TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

^Nothing against people who do...but people with an average intelligence like me will have trouble understanding them. It causes a lot of confusion and communication issues too. She told me when she was a young child in school people would resent her for using big words even back then! They thought that she was to good for everyone...I personally dont think that way but i do find it kind of annoying when she uses fancy words. I never hear any of my other friends or family talk like that...Also she started reading two!!! So that explains a lot....She is the Sheldon Cooper of reading and writing. When it comes to me though Im like a Penny.

The first snowfall in New England always gives drivers amnesia and everyone forgets how to drive. Instead of driving a little slower and more carefully, I see people tailgating, weaving, and speeding, which results in several accidents.

Oh look, snow is falling now...

I'm envious of the snow in Portland, but it seems this year's storms have turned the city into a total cluster. (There should be a snow-related synonym. Blizzardf__k? Flurrycluster? I got nothin'...except a feeling of skin-crawling creepiness over those two lame ideas.) Anyway, we get (I mean they get) appreciable snow every other year, but somehow this year zero people can drive in it, and just-down-the-road commutes are taking hours. The entire city has shut down at least, like, twice, over...snow.

Oh, and re: issues with words and their usage, this is what my MOTHER said to me last night after I corrected her on something: "I forgot I was writin' to a school marm." Savage...

This isn't really a complaint, more of an observation of other peoples (in my opinion) unjustified complaints.

I am constantly amazed by how much people complain at airports. Air travel gets such hate from consumers but I travel quite frequently and rarely ever have any problems. Other than an occasional delay, usually caused by weather (which you would have to be complete moron to complain about), air travel is extremely smooth, efficient, and safe.

While yes many services have been cut or upcharged over the past couple decades, in the past 30 years airfares have been cut bigtime adjusted for inflation. So while air travel is not as nice as it used to be, and yes it basically has become "buses in the air," do you take transportation for luxury or do you take it to get where you want to go?

If you still want food then nothing is stopping you from buying food on the plane. I would rather buy snacks at Walmart and not have the price of food included in my ticket. Carrying, preparing, and serving food is a big expense and domestic flights aren't that long anyway (I can't think of any that are longer than 5-6 hours and that's cross country).

Yes, airlines charge for baggage for domestic flights now. But its also true that people take way too much stupid **** with them when they travel, so I don't feel bad for them . Ive gone on month long trips overseas and taken 1 duffle bag with me, therefore no bag fees (when you book your flight it includes the bag with the price of the ticket if you have a domestic transfer). Travel bags for suits usually are made to fit in a suitcase.

Flying is safe, efficient, takes you huge distances in short amount of time, and relatively affordable if you're not a complete idiot. Security lines usually aren't as bad as people make them out to be (i'm looking at the lines at LAX right now and they are 5-10 minutes). People make it sound much worse than it actually is.

And now...

George Michael (formerly of Wham!, then he went solo)

Gone at age 53!!! I mean, WTF??? 53???

That's all I got for now. This year sucked, for deaths among musical artists.

When someone is chewing loudly on the mic while on skype with you or when making a youtube video. Not to mention its hard to concentrate on whats happening in a video when all you hear is *smack smack smack smack squish squish crunch crunch smack smack smack* I mean you cant eat or snack BEFORE making a video???

The overwhelming (for us) amount of snow, and then ice on top of it, this past month

has been wild! And to add to the (offstreets) problem, garbage isn't being picked up,

but most of us have been dealing with it, ok. Now today - no milk delivery. And yes,

we still get it done that way, after all these years, other than going to the store, etc.

So - lots of things 'stopped' temporarily for us, until this 'stuff' melts away, etc.

EDIT! The milk may still be on it's way! I called our home delivery # and they contacted

the driver, and yes we were still on his list, today. So, instead of usually in the morning,

we're now getting our milk in the afternoon. Or not. After the ice goes away, we may go

back to our morning delivery schedule. Whatever. Mmmm. Milk.

I hate how people make a big deal about grammar and spelling on forums,comment sections,even good old chatrooms! Lesure websites and social media is for relaxation and for NOT worrying about impressing others! You may have to do stuff a certain way for school or work but you shouldn't have to do stuff a certain way when are suppose to be taking it easy!

• 2 weeks later...
2016 Sucked!

Understatement.

Can 2017 possibly be any worse?? Oh wait. . . That's right. . . Look what's happening tomorrow.

Been sick for a couple of days now. At my age, it definitely sucks!

OH NO!! Hope you get better soon!!!

^ Thanks. Much better today. And no coughing or sniffling, so that was lucky not to get.

Just a lot of body PAINS, that made it difficult to sleep and generally move around.

But - all getting better now!

So I guess i should switch all of this, to the "Happiness Thread" yes? No?

I been thinking about this rant but keep forgetting to write it down. When you are at an amusement park and are with someone who takes forever in the bathroom each time!! You want to ride roller coasters but instead have to wait on your slow as a snail friend/friends! You think they fell into the toilet or got lost or something.... and this isnt even number 2 but number 1! also the there could be no lines for the bathroom and they still take forever. Another thing some people take forever to do....get on their swim suits! even when dry! Things like going pee or changing into my swim suit takes less then a minute for me but seems to take others like 5 to 10 mins....and its not just amusement parks either its anywhere and everywhere. Also its not just me who is impatient I once waiting on someone with someone else and I could clearly see them twiddling their thumbs in an annoyed matter as they keep rolling their eyes too. At one point I thought she was gonna hit her head against the fridge she was standing near by!

My rant also has to do with restrooms... not just at theme parks, but at grocery stores, my college, etc.

Guys, if you use the stalls to take a leak, LIFT UP THE DANG SEAT!! I used to think peeing on the seat was a habit that people outgrew, but apparently not.

I am still dumbfounded, as to why a lot of food packing still uses dark colors on it,

and then puts the (cooking) instructions on that dark color, in a dark colored print!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

Drives me nuts! At least, mo matter what the base color, PLEASE put the instructions in WHITE LETTERING!