I'll flunk out. It sucks big-time.

Okay, teen rant over. Sorry 'bout that.

Welcome to being a Teenager. I am one year ahead (about to do what the UK calls GCSE's), and while I want to give advice on what helps me, I am worried I may get banned. Most of the time I give my POV, or advice I get banned or nearly banned. As I write this, I look at my signature...

Hell! I will give my advice anyway. What I do that helps is put my head down to some serious hard work, and have aims in my head to stick to, and motivation at the end of a dark and painful tunnel that is work. Always. That could be watching my favorite TV show, or have a slice of cake. Something. If the tunnel is really large, like it is at the moment, I have a massive motivation to keep working. At the moment, I have a coaster trip to Germany to Phantasialand and Holiday Park coming up, which makes the work worth while. The greatest motivation though i sthe third layer motivation, becomming a rollercoaster designer (for you, architect). This will give you momentum, and soon your grades will start to climb, so long as you want them to. Keep this momentum, and although it hurts to give your whole body, soul and brain to every subject at school and home, it will pay off.

When you get those moments of joy. Let is encapsulate you, and don't resist it. When a good day comes along or a good hour or a good minute, enjoy it and make the most of it. The when you get back to work, and you are finding the going tough, remember those times of happiness, and remember they will happen again, and remember the more work you do now, you will be rewarded with more happiness later.

It is hard, as I can say first hand, but you are not alone. It is those people who care about how their grades are going that are successful. You have a great aim in your head to become an architect, and I have full faith that you can do it. Whether you will do it depends on if you let all this get you down and you mess up, or you grit your teeth and get up.

Hope this helps.

Robb or any other site admins, sorry if this is stupid in advance, but please don't ban me. This is honestly what I think is the best advice and works for me. If you think is it obnoxious or anything else, just delete the comment or something.

Not really a rant ~ more of a disappointed realization.

A trip per year in the future, is not going to work in the long run.

So, am deciding at the present, to do a trip every other year or so.

Which means, nothing next year, getting to Knott's and Disney (x2)

in 2019, then skipping to 2021 and FINALLY getting to visit TDLR.

Not a great plan, but I give myself a year in between to save up, pay

the previous bills up - and maybe even trim down my CCs. Finally.

Still going to be hard to skip years, going nowhere that year.

On top of everything that has been going on health-wise with my partner, Michael (which has been nothing short of a living nightmare for 4+ months), I have had the septic plug and had to get a new pipe installed coming out of the basement due to tree root invasion, brakes and tires crapped on the Rav 4, the snowblower officially sh%t the bed during a snowstorm two weeks ago, and then the coup de grace....the furnace died last Saturday. Cracked heat exchanger = new, very expensive furnace.

When does life start getting a little better here...WTF.